Saltgurkan15

Vent & Rant Thread 2017-2018

O it’s fun owning Dev Book and Ant In one league and going against them in another.  

lost redick, kcp, turner, dj all in a few days and lost ariza and green to suspension

cant even field a starting lineup

Traded Avery Bradley for KCP and watch him immediately get hurt smh

losing blocks this week against a far inferior Opponent (+21 in blk's in our first Meeting) because  Myles Turner is hurt and Kevin ******** Durant somehow became Enes Kanter since returning from his "injury". Embiid isn't helping either with his binery code numbers

:angry:

2 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

I'm mentally fatigued. I think I need to take a long break.

I felt the same way recently, but what would you have to substitute this with? For me, I have nothing. I play basketball and watch NBA games in my free time, playing fantasy makes those things more fun to me. Is it a drag when players like Kawhi get injured? Yes, but that's part of the game. There's always an alternative option on the waiver wire that can keep you in the hunt. Like Josh Richardson :)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

I'm mentally fatigued. I think I need to take a long break.

Pitchers and catchers report in less than a month.  The fantasy season never ends, except for like Septemberm when the only game going is football and that's just not fun.

• Like 1

I took a few years off from fantasy basketball so during that time maybe it's become more normal, but damn are there a ton of injuries this year. I mean I can't start a roster that is active for the full week. Was seemingly just starting to get my team healthy and now DJ is hurt, Chriss could be out for the foreseeable future and Kyrie is out. Obviously with large lineups its inevitable that you have to deal with some injuries, but this is nearly as bad as fantasy football now. I legitimately have not been able to use my drafted team since week 1.

When you have 9 starts tomorrow but it turns into just 4 because everyone is hurt. 

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, chud12 said:

When you have 9 starts tomorrow but it turns into just 4 because everyone is hurt. 

wow that’s insane... sorry man

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Joeklebba said:

I took a few years off from fantasy basketball so during that time maybe it's become more normal, but damn are there a ton of injuries this year. I mean I can't start a roster that is active for the full week. Was seemingly just starting to get my team healthy and now DJ is hurt, Chriss could be out for the foreseeable future and Kyrie is out. Obviously with large lineups its inevitable that you have to deal with some injuries, but this is nearly as bad as fantasy football now. I legitimately have not been able to use my drafted team since week 1.

1 hour ago, chud12 said:

Mentality of the league unfortunately... teams (competitive or not) rather resting their assets for the long haul seems to be an upward trend, especially this season and onward. Gotta just fire up those notifications to plan ahead, as sh*tty as it is.

Edited by Tr3yball

I feel compelled to grave dig this thread to vent about leagues where the commissioner has sole veto power. This setting needs to die away. Isn’t it sketchy enough that someone in your league, who is playing for the same pot of money as you, has power over what moves you make in the season?

This is such a petty form of abuse of power. The commissioner in my main league is veto happy, and it wouldn’t strike such a cord with me if we weren’t playing for money with owners who relish the opportunity to talk trash. End of rant.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, mcflywalker said:

I feel compelled to grave dig this thread to vent about leagues where the commissioner has sole veto power. This setting needs to die away. Isn’t it sketchy enough that someone in your league, who is playing for the same pot of money as you, has power over what moves you make in the season?

This is such a petty form of abuse of power. The commissioner in my main league is veto happy, and it wouldn’t strike such a cord with me if we weren’t playing for money with owners who relish the opportunity to talk trash. End of rant.

So you rather have it were the other members of the league decide for you. The reason I ask is because I'm in a league that all trades get vetoed because people are just hating and decide to veto for the hell of it. You at least know the source where the veto comes from.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Trade Monster said:

So you rather have it were the other members of the league decide for you. The reason I ask is because I'm in a league that all trades get vetoed because people are just hating and decide to veto for the hell of it. You at least know the source where the veto comes from.

We also had this problem last season.  Tons of legit trades got vetoes  all cuz other managers were salty.

We've gone commish only veto this season and we have yet to have a single trade vetoed.  He hasn't had to use it, even in blockbuster trades he missed out on and despite his team not doing so well.  Any concerns from other managers about trades gets PM'd to him and is taken into consideration. 

Our stance as a whole in our league is let the managers live with their decisions.  We've all been doing this for a number of years so we trust all the managers in the league are knowledgeable enough about player valuations.

My point is, I don't think it's the commish only veto system that's flawed in mcflywalker's case but the guy running things.  I'm sorry you got stuck with a commish like that.  I hope you can find a better league that will treat other members with respect.

Edited by gill2k
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Trade Monster said:

I’ve done both ways, but at least when it’s league members vetoing, you can open up a conversation about why this is happening and try to fix stuff. One person doing the vetoing can be just as bad, especially if that one person is acting in the same manner as you just stated.

This commissioner is in the playoffs and purposefully vetoing my trades. At least in league wide vetoing, the number of votes can be adjusted, and even you have a voice in your opponents moves, but this just seems wrong.

3 minutes ago, mcflywalker said:

I’ve done both ways, but at least when it’s league members vetoing, you can open up a conversation about why this is happening and try to fix stuff. One person doing the vetoing can be just as bad, especially if that one person is acting in the same manner as you just stated.

This commissioner is in the playoffs and purposefully vetoing my trades. At least in league wide vetoing, the number of votes can be adjusted, and even you have a voice in your opponents moves, but this just seems wrong.

Can't you call him out in a group chat / forum to explain himself to you and to the rest of the league?

Edited by gill2k

3 minutes ago, gill2k said:

We also had this problem last season.  Tons of legit trades got vetoes  all cuz other managers were salty.

We've gone commish only veto this season and we have yet to have a single trade vetoed.  He hasn't had to use it, even in blockbuster trades he missed out on and despite his team not doing so well.  Any concerns from other managers about trades gets PM'd to him and is taken into consideration. 

Our stance as a whole in our league is let the managers live with their decisions.  We've all been doing this for a number of years so we trust all the managers in the league are knowledgeable enough about player valuations.

My point is, I don't think it's the commish only veto system that's flawed in mcflywalker's case but the guy running things.  I'm sorry you got stuck with a commish like that.  I hope you can find a better league that will treat other members with respect.

Thanks for your well wishes. It’s just frustrating when you’re playing for money in an obviously corrupt league.

I wholly wish my league was running in a manner like yours, but as you said, it only works if the commissioner is running things correctly and letting owners make trades as they wish.

Just now, gill2k said:

Can't you call him out in a group chat / forum to explain himself to you and to the rest of the league?

I’ve done so, but at this juncture, the others in the playoffs don’t mind since it keeps my team at bay, while the others who are out of the playoffs seem like they have little drive to offer input. Only a few people have voiced their parallel thinking.

I’ve even gone as far as searching yahoo user threads and help forums to see if there are any workarounds, but alas, all I can do is post on a vent forum and hope my players can bring me to the end. Needless to say, I won’t be rejoining this league next season.

• Haha 1

it's been very frustrating having people call you a cheater when you're winning trades and also the commish fairly using commissioner rule. 2 trades were 'accidentally' accepted and proposed; I vetoed both. GMs threw a fit over me using the full 2 day trade review period and being silent. League votes and comissioner vote can both be abused. Commish rule with a challenge system seems ideal.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, mcflywalker said:

I’ve done so, but at this juncture, the others in the playoffs don’t mind since it keeps my team at bay, while the others who are out of the playoffs seem like they have little drive to offer input. Only a few people have voiced their parallel thinking.

I’ve even gone as far as searching yahoo user threads and help forums to see if there are any workarounds, but alas, all I can do is post on a vent forum and hope my players can bring me to the end. Needless to say, I won’t be rejoining this league next season.

5 hours ago, patentboy23 said:

it's been very frustrating having people call you a cheater when you're winning trades and also the commish fairly using commissioner rule. 2 trades were 'accidentally' accepted and proposed; I vetoed both. GMs threw a fit over me using the full 2 day trade review period and being silent. League votes and comissioner vote can both be abused. Commish rule with a challenge system seems ideal.

I'm sorry, but... :lol: at leagues with trade vetoes with a "commish". No one should feel the need to babysit. I assume most people who watch and play fantasy basketball are grown. You know exactly what you're doing when wheeling & dealing. 

It's the owners fault themselves if they get ripped off ( it happened to me when I first started ). That's how the real world works. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mcflywalker said:

Yeah, that is not cool. That's is some bs s---. At the very least, when a trade is put out there, he should ask if there is a problem with the trade with rest of the league. Seems like this guy is playing scared.

I was so weak in a few areas on my Roto team. My Aaron Gordon + T.J. Warren for Marc Gasol at the beginning of the year would definitely been vetoed if I was in those circumstances. Especially the hype Aaron Gordon was getting. Even though in actuality Marc Gasol is a vast superior player than those two for someone who watch the games. Plus he does alot more on the stat sheet. No way I would've been in 1st place right now either.

Even if it's beneficial for your situation, it can be shut down. It's just toxic all around to be in those types of leagues. 

Having one of those experiences where a bunch of mostly-reliable players miss a couple of games...in the same week.

DeAndre Jordan, Giannis, Dunn, and Draymond each missing one or a few games. Millsap in IR.

And then Dinwiddie and Ish give me a 4 for 25 (.160) shooting night.

Going to barely lose my 9-cat matchup. If healthy, I’d probably win 5-6 cats overwhelmingly.

But I can’t even be mad, lol. None of my players are injury-prone. And all these knick-knack missed games just happen to occur in the same week. What can ya do?

I stopped trying to win mid-week and stopped streaming. Going to use my waiver adds for the future (future matchups, stashes for trade deadline, etc).

Edited by hoop