• Announcements

• Patrick Bateman

Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  
b0nfire

Andrew Benintendi 2018 Outlook

Among the leaders in rbi, really interesting season so far.  

2 hours ago, chud12 said:

Among the leaders in rbi, really interesting season so far.  

Another 3 hit day and on pace for another 20/20 season though you wonder if he can do even better considering he only had 1 HR in April. Just goes to show you gotta have patience with these young guys.

• Like 1

top 10 fantasy player last 30 days: 

20 R / 6 HR / 23 RBI / 3 SB /.327 AVG / 1.007 OPS

and #1 overall last 2 weeks above Mookie, Trout, and Altuve

8 R / 5 HR / 16 RBI /  1 SB / .419 AVG / 1.398 OPS

• Like 1

The guy is ranked 8th overall in my league now, pretty wild considering the April he had. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The Red Sox have played exactly 1/3 of their schedule (54 games), which is a nice time for a pace update:

105 Runs, 21 HR, 111 RBI, 24 SB, .292/.378/.521

A few things to keep in mind moving forward, however. Benintendi is smashing righties and really struggling against lefties. Alex Cora does still opt to sit him against tough lefties, and here's why:

vs. RHP: 47-for-149, .315/.398/.570 slash line, 6 HR, 32 RBI, 23 BB vs. 22 Ks.

vs. LHP:  9-for-43, .209/.306/.349 slash line, 1 HR, 5 RBI, 5 BB vs. 14 Ks. 

Additionally, Benintendi is doing the vast majority of his damage at Fenway Park:

Home: 37-for-98, ..378/.439/.704 slash line, 5 HR, 26 RBI, 12 BB vs. 12 Ks. 

Road: 19-for-94, .202/.315/.330 slash line, 2 HR, 11 RBI, 16 BB vs. 24 Ks. 

Now I'm not recommending you start benching Benintendi anytime the Sox are on the road, or anytime they are facing a lefty, because he is still capable of doing damage against anyone. His L/R splits were not as pronounced last year, and last year he actually fared better on the road than at home. I think this year's home/road splits come down to the way the schedule lined up, with the Sox playing a number of road series in a row early in the year when Benintendi was really scuffling, and only have one long road trip since late April (and Andrew actually hit .297 on that trip). 

Edited by mjb03003
  • Like 1

I'm relieved as much as anything he's gotten things going. Really on a tear right now.

Posted (edited)

I traded away Buxton for Beni over a month ago when both were mired in a slow start.  I'm now sitting in first and he's second to last =D

Edited by markygunit
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, markygunit said:

I traded away Buxton for Beni over a month ago when both were mired in a slow start.  I'm now sitting in first and he's second to last =D

CSB wish I was in your league!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, ZChronicNebula said:

CSB wish I was in your league!!!!!!

:D:lol:B)

Honestly didn't think Bux would turn out this terribly though.  Kinda feel bad...

Posted (edited)

I noticed a couple of his homeruns lately have come against left handed pitchers. Is he hitting any better against them?

He’s been an absolute stud lately. 

Any chance he keeps hitting atop the lineup when Mookie comes back? I feel like he has been hitting well out of the leadoff spot. 

Hitting in front of Mookie and JD wouldn’t be a bad thing although it Would probably take away RBI opportunities but would give him a boost in runs. 

Edited by Under500Forever

1 hour ago, Under500Forever said:

I noticed a couple of his homeruns lately have come against left handed pitchers. Is he hitting any better against them?

He’s been an absolute stud lately. 

Any chance he keeps hitting atop the lineup when Mookie comes back? I feel like he has been hitting well out of the leadoff spot. 

Hitting in front of Mookie and JD wouldn’t be a bad thing although it Would probably take away RBI opportunities but would give him a boost in runs. 

I'm interested in Benintendi's effectiveness versus lefties too.  Thinking about putting together a package for Andrew but would be nervous about keeping up so much for a hitter who could be inept in a week he faces three or more LHP's.

• Like 1

Traded him away for AJ Pollock a few weeks into the season. Up until AJ Pollocks injury a few weeks ago i was feeling like a genius. 

Just another reminder of how long the baseball season is and just how quickly things can change.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Magnus88 said:

I'm interested in Benintendi's effectiveness versus lefties too.  Thinking about putting together a package for Andrew but would be nervous about keeping up so much for a hitter who could be inept in a week he faces three or more LHP's.

vs Pitcher

AB
R
H
XBH
2B
3B
HR
RBI
BB
K
SB
CS
SH
SF
GIDP
AVG
OBP
SLG
OPS
vs Left 51 8 12 7 4 0 3 8 5 15 1 0 0 0 1 .235 .316 .490 .806
vs Right 180 37 57 25 12 5 8 36 26 28 9 1 0 4 2 .317 .395 .572 .967

Location/Time/Surface

AB
R
H
XBH
2B
3B
HR
RBI
BB
K
SB
CS
SH
SF
GIDP
AVG
OBP
SLG
OPS
Home 122 26 45 22 11 4 7 30 12 13 3 1 0 3 2 .369 .420 .697 1.117
Away 109 19 24 10 5 1 4 14 19 30 7 0 0 1 1 .220 .333 .394

He hasn't hit enough lefties this year to really know. He can go 3/4 one game and he's "batting .270 against them for the year" at this point.

Really it's about the next Sox road trip (@BAL, @SEA, @MIN) and seeing if he can keep up the hot bat. 

mookie back.  benny back to the 2 spot.  hopefully he can keep up the hot hitting....

THIS DUDE IS SO GOOD.

From here on out, whenever he gets a HR someone needs to sing (ala Elton John style):

B-b-b-b-eennni and the HITS...

And when he gets a SB:

B-b-b-eennniii and the JETS...

• Like 1

Seems he puts up 6-8 points a day lately. Either a couple doubles, or a HR, or a SB, sometimes a little of all of it. To have him and Mookie in that OF isn’t fair. That 3rd guy in the OF isn’t bad either. 

Hes gone one from a solid contributor to a cornerstone piece, when I look at my team. 

3 minutes ago, mehtavg2000 said:

Best player in baseball (after Trout)?

I dont know, probably not enough body of work, but he’s pretty damn good. 

Imagine what his numbers would look like if his slump was half of what it was earlier this year. 

4 hours ago, mehtavg2000 said:

Best player in baseball (after Trout)?

Glad to see we're keeping everything in perspective in the midst of a hot streak!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3