Saltgurkan15

Vent & Rant Thread 2017-2018

At points this week, I have tried to stream Andrew Harrison, Tyler Johnson, and JaMychal Green. I was hoping they would put me over the top, playing as the 3rd seed against the 2nd. All three wound up missing games with injuries, and now I'm looking at Fred VanVleet for a Hail Mary.

Aldridge and Marc Gasol missing games, opponent gets to make a comeback and destroy me now (H2H)

These pussies m.gasol ingram harrison and melo decided to eliminate my 4 man advantage and now we are 6v6 guys, and now i have to drop someone for tomorrow since i only have 3 playing vs 5 guys. This a 14 team so you had to be careful who to drop because quality is rare on the wire

Just lost my H2H by 2 TOs. Thaddeus Young had 3 TOs.

I would've won if I had benched Young. I actually benched my TO-prone players the past couple days, like Giannis, Drummond, etc. I left Young in because he only averaged 1.3 TOs, and I need other stats from him.

That's all! I'm still headed to the playoffs, but I got bumped from 2nd to 3rd seed...

nice seeing my players blowing up on my bench. kinda sucks when you started and benched the wrong players

how many injuries have you guys had in the last few weeks?

Anthony Davis

Danilo Gallinari

Otto Porter

Aaron Gordon

Clint Capela

Kyrie Irving

Kevin Love

lost nwaba due to nba steppin in

Lou Williams losing me FTs this week...can’t believe this is real life....

2 hours ago, Tr3yball said:

Trash a** fantasy year

Is crazy ain't it. Been playing for a long time, since the beginning of the millennium, never seen anything quite like this season! Teams out there trying to out tank each other is really the issue. Really sucks for fantasy cuz we don't who playing from game to game. Just gotta go with your studs. That hot pick up may get a phantom injury and misses  1-3 games.

The irony is that this is the year the league made some official steps to promote fantasy.  They can't really control all the season ending injuries to either superstars, stars, or just starters (Hayward, Lin, Beverly, Cousins, Porzingis, and I feel like I'm missing others), but the resting s--- is so random it makes it like fantasy football. 

Fantasy football is the ******** worst,  imo.  

32 minutes ago, Auction>Snake said:

Tanking has to be addressed in the off-season 

The NBA has already made an attempt to address it but it only kicks in next year. Big change to the lottery odds to discourage tanking, instead of a 25% chance for the bottom team it's closer to 14% chance for the bottom 10 if I'm not mistaken

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/913480042352693250/photo/1

Edited by chaiway
  • Like 1

LOL! This is the worst week I had since week 1 and 2 when I was shaping out my rosters. So many freekin injuries and DNP's now. I'm crawling through this week, all 4 of my rosters getting dragged! Sooo glad I got byes coming up for the playoffs. Still gotta' be proactive though. That's the good thing about having a bye the first week. Now DSJ and Whiteside out tonight! smh and I'm behind. Chalking this week up as a loss. 

Edited by Forever Smooth
correction

I bought the hype from the Hezonja forum instead of Jonathan Simmons and James Johnson for a streamer today. Will most likely cost me my playoff matchup. 

im gonna pre-rant because Harden is resting tomorrow, which means cp3 would probably sit Monday, WHICH IS THE START OF MY PLAYOFF MATCHUP. First day and already down on assists and steals with no other point guard available that is half decent in 14 team leagues. Sure nothing has been announced but sitting Harden was a clear signal after their streak ended, if it not ended it would have been good for all of us Rockets players owners

******** Hassan Whiteside. Was playing pretty well, big last game, looking good heading into fantasy playoffs week 1. Then out of nowhere, after a 28 pt game, he has hip soreness and is OUT for first game of playoffs, and it was only a 3 game week to begin with.

Of course this matchup will be heavily tied to big man cats to determine who will win, and now I lose my best big...at least WCS came back just in time and has 4 games this week, will need a monster week from him now.

Reggie Bullock was in a car crash on the weekend, probable for tomorrow but if he somehow misses that game I will lose my mind because how ******** unlikely is that, that he would get injured from a car crash

On 3/10/2018 at 2:38 PM, Tom Chambers said:

The irony is that this is the year the league made some official steps to promote fantasy.  They can't really control all the season ending injuries to either superstars, stars, or just starters (Hayward, Lin, Beverly, Cousins, Porzingis, and I feel like I'm missing others), but the resting s--- is so random it makes it like fantasy football. 

The reason why I stopped playing fantasy football was because of the high injury risk and top players tend to disappear often. This season makes me want to go back to fantasy football ( never again ).

I might have to just stick with fantasy baseball. At least baseball is a peaceful sport and it's alot less bull****. 

Edited by Trench Mob

20 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

The reason why I stopped playing fantasy football was because of the high injury risk and top players tend to disappear often. This season makes me want to go back to fantasy football ( never again ).

I might have to just stick with fantasy baseball. At least baseball is a peaceful sport and it's alot less bull****. 

Baseball drives me nuts too because it isn't well suited to h2h because of the volatility on a week to week basis. Even sometimes the top guys struggle for a month at a time or more. 

Basketball is still the best imo but this season has been particularly tough to handle. 

36 minutes ago, richg24 said:

Baseball drives me nuts too because it isn't well suited to h2h because of the volatility on a week to week basis. Even sometimes the top guys struggle for a month at a time or more. 

Basketball is still the best imo but this season has been particularly tough to handle. 

I played H2H baseball last year. I got smoked lol.

How's Baseball Rotisserie? Is it challenging?

3 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

I played H2H baseball last year. I got smoked lol.

How's Baseball Rotisserie? Is it challenging?

Ya roto is much better for baseball, takes a lot of skill and planning. Most challenging type of fantasy. Almost need to do auction though because with bad draft positioning you can lose your shot at a top 10 hitter and pitcher if you get screwed by the snake hierarchy. Baseball takes too much knowledge in competitive leagues though, so I don't play $ baseball leagues. These guys are nuts man they know like all the percentages if the pitcher or batter is lefty or righty, which ballpark certain players hit well in, etc. 

*sigh* i already knew who i wanted to face for the PO and could have tanked my way to get it but if i did it wrong or the other teams get a different ending, i could have been out or faced the top seed. Now that team is getting clobbered by the 7th seed because he suddenly has injured players, which was why i wanted him, and i'm facing a tough 3rd seed and it's looking like a i can only win 4 cats max...

Facing a first week of someone who has AD with a no Boogie buff and KD with a no Steph buff. I’m the first seed and he scraped into the playoffs by getting AD in a trade right before the deadline so now I’m facing the toughest possible matchup in the first round. Whoever I face in the final is going to be weaker than this guy so I’m essentially playing my final in the semifinal, I guess fantasy mirrors real life (looks at Warriors/Rockets). 

On 3/10/2018 at 1:38 PM, Tom Chambers said:

I'm in the playoffs and trying to do battle with no Wall, no Butler, and no Aaron. Effing brutal. 

And I disagree. Football is actually better. In basketball this year Ive had ONE week out of 21 where my entire starting lineup honored their schedule. ONE. Plus one other thing I hate about basketball, is the unbalanced schedule. How many times have you had the better team, but your opponent had like 3-4 more games than you?!  I hate that. Atleast in football it's always an even 9 games vs 9 games 

It's funny how timing works. Last week I crushed the 2nd place team 7-2, had a phat stat line of like 720 points 70 3s with big rebs steals and blocks too. 

This week start by losing Whiteside right away, then bullock missing last night's game, and the worst performance of season from oladipo last Night, duds from nance, Noel, lavine, and pg leaving game early with a dud.

now I'm in a 8-1 hole against the Anthony Davis team. Have an outside shot to take both percentages, 3s and steals to get a miracle comeback but that's about it.