b0nfire

Andrew Benintendi 2018 Outlook

2 home runs in the last 2 months. I know he had a home run streak earlier this season, but consistently tapping into his power and/or developing more power seems like the next step for him.

The SBs anchor him as a fantasy asset, especially in 5x5 leagues. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, absknicks said:

2 home runs in the last 2 months. I know he had a home run streak earlier this season, but consistently tapping into his power and/or developing more power seems like the next step for him.

The SBs anchor him as a fantasy asset, especially in 5x5 leagues. 

He also had a rainout HR, I believe.  I agree, the power is really the only thing preventing him right now from being a near first round pick.

• Like 2

So what are realistic expectations for 2019? I know many expected him to progress to a 25-25 guy this year, but that isn't happening without an epic HR binge. He's not far off his 2017 HR pace (pacing for 19 in the same number of games). I feel like this guy is going to have a power outburst one of these years that will have us all saying, "THERE it is...we knew it was coming." He had 12 HR in 54 games in May-June, so we know the power is there...he just needs to show it for the duration of a season. He just turned 24, so maybe we start seeing it next year...maybe lol. 

44 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

So what are realistic expectations for 2019? I know many expected him to progress to a 25-25 guy this year, but that isn't happening without an epic HR binge. He's not far off his 2017 HR pace (pacing for 19 in the same number of games). I feel like this guy is going to have a power outburst one of these years that will have us all saying, "THERE it is...we knew it was coming." He had 12 HR in 54 games in May-June, so we know the power is there...he just needs to show it for the duration of a season. He just turned 24, so maybe we start seeing it next year...maybe lol. 

yep itll happen at some point haha

next year id say second rounder ADP with the upside being that of a first rounder if the power ever shows up 

1 hour ago, MrMartyBarrett said:

They scored 11 runs in the 7th.  He made all 3 outs (sac bunt, GIDP).

Being an owner I am Not to happy with his production the last two months 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mehtavg2000 said:

Not even sure this guy is a keeper anymore.  Unreal

are u crazy?

hes ranked 23rd in yahoo 5x5

hes also 24 years old and probably hasnt peaked 

• Like 2

Sitting again tonight, it seems like they are sitting him against lefties more and more, you would think they would want him to face more to try to figure it out. Are they going to sit him in the playoffs against lefies?

He was getting benched vs lefties when he was slumping earlier in the season as well ... Benintendi is a solid baserunner/defender/etc. he brings value to the table with skills beyond just his bat, so when he's hitting the ball well, he'll be an everyday player.

Unbelievable to think players like this should be benched in fantasy leagues.

He's for sure been struggling so sitting him against the lefty may make some sense rather than seeing him get more frustrated with his ABs.  Was wondering if they may flip him and Kinsler in the lineup even before tonight.  Unfortunately, if Kinsler continues to hit and Beni doesn't this could be a lineup you see moving forward. 

Red Sox are also probably going to rest the regulars more and more as we reach the end of the season.

3 HRs in his last 286 ABs

He's been sneaky-bad for quite some time.

No power whatsoever, he's stolen 1 base since Aug 1st, 709 OPS since Aug 1st

I'm really pondering benching for playoffs week one for like Jake Cave :unsure:

Edited by Gumbo_Ghost
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Gumbo_Ghost said:

3 HRs in his last 286 ABs

He's been sneaky-bad for quite some time.

No power whatsoever, he's stolen 1 base since Aug 1st, 709 OPS since Aug 1st

I'm really pondering benching for playoffs week one for like Jake Cave :unsure:

It takes guts but it probably is the right move.

• Like 1

Sitting against another lefty tonight are they going to platoon him in the playoffs too? Sitting Betts as well this is a great way to go into the playoffs sittn on the bench and going ice cold

30 minutes ago, azeri98 said:

Sitting against another lefty tonight are they going to platoon him in the playoffs too? Sitting Betts as well this is a great way to go into the playoffs sittn on the bench and going ice cold

Well, Betts apparently felt soreness in his side so it probably isn't a bad thing to give him a night or two off.  Our fantasy teams aside, haha, the last thing the Red Sox want is him to aggravate it further in a nothing game.

2 hours ago, azeri98 said:

He's like 0 for 15 vs. Happ.  Probably a big reason as well