Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Saltgurkan15

Vent & Rant Thread 2017-2018

18 minutes ago, fantasick said:

How does yahoo settle a tie? 4-4 tied on 3PT... this is probably an even more horrible way to go down than 0-9!

Depends on settings. Could be h2h score from regular season against that team

13 minutes ago, ak427 said:

Might be time to move up the fantasy playoffs in my league. CP3, Jimmy, Gary Harris, John Collins was too much to overcome this week. Proud of my guys though

I'm about to give up fantasy bball. I lost Batum, Schroder, Giannis for a game, John Collins, gary Harris during playoffs. The unannounced resting pissed me off the most

This would have been an awesome 12-teamer if healthy/active and playing up to par.

Clint Capela / Steven Adams

Kevin Love / Paul Millsap / Taj Gibson

Otto Porter / Tyreke Evans

Jimmy Butler / Donovan Mitchell / Zach Lavine

Chris Paul / Isaiah Thomas / Elfrid Payton

but nope..got beat out by scrubs

just calling ahead to reserve a spot in case a blk stat correction happens

tied 4-4  39 blks i win tie breaker

lost curry, whitside, kawhi, and random dnp for noel

45 minutes ago, VelvetMerkin said:

Depends on settings. Could be h2h score from regular season against that team

Thanks! Saw the settings and i can say i have all the criteria. Better record, more matchup wins, opponent swept. So if i do not advance, then that's... just sad.

But there is also the stat correction part though.

Lebron has been god damn crazy, most underrated pick so far tbh.

I vsed him in three of my four teams in semi-finals...

Was so hard to beat that FG anchor.

Lost a close one by two steals and 5 boards...

This season only two out of my seven money leagues are advancing to finals. Sad life.

Qualified as a .500 team in our 10+ year ultra competitive league and now I am in the finals.

I lost hayward (3rd pick) and Wall (1st pick) and I somehow managed to make it.

So, we have worked so hard all season from October to March, then come playoffs and players like Valentine, Rozier, Q. Cook blow up. 

I question whether fantasy NBA is really worth the time and effort. If you're someone like me who goes through the entire season caring about my fantasy team everyday- meaning I check scores constantly, I stay updated on who is hurt, add/drop consistently- then honestly I feel like fantasy NBA is a complete waste of time and  causes a great deal of burn out for nothing. 

Hate complaining but I think this is what this thread is for. 

5 minutes ago, NBA_OG said:

So, we have worked so hard all season from October to March, then come playoffs and players like Valentine, Rozier, Q. Cook blow up. 

I question whether fantasy NBA is really worth the time and effort. If you're someone like me who goes through the entire season caring about my fantasy team everyday- meaning I check scores constantly, I stay updated on who is hurt, add/drop consistently- then honestly I feel like fantasy NBA is a complete waste of time and  causes a great deal of burn out for nothing. 

my dude its not that serious unless you are playing for megabucks, seems like you are way too invested and need some other hobbies to take your mind off fantasy

6 minutes ago, NBA_OG said:

Maybe play ROTO instead. Or be more willing to pull the trigger on speculative adds.

2 hours ago, NBA_OG said:

I feel the same man, and I actually just won my league today. Such a big investment of time (and let's be real, emotion). I'm sure I'll get the spark back after a lengthy offseason, and hopefully you do to!

3 hours ago, NBA_OG said:

Seriously try roto better. At least you won't lose your season because Rozier became the new Paul George and this kind of stuff. In H2H all that matters is the last 3 weeks and some random rests or players go off make all your previous time and emotional investment mean nothing. At least roto is more fair in that regard yet less exciting.

so i just missed the finals in my league that includes double doubles by ONE double double................

i had alex len, jeremy lamb, lonzo ball, ricky rubio, and blake griffin all miss a double double by one stat:

blake, len, lamb were short a double double by a rebound!!!!!!!!

blake, lonzo, rubio were short a double double by an assist!!!!!!!!

six opportunities for that double double that fell shy by either one rebound or one assist

even more annoying, my opponent got some real lucky double doubles.........

he had giannis, augustin, capella:

giannis (who wasnt supposed to play) and capella both got a double double by one rebound!!!!!!!

augustin got his only double double of the season by one assist!!!!!!!!

i've been playing fantasy basketball since 2006 and never finished lower than 2nd......

what a way to end the streak smh

INSANITY

5 hours ago, NBA_OG said:

People complaining about the insane amount of injuries this year have a point. So do the people talking about the ever increasing amount of random rests. 

I know it's the vent thread, but otherwise unrostered players getting hot in March and leading teams to victory happens every year and is one of the more predictable parts of fantasy.  Just gotta be quick to identify them. 

obviously, its a vent and rant thread. but cmon, at the end of the day just hope that injuries goes in your favor. if not, you lose some, you win some. at the end of the day, fantasy definitely involves a lot of luck but it also takes skills. 

Fantasy had a certain percentage of luck in it, it's not always the best managers win.

The best managers will generally finish at a high seed every year, but it's impossible to win yearly in a competitive league.

Things that depend heaps on luck is basically injuries and stat fluctuations (e.g. Augustine, Bledsoe and Holiday combined to shoot 21/36 (58%) on FT this week to tank me on that cat I've never lost against a Drummond team).

I still enjoyed it though, and would prefer it against roto just because of the thrills.

I think this offseason would be a good break for all of us sick of the injuries, but by the time the new season starts we will all be back at it.

8 minutes ago, blob2004 said:

Fantasy had a certain percentage of luck in it, it's not always the best managers win.

The best managers will generally finish at a high seed every year, but it's impossible to win yearly in a competitive league.

Things that depend heaps on luck is basically injuries and stat fluctuations (e.g. Augustine, Bledsoe and Holiday combined to shoot 21/36 (58%) on FT this week to tank me on that cat I've never lost against a Drummond team).

I still enjoyed it though, and would prefer it against roto just because of the thrills.

I think this offseason would be a good break for all of us sick of the injuries, but by the time the new season starts we will all be back at it.

agree. just like in reality, luck has to be involve as well. i mean, big chance steph will be without curry for the first round, and he might not be 100% for the whole playoffs. but, good managers finds a way to win just like good/great teams in reality. just have to be active and fast with decisions with regards to players who would have breakout weeks especially during the playoffs. (satoransky, rozier, etc...)

I lost the semis by 10 points, 2 stls and 4 blks. Added Delon Wright instead of Harkless or Burke which would have given me 4-4 and the win since I had the better record.

i agree, being the best managers should give you the highest chance of winning but with luck involved it may not turn out that way. i say 70-80% skill, 20% luck. skills to take the curve balls and mamke best of it. (research injuries and rest and find a quality streamer replacement)

Championship week, and I can already see bad vibes from all my players somehow (while opponents are ALL going off) Can't be good to notice this so early on a Monday!

People here talking about luck by their opponent... I'm facing trey burke in the finals. Of all things.....

and you stream devin harris for a b2b... Flop!!!

Did Malone really pull his starters down 16 with like 5 minutes left? Arent they trying to make the playoffs?