Toronto416

Marcus Smart 2017-2018 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

I took a flier on him for tomorrow's game in case James Johnson isn't available. He's a stat stuffing guard who can get assists, though he only had 1 last game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, trusthaprocess said:

I took a flier on him for tomorrow's game in case James Johnson isn't available. He's a stat stuffing guard who can get assists, though he only had 1 last game. 

also looking at him for Sunday.  and if you look a bit further down the sched he plays back to back on Tuesday and Wednesday. could be a good streamer.(LAL and LAC)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Def hurt himself pinching threw a glass table lit as  *uck.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, chud12 said:

Def hurt himself pinching threw a glass table lit as  *uck.  

I would say he did it punching through glass, but pinching threw also works...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it would coz Murray and Harris will be clearly ahead of him so I don't see how he keeps 30 mins a night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, calebcjy said:

talk of smart being traded to DEN for mudiay

 

would this hurt his value?

This seems really strange to me. Smart must have really pissed off the Celtics cutting his hand. I don't understand why they would trade an elite defender when they aspire to make a deep playoff run to get more PG depth. I assume they are cool rolling with Rozier to make Smart expendable, but why add a worse player and get depth at the position Rozier plays? Makes almost no sense to me. It isn't like Mudiay spaces either. 

 

If he goes to the Nuggets I think he carves out a 28ish mpg role. They can go small and have him guard 1-3. I think Barton would be the person most hurt by this. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, thezing1 said:

This seems really strange to me. Smart must have really pissed off the Celtics cutting his hand. I don't understand why they would trade an elite defender when they aspire to make a deep playoff run to get more PG depth. I assume they are cool rolling with Rozier to make Smart expendable, but why add a worse player and get depth at the position Rozier plays? Makes almost no sense to me. It isn't like Mudiay spaces either. 

 

If he goes to the Nuggets I think he carves out a 28ish mpg role. They can go small and have him guard 1-3. I think Barton would be the person most hurt by this. 

 

I believe they don't want to pay him as he is RFA during the summer so if they can get one 1st rounder for him they will happily do it. I think this will only happen if they get Tyreke or Lou as well with Rozier taking the defensive stopper role, they won't really play Mudiay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Damn, Rozier is must own then
Edited by XOrad10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Facialmyhotspot said:

He's out for season and playoffs.

 He is not even ruled out for Wednesday right now. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Boston globe calling it a sprain still. Is it ridiculous to believe he can play with a sprain? *Wishful thinking*

Edited by 2pac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RipCity0 said:

 He is not even ruled out for Wednesday right now. 

He is most definitely out for Wednesday. Even a turkey can see that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Facialmyhotspot said:

He is most definitely out for Wednesday. Even a turkey can see that.

So tell us more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

It looks like he played his last game as Celtic. They are going to miss him a lot. Next season it will be Rosier.

Brooklyn or Sacramento, here I come 

 

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23628377/marcus-smart-restricted-free-agency-worth-more-12m-14m

 

It will be interesting to see which teams willing to pay him more than 12-14 mils a year. Most of the teams are capped out this summer guess like smart said we will find out sooner or later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't mind paying Smart.

 

Brings intangibles and lockdown D.  

 

He plays extremely hard.  He doesn't mind drawing the charge and giving up his body.  And if he ever learns to shoot, he will be a solid overall player.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RealityBasketball said:

I wouldn't mind paying Smart.

 

Brings intangibles and lockdown D.  

 

He plays extremely hard.  He doesn't mind drawing the charge and giving up his body.  And if he ever learns to shoot, he will be a solid overall player.  

 

He could be worth the money for the right team. He's basically a smaller version of Draymond Green. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.