• Announcements

• Patrick Bateman

Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  
Dugout Legend

2018 Fantasy Baseball Platform Central -- ESPN/Yahoo /CBS/Fantrax, etc..

44 minutes ago, azeri98 said:

But you can do a mock draft, somebody on my facebook group did one and posted theresults

.yes you can do one

did you noticed all those mocks have ZERO people participating 

i did a mock the first day that was posted.... something is not right in those rooms. 

5 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

.yes you can do one

did you noticed all those mocks have ZERO people participating 

i did a mock the first day that was posted.... something is not right in those rooms. 

original.gif

Edited by RotoGenius
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

And Yahoo comes up just to go down again ... haha.  Official notice on all Yahoo team League pages:

We'll be performing scheduled maintenance on both Tuesday 2/20 and Wednesday 2/21 starting around 10AM PST. Roster edits, trades, and some other functionality will be temporarily unavailable.

You'd think just once they would get their act together so that when they opened, things are working like they should be.  But nope, here we go again.

(I will however forgive them if they do add even more prospects to the pool though).

• Like 2

MORAL DILEMMA!!!!

So, I have joined a couple of Yahoo "Pro Leagues".....the drafts don't start for a couple of weeks, so I decided to kill the time by doing a little research about the other managers in my league.....(in addition to figuring out who is a strong player and who is 'dead money', it's also fun to identify which managers I might have competed against in the past).

Here's my dilemma, in one league I have identified two managers that are clearly close friends or family.......and they have been competing together in the same Yahoo Pro leagues since 2012......they have been in 2 to 4 Pro Leagues together very year since 2012

I really hate to be "that guy",,,,,aka 'a narc;..... but he question is: do I rat them out to yahoo?   Or do I turn a  blind eye?

Of course, I am sure y'all want to know the evidence before you answer.......here is what I found   (for simplicity, I am going to call them 'team abbot' and 'team costello')

Since 2012, Team Abbot has been in 18 Yahoo Pro Leagues.....while Team Costello has been in 22 Yahoo Pro Leagues........15 times they were in the same league,....every year they have been in at least 2 Pro Leagues together, and in as many as 4 Pro Leagues together.........and, of course, they are in at least 1 Yahoo Pro league together again this year (because I am in that league with them).

In addition, they appear to have played in the same private league together (both have hidden the details of this league......but both have been in exactly 1 private league since 2012..........and for both of them that league was in 2015 and both leagues had the same number of teams.......coincidentally, 2015 was the year Yahoo didn't start Pro Leagues until mid-season.....and the "private league" was the on;y Yahoo league that either Abbot or Costello joined that season.

For what it's worth, one of these guys (Abbot) is a high-level player (top-3 in 17 of 22 total leagues)......the other (Costello) is an average player at best (top-3 is 6 of 18 total leagues).        And there is zero evidence that they collude together when they are in the same public league together.

But, of course, it is illegal for friends or family to compete together in the same public pro league together (even unintentionally).....and it is clear that Abbot & Costello are purposely joining the same leagues together year in and year out.....so, even if they aren't colluding, the opportunity and the temptation is definitely there.

I really do hate to be "that guy"..........I would really like to be able to just "let it go" and on;y report it if and when I actually see something that might represent collusion.............but do I have a duty to report these guys right now no matter what?

Seriously curious to see what other fans of fantasy baseball think.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, misterf said:

MORAL DILEMMA!!!!

So, I have joined a couple of Yahoo "Pro Leagues".....the drafts don't start for a couple of weeks, so I decided to kill the time by doing a little research about the other managers in my league.....(in addition to figuring out who is a strong player and who is 'dead money', it's also fun to identify which managers I might have competed against in the past).

Here's my dilemma, in one league I have identified two managers that are clearly close friends or family.......and they have been competing together in the same Yahoo Pro leagues since 2012......they have been in 2 to 4 Pro Leagues together very year since 2012

I really hate to be "that guy",,,,,aka 'a narc;..... but he question is: do I rat them out to yahoo?   Or do I turn a  blind eye?

Of course, I am sure y'all want to know the evidence before you answer.......here is what I found   (for simplicity, I am going to call them 'team abbot' and 'team costello')

Since 2012, Team Abbot has been in 18 Yahoo Pro Leagues.....while Team Costello has been in 22 Yahoo Pro Leagues........15 times they were in the same league,....every year they have been in at least 2 Pro Leagues together, and in as many as 4 Pro Leagues together.........and, of course, they are in at least 1 Yahoo Pro league together again this year (because I am in that league with them).

In addition, they appear to have played in the same private league together (both have hidden the details of this league......but both have been in exactly 1 private league since 2012..........and for both of them that league was in 2015 and both leagues had the same number of teams.......coincidentally, 2015 was the year Yahoo didn't start Pro Leagues until mid-season.....and the "private league" was the on;y Yahoo league that either Abbot or Costello joined that season.

For what it's worth, one of these guys (Abbot) is a high-level player (top-3 in 17 of 22 total leagues)......the other (Costello) is an average player at best (top-3 is 6 of 18 total leagues).        And there is zero evidence that they collude together when they are in the same public league together.

But, of course, it is illegal for friends or family to compete together in the same public pro league together (even unintentionally).....and it is clear that Abbot & Costello are purposely joining the same leagues together year in and year out.....so, even if they aren't colluding, the opportunity and the temptation is definitely there.

I really do hate to be "that guy"..........I would really like to be able to just "let it go" and on;y report it if and when I actually see something that might represent collusion.............but do I have a duty to report these guys right now no matter what?

I would just find another league...

Be that guy. I had a Yahoo pro league go south because of this. After the fifth vetoed cheating trade Yahoo seemingly gave up and they ruined the league

• Like 1

3 hours ago, misterf said:

MORAL DILEMMA!!!!

I don't see what the problem is unless there's collusion. If I were joining a random league I'd probably check to see if any of my friends that play fantasy were interested in playing too. If there's a shady trade, then you narc them out.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, fletch44 said:

I don't see what the problem is unless there's collusion. If I were joining a random league I'd probably check to see if any of my friends that play fantasy were interested in playing too. If there's a shady trade, then you narc them out.

Yeah lots of people like to play against each other in leagues.  Guy at work that got me interested in fantasy baseball and me played in casual public leagues the first few years together.  We'd sign up for the same day and time and if we ended up in the same league, great.  If not then we would cancel out and try again until we were in the same league together. We never colluded or cheated but tried hard to beat the pants off of each other. it was fun to play against him.  We'd have fun at work bragging and razzing each other too.  People do that all the time.

And of course later we played in private leagues together and do so until the current day in two.  And others in those leagues know some of the people in real life too.  No one in those leagues has ever cheated but rather we all tend to play harder against the people we know.  

And private leagues ALWAYS have their details hidden.  That is the Yahoo default.  The commish has to choose to make the league results public and I've never played n a league where they chose to do it because why should they.

I see nothing shady about these guys at all.  Just what almost everyone does when the play fantasy baseball.  Look to play with a friend or two.

I never heard it was illegal to play against friends in a pro league but then I never played in a Yahoo pro league.  But personally I'd have no problem with playing against two friends in one unless it is some high stakes thousand dollar league or something.  If I was in your situation I'd either stay and wait for something shady to go down or simply cancel out of that league which, if it works like most Yahoo leagues, you can do any time before the draft.  But to accuse people of cheating before they did anything wrong is pretty low I think.

If they only play in one or two leagues together each year then they don't seem like some scam artists trying to make lots of money.  They seem like casual fans who like to play against each other in a couple of leagues a year is all.  At least that is what I see.

But since you are really upset about it just quit the league and sign up with another.  What is the big deal.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

Does anyone know off the top of their head the maximum amount of categories the platforms will let you do?

I remember back in the day I was in a 10x10 league...

Damn you Yahoo... You pull me in, get me addicted, then take it away from me for the next few days :|. Grr

4 minutes ago, TekilaAF said:

ESPN.  Please.  Launch.  2018 Season!

Each.  Word. Is. Important. So. You. Must. Be. Captain. Kirk.  Nice. To. Meet. You. Finally.  And. Good. Luck. With. ESPN. This. Year.  Picard.  Out.  Heh.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Does anyone know off the top of their head the maximum amount of categories the platforms will let you do?

I remember back in the day I was in a 10x10 league...

Just a guess

The max on ESPN for categories is over 40

1 hour ago, The 7th Beatles said:

ESPN league owners today

giphy.gif

Seriously!  Way to keep us waiting

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TekilaAF said:

OK their support told me 4PM EST today.  Hopefully this happens!

Boy, they are not going to be 1 minute earlier than they said, are they?

5 minutes ago, 89Topps said:

Boy, they are not going to be 1 minute earlier than they said, are they?

Nope!  I contacted them through live chat and email.  There email they're even more cautious:

Dear Joshua,

Thank you for contacting us.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. FLB is currently scheduled to be open by 4 PM, please note the opening is subject to change. We will be sure to notify all users once FLB has officially opened.

For live assistance with this or any other issue, please call Customer Care at 1-888-549-3776 (ESPN) between 9:00 a.m. and 1:00 a.m. EST.

Regards,

Salman
ESPN.com Customer Care

Yahoo! mock drafts are gone for me... Is this happening to anyone else?

15 minutes ago, Picard56 said:

Yahoo! mock drafts are gone for me... Is this happening to anyone else?

Yahoo fantasy baseball is down for the next 24 hours or so. They won't let people draft until Friday as it stands (although, I think they'll fix it by Wednesday, will see).

Hopefully ESPN is still adding players.  Lots of missing prospects.

Notables:

Mckenzie Gore
Bo Bichette

Royce Lewis

Forrest Whitley

Hunter Greene

Brendan Mckay