Saltgurkan15

Vent & Rant Thread 2017-2018

First round of playoffs.

Opponent (who's had a relatively injury free season and isn't really active on the waiver wire) only has Aldridge and Lowry missing 1 game so far this week.

Meanwhile I've lost Boogie, barely made it to playoffs, and now I have to deal with AG and Lauri missing the entire week and Gary Harris probably missing tomorrow. Not to mention Lillard possibly missing Sunday for the birth of his daughter as well.

Had to painfully drop Lauri for Evan Turner for a Sat/Sun streamer along with my existing streamer spot, and I know if I do make it to the next round my opponent's gonna pick him up and play him against me. Just hope I can pull off a miracle. I'm leading by 30 fantasy points but I'm down by 2 games for the rest of the week.

It's so frustrating working your way to the playoffs and building your team up only to see everything go down the drain due to injuries.

The funny thing is I would've avoided this nightmare matchup and actually would've kept Lauri if I tanked the last round of the regular season for an easier matchup with someone who's lost Curry and Klay and is still holding on to them....

Edited by Espoiral

Dynasty league. Last year it was KD and Lowry out in the fantasy playoffs.

This year KD, Nance, Gary Harris and Lowry (rest).

The injury bug has hit so many guys this year - DMC, Butler, Kawhii, Love, Wall, Curry, Porzingis...the list goes on...

Isn't rotoworld associated with Yahoo now? They've been mentioning for weeks all the run Giannis is getting at the 5, but he still doesn't have Center eligibility. What gives?

12 minutes ago, Judicious said:

Isn't rotoworld associated with Yahoo now? They've been mentioning for weeks all the run Giannis is getting at the 5, but he still doesn't have Center eligibility. What gives?

Yahoo's blurbs come straight from rotoworld.  Not a figure of speech or anything, Yahoo is transparent in saying their blurbs are supplied by rotoworld.  How you feel about that is up to you, but from Yahoo's point of view, paying some company/website to supply its blurbs doesn't seem like a bad option.

Worked hard all year only to see a bunch of needed players to go GTD and OUT the last second.

Same old story since the last time I played before this season, around 10 years ago.

Lots of work for nothing. Life of a fantasy NBA team owner. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Judicious said:

They have a business relationship, but they're not run by the same people or owned by the same parent corporation. In response to inquiries earlier this season about Tyreke Evans receiving PG eligibility, Yahoo explained that they contract with another organization which determines eligibilities. It doesn't matter what Rotoworld says; Yahoo will only change it when that other company tells them to.

Quarterfinals horror story: I'm a 1st seed losing to the 8th seed 4 to 5 with the deciding category as my strongest suit all season long.

I'm an 81% FT team and now I'm losing 69% to his 72% this week

I've "lost" KD and Gary Harris while Draymond and Harrison Barnes were both rested for a game this week hence the drop in FT% and BLKs smh

• Like 1

Two Yahoo Pro Leagues ...

Team 1 is the #1 seed by 12,5 games over #2 despite losing DeMarcus Cousins and now It looks like I lost Klay Thompson and Gary Harris with the semi-finals starting tomorrow.

Team 2 is the #2 seed and I just lost Kevin Durant and possibly Hasan Whiteside ...

Talk about frustrating bad luck ... damn!!!

Good to see that trading away Prince+picks for Mirotic one month ago in order to make a run for the title is going so well....

Injuries/missed games this week:

- KD (only got one game from this snake and it was meh)

- Whiteside (out)

- nance (got 1/3rd of a game then out)

- bullock missed 1 game

- Lavine missed 1 game

- noel missed 1 game

Down 7-2. We both have 5 guys playing today. I am very close in fg ft and 3s so maybe can get a miracle win but even if I do no chance next week really against a fully healthy team with Giannis LeBron and cp3

Forced to drop a lot of good players as there is no time for BS during PO.

I'd rather stream players than hold on to an injured or DTD player that might give me zero for the entire week.

So far dropped G.Harris.

Other DTD players I have dropped include Warren, Dunn, Lavine and Nance.

Can't be praying they're playing everytime before the game!

21 minutes ago, blob2004 said:

Forced to drop a lot of good players as there is no time for BS during PO.

I'd rather stream players than hold on to an injured or DTD player that might give me zero for the entire week.

So far dropped G.Harris.

Other DTD players I have dropped include Warren, Dunn, Lavine and Nance.

Can't be praying they're playing everytime before the game!

I absolutely concur with your approach especially in leagues with no IR/IL spot(s). I’m giving Nance tomorrow and then I’m cutting bait if he doesn’t play.

Edited by Taipan

Holding on to FOUR INJURED PLAYERS with only 2 IL spots. 

Curry

Whiteside

Butler

Wall

First round of playoffs will be next week and I have a weaker matchup than others, but with this injuries I'm not sure if I can make it through!! This should've been a cake walk going to the championship, but i will have to decide soon if I'm gonna drop some of these players just to get by

The team on my sig with boogie lost in the 1st round. Im sure if i had him vs AD i wouldn't lose because Boogie is gonna be as good and AD wont blow up. I wont trade my 1st pick anymore even if it meant getting 2 players in the top ten. Oh btw, last time i got eliminated in the first round in this league was 3 years ago when i picked melo in the first round, the season where he had many injuries. Guess what i have melo again from the trade that got me boogie and cp3.

Melo is cancer both in fantasy and irl.

• Thanks 1

Top seed for the entire season by a wide margine. First round of playoffs start tomorrow and I'm down: porzingis, Harris, Gordon, Dunn, Lavine.

Just got bounced in a forum league on a tiebreaker.  That sucks, but what sucks even more is the tiebreaker that made me the lower seed to begin with, as we had the same record,  too.

4 hours ago, Tom Chambers said:

Just got bounced in a forum league on a tiebreaker.  That sucks, but what sucks even more is the tiebreaker that made me the lower seed to begin with, as we had the same record,  too.

just got bounced on a tie breaker too. all i had to do was bench lillard and win TO's. Man oh man I'm frustrated., 

My 3 week playoffs start today. 

Do you drop Durant. My IR has Kevin Love in it. 

I feel like Durant isnt even hurt and when i drop him, he will be picked up right away. He could be back for the last week of the season which is my finals week. 

Any suggestions...

4 hours ago, CaliBlazer said:

My 3 week playoffs start today. 

Do you drop Durant. My IR has Kevin Love in it. 

I feel like Durant isnt even hurt and when i drop him, he will be picked up right away. He could be back for the last week of the season which is my finals week. 

Any suggestions...

http://forums.rotoworld.com/forum/20-assistant-coach-help-forum/

Lost 3-6 first round of playoffs. 

Lost 3PM by 1.

Lost fg% by .02

Lost ft% by .1

Feels bad man, knowing that if Durant played even one more game I would have won those 3 cats and won the week.

I would have been too crippled to win the semis anyways with Kd, Whiteside, lavine, nance, etc all out.

Good luck to everyone else 

• Like 2

In the final against the team with the best season record (1st v 6th).

Woke up this morning to see Love was questionable for today's game, log into ESPN and see my opponent added him 15 minutes earlier.

AD-Booker-Love-Teague in a 20 team league. Goodnight sweet prince. 

Wasted an add on Trey Lyles who I was sure would get good minutes with Harris out. So far, not a single minute. 

Going up against the team I crushed two weeks ago 8-1 and will probably lose to him as my team is totally decimated with Curry, Durant, Harris, Batum and Nance out.

Edited by Taipan