b0nfire

Andrew Benintendi 2018 Outlook

2017 LINE

.271 AVG / 84 R / 20 HR / 90 RBI / 20 SB

not bad for an 'underperforming' platoon rookie year that was overshadowed by Judge

he definitely exceeded lofty expectations in all Categories except AVG

--

Red Sox will likely sign a potent bat.

He should bat 2nd or 3rd, with less/no more sitting against lefties

.285 / 95 R / 23 HR / 98 RBI / 16 SB

That seems like a pretty monster line right there as he looks to take that next step

Also one of my favorite high floor guys IMO. 15 HR, 15 SB, 80 R, 80 RBI with an average around .275 seems like a lock at this point?

Where do you draft him??

15 hours ago, b0nfire said:

2017 LINE

.271 AVG / 84 R / 20 HR / 90 RBI / 20 SB

not bad for an 'underperforming' platoon rookie year that was overshadowed by Judge

he definitely exceeded lofty expectations in all Categories except AVG

--

Red Sox will likely sign a potent bat.

He should bat 2nd or 3rd, with less/no more sitting against lefties

.285 / 95 R / 23 HR / 98 RBI / 16 SB

That seems like a pretty monster line right there as he looks to take that next step

Also one of my favorite high floor guys IMO. 15 HR, 15 SB, 80 R, 80 RBI with an average around .275 seems like a lock at this point?

Where do you draft him??

Honestly could do what Mookie did this year. He was fantastic, and I'd say that's your floor for 2018. 

• Like 1

He's only 23, really just needs to improve the batting average and he has an elite roto skill set.  His hit tool was considered his best tool too. 

If he can do 290-20-20 with 90-90 ,thats pretty great.  I don't think it's a huge reach either.

Solid across the board season, have to see some overall numbers for a lot of guys but looking at those numbers my guess would be 2nd-3rd round.  

i like benentendi over betts tbh

its why i probably wont own any stock in betts

He did improve against lefties in 2017...

.179/.250/.179 VS. LHP in 2016 (33 PA)

.232/.336/.286 VS. LHP in 2017 (131 PA)

On 10/16/2017 at 11:17 AM, brockpapersizer said:

He's only 23, really just needs to improve the batting average and he has an elite roto skill set.  His hit tool was considered his best tool too. 

If he can do 290-20-20 with 90-90 ,thats pretty great.  I don't think it's a huge reach either.

Jose Ramirez type one day 

8 minutes ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

I see you are back from the dead.

It's been slow all around mlb so I've been watching hockey and kinda just figuring out my own keepers coming up but probably time to get back into good now. 

3 hours ago, zstlj said:

It's been slow all around mlb so I've been watching hockey and kinda just figuring out my own keepers coming up but probably time to get back into good now. 

why'd you bail on the draft?

47 minutes ago, BlueJaysIn2030 said:

why'd you bail on the draft?

i lost track of players and was busy since it wasn't quick

but Bro I knew I won after the 1st 3 rounds. You may owe some $$ I think we bet?

4 hours ago, zstlj said:

i lost track of players and was busy since it wasn't quick

but Bro I knew I won after the 1st 3 rounds. You may owe some $$ I think we bet?

hahaha nope we did not

Huge fan of Benny Biceps. He's similar to Yelich in that he does not excel in any one category, but he was an excellent prospect and is the second best hitter on the Red Sox. Fantastic player that should only get better. Plus, he should hit second in the lineup since Pedroia won't be ready for the start of the season.

Edited by Fuzzy_Slippers

Does the Martinez signing hurt Beni's play time?

I would love more discussion on Beni, what round you all think he goes?

3 hours ago, dannyusf said:

Does the Martinez signing hurt Beni's play time?

I would love more discussion on Beni, what round you all think he goes?

not, prob hurts mitch mooreland, JBJ and hanley

dont think it effects bentendi unless he slumps big time

14 hours ago, jfazz23 said:

not, prob hurts mitch mooreland, JBJ and hanley

dont think it effects bentendi unless he slumps big time

I mean, Beni went through 2 really bad slumps last year. So it could be. 

New nickname: Rake Stud

As in, "Woah! Rake Stud really filled up the box score today!"

.290+/20-25/15-20/90-110/80-100 - that's a high end OF2

giphy.gif

• Like 1

On 10/15/2017 at 1:24 PM, b0nfire said:

15 HR, 15 SB, 80 R, 80 RBI with an average around .275 seems like a lock at this point?

On 10/16/2017 at 5:06 AM, BlueJaysIn2030 said:

Honestly could do what Mookie did this year. He was fantastic, and I'd say that's your floor for 2018. 

Sure he could post that line and nobody would be surprised  But it is absolutely NOT his floor. Nobody has a floor with better numbers than they've ever posted in a league, especially in regards to average. 

1) He is just as likely to regress a bit as improve a bit now that pitchers have a full year worth of scouting and video on him

2) If he gets more atbats this year (ie is not platooned as often) that means he faces more lefties than last year. Why would you assume his AVG improves in that scenario?

• Thanks 1

In our last 15 team 5 OF mock I picked Benny Biceps 30th overall wasn't in love with it to be honest - its a bit early but I think you have to be a little aggressive in targeting OFs in leagues that size.  Anyway really love the addition of JD to this lineup it should help all the BOS hitters including Mr. Biceps. Thinking about both of these lineups - man these Bos-NYY games are gonna be 7 and a half hours long this summer gonna be great can't wait. 

1 hour ago, cs3 said:

Sure he could post that line and nobody would be surprised  But it is absolutely NOT his floor. Nobody has a floor with better numbers than they've ever posted in a league, especially in regards to average. 

1) He is just as likely to regress a bit as improve a bit now that pitchers have a full year worth of scouting and video on him

2) If he gets more atbats this year (ie is not platooned as often) that means he faces more lefties than last year. Why would you assume his AVG improves in that scenario?

I think you misunderstood. I think his floor is what he did last year is what I meant (makes sense).

If thats the case I guess I did misunderstand. I thought you were referring to the line that you quoted and bolded.

But even so, my point stands. His 2017 line is still not his floor, especially in regard to batting average for reasons I mentioned.

Edited by cs3

36 minutes ago, cs3 said:

If thats the case I guess I did misunderstand. I thought you were referring to the line that you quoted and bolded.

But even so, my point stands. His 2017 line is still not his floor, especially in regard to batting average for reasons I mentioned.

Right now it's his floor, because we haven't seen anything different. I kinda throw out BA a lot of the time because of my league, but I hear ya... I could see the average dropping a bit, but I still think a 15-20HR 15-20SB campaign seems accurate.