• Announcements

• Patrick Bateman

Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  
Dugout Legend

2018 Fantasy Baseball Platform Central -- ESPN/Yahoo /CBS/Fantrax, etc..

7 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Whoa just check out to see that they changed the Profile page.  Where did all my great teams of yesteryear go.  They only have a graph and your entire history with each team is now gone.  Bummer.

Click on the "History" tab, and you can see your teams for whatever sport you've clicked on. I wondered the same at first, LOL. 

• Thanks 1

To find the overall league rating just go to your leagues home page (for head to head leagues only). Then, where it says the title of the league in large font such as "Yahoo Public League 545603" you will see the picture to the left and the circle around it will be a certain color (silver, gold, platinum, etc.)

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, CrypTviLL said:

To find the overall league rating just go to your leagues home page (for head to head leagues only). Then, where it says the title of the league in large font such as "Yahoo Public League 545603" you will see the picture to the left and the circle around it will be a certain color (silver, gold, platinum, etc.)

Oh okay.  Thanks.  I thought it was just a "frame" around a League's avatar (logo?) picture, haha.

I like this history page in Yahoo profiles. Looks much nicer. 

Yahoo league 

We have 2 DL spots 

Bryant & Gleyber 

I just found out that Kris Bryant is off the DL 

i want to take Bryant off the DL and put Sean Doolittle on ... but since the Nats game has started Doolittle is locked. It seems like I can’t make that move for tomorrow.

Will I be able to make that switch after Doolittle & Bryant’s games are over today so I can get them in for Thursday? 

26 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Will I be able to make that switch after Doolittle & Bryant’s games are over today so I can get them in for Thursday? 

In leagues where moves take effect for the following day, you need to switch to tomorrow's lineup and make the DL change.

1 minute ago, tonycpsu said:

In leagues where moves take effect for the following day, you need to switch to tomorrow's lineup and make the DL change.

Thanks that works

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Yahoo league 

We have 2 DL spots 

Bryant & Gleyber 

I just found out that Kris Bryant is off the DL 

i want to take Bryant off the DL and put Sean Doolittle on ... but since the Nats game has started Doolittle is locked. It seems like I can’t make that move for tomorrow.

You can make the move and have it work by tomorrow.  It's very easy actually.

Just click over to tomorrow's date and do the deed.

There Doolittle isn't locked so drop Doolittleto into the DL from THAT page.  Move up Bryant at the same time.  Swapping the DL slot is instant on the day you do it so you now have made the move period.  You just can't use Bryant today.  (Actually you can't use him tomorrow either since the Cubs have an off day, heh).  But you can have him on your active roster tomorrow "right now" as weird as that sounds.

Also you will get a red bar error message if you are at max DL slots right now saying you can't do that when you move Doolittle into a DL slot but do it anyway and when Bryant is moved up to the the active roster it will be fine.

Important Note:  If you set up your line-ups for three or four days in advance you may have to repeat this procedure again on those dates too since Yahoo will lock in rosters for multi-date sets which normally helps you if changing your mind about a line-up for one day in the middle of those set dates while leaving the line-up the same the rest of the time.  Downside to this is that it now messes up DL swaps as well locking the old version in place so just check ahead a day or two as well and repeat the DL swap if you have to on those dates there as well.

While here because it will come up really soon now.  Yes next week starts the two weeks out as one period on  most platforms and no on Yahoo you don't get extra moves for the extra week so hoard your moves in H2H if you  can.

Week 16 will be two weeks due to the MLB All-Star Game and run from July 16th through July 29th. Roster deadlines, innings-pitched minimums, and weekly transaction limits won't change during this fantasy week.

Whoops posted before the above.  Oh well the multi-date settings and 2 weeks thing is still valid.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

Having an issue with the Yahoo app. When I try to view my matchups in my leagues, I get a screen that says “Unable to process request - Tap to retry” with a different error code each time I tap to retry. But I can view the other matchups in the league no problem; I just can’t look at my own for some reason. I’ve deleted and reinstalled the app and restarted my phone but still have the same problem.

You play in a AL “only” league 

Manny plays in the AL ... 

Just say he gets traded to the NL

What rule do you believe is fair ? 

1. you lose Manny — no more counting stats

2. you keep Manny —- stats continue 

I have been in two different leagues that used both scenarios

one league you lost the player the other you didn’t 

27 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

I think you should lose the player. He isn't in the AL anymore. Simple as that. I used to be in an NL only league and the rule was you got the player or players coming back in the trade(choose 1 if multiple). This was a keeper league so it did help somewhat if it were just prospects.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, shakestreet said:

3. You yell and scream then never play in an "only half of baseball" league format ever again.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, shakestreet said:

In Yahoo "only" leagues, if a player is traded out of the player pool the players stats still appear to be accruing each day, but their overnight cycle removes the stats from your matchup (if h2h) or from your season totals (if roto). 

Somehow it took 4 years for my league to realize that the stats weren't counting. :wacko:

Edited by mjb03003

On 7/14/2018 at 8:43 PM, Snowblind said:

Having an issue with the Yahoo app. When I try to view my matchups in my leagues, I get a screen that says “Unable to process request - Tap to retry” with a different error code each time I tap to retry. But I can view the other matchups in the league no problem; I just can’t look at my own for some reason. I’ve deleted and reinstalled the app and restarted my phone but still have the same problem.

Don't use the app...  There are many issues that come up that is mainly because of the app usage...  Try it out on the actual website and see if it happening there... If it isn't then you have a work-around...

yahoo did not remove machado from cant cut list yet in al only leagues, which sucks.

9 hours ago, DJSatane said:

yahoo did not remove machado from cant cut list yet in al only leagues, which sucks.

He hasn't be officially traded yet.  There is a snag involving one of the prospects being sent to Baltimore in the trade.   So he remains with the O's for now and if the trade falls through other teams can jump back in.  LA will 99% probably get him but they don' 100% have him right now so an O he is still today.

Anybody know the answer to the following:

In Yahoo public leagues this is a 2-week long match up due to the all-star break. Do you still only have 6 moves per the 2 weeks? Or do you have 6 moves this week and another 6 moves next week?

15 minutes ago, CrypTviLL said:

Anybody know the answer to the following:

In Yahoo public leagues this is a 2-week long match up due to the all-star break. Do you still only have 6 moves per the 2 weeks? Or do you have 6 moves this week and another 6 moves next week?

6 moves total for 2 weeks unfortunately. 

• Like 1

Just now, jstep13 said:

6 moves total for 2 weeks unfortunately. 

Damn, that's brutal. Especially during the trade deadline where things can come at you real fast.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, CrypTviLL said:

Damn, that's brutal. Especially during the trade deadline where things can come at you real fast.

I know. I’ve already burned through half my moves adding closers and it’s only Saturday 😞

Edited by jstep13

1 hour ago, CrypTviLL said:

Yeah but it has been that way for years and they do put a big notice up the week before on the League page to remind all managers.  You can play the whole thing to your advantage in many ways since the other managers are in the same boat and they didn't plan ahead for this.

• Like 1

After seeing some discussion the the Garrett Hampson thread about how espn/yahoo do waivers I thought I would just come over and put this here.  For espn it didn't really matter because Hampson wasn't in the database.  He was in the database on yahoo which lead some to be mad about him not going to waivers.  I just wanted to say that your commissioner can set it to go through waivers, but it does severely limit the number of minor league players available.

Setting: "New players Become Available:" - 2 different options - "As soon as Yahoo adds them" "Wait until called up to Majors".

Hampson was available to be picked up if your league setting is "As soon as Yahoo adds them"

Hampson went through waivers (or whatever system you have set up) if your league setting is "Wait until called up to Majors"

• Like 1

Thanks but you got it backwards a little.

Note that the first in season option -- As soon as Yahoo adds them -- is the default is 99.9% of leagues and will be set up that way.  In the default option new adds to the database still go through waivers.  This option puts them into a waiver status.  So in both cases the player passes through waivers.  

Believe me on this. All my leagues are this way with the default "when Yahoo adds them to database."

The only time this doesn't happen is if a private league changes two settinga.  They elect NOT to have a waiver period on anyone period and select option 2 above aka the non default one (passes through waivers but the NO WAIVERS option is also on so the passing through is instantaneous). I played in a league years ago that used this method btw.  I'm not making this stuff up.

WTH is going on with Fantrax??   Their scoring is a complete mess right now.  Not sure if I can trust them with scoring.  Do I need to verify everything??