Dugout Legend

2018 Fantasy Baseball Platform Central -- ESPN/Yahoo /CBS/Fantrax, etc..

1 minute ago, duke of queens said:

I love to know youre solution to last day of the season with limits. 

Yeah I bet it would be to use Doctor Who's magic sonic screwdriver to fix the so-called "problem" in a matter of seconds.

Just now, The Big Bat Theory said:

Yeah I bet it would be to use Doctor Who's magic sonic screwdriver to fix the so-called "problem" in a matter of seconds.

Probably would have to call up the managers of the teams your pitchers are on to ask how many innings they are going that day to stay within the limit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

How do I get my payouts from Fantrax (public league)? Commissioned and ran by Fantrax. Anyone know?

13 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

How do I get my payouts from Fantrax (public league)? Commissioned and ran by Fantrax. Anyone know?

Couldn't edit or delete my post.  Found the answer

• Cash prizes are awarded in U.S. dollars.
  • Results become official 1 week after the season ends.
  • Prize winnings will be posted to your Fantrax Account within 1-3 days after results become official. You can then choose to withdraw those funds via check or Paypal.

Posted (edited)
On 10/2/2018 at 4:16 PM, FISH ON said:

Exploiting a website's inability to install software that enforces customs league rules and settings that have caps or limits is a blatant way of cheating, period. 

League rules and settings supersede hosting site's default settings, that's why they're called 'custom settings", when you set up a league, put in limits, those rules and settings are what you go by, it's not intended for someone to find the loophole so they can ignore the league settings, that's called cheating and it's not debatable. Otherwise, what's the whole purpose in making custom settings with caps or limits? The settings and rules do not say that it is ok to go over the cap/limit on the last day if you are under the cap/limit on the last day, I mean, how dumb do you have to be to sit there and say, well, the rules say I'm not supposed to go over the cap/limit, but since no one can enforce it, f-em, I'm going to cheat, that's exactly what you're doing, cheating and trying to justify it by saying it's the rule of the hosting site, f our settings and rules.....

sucks that this is the the mindset of those of you that insists that it's ok to cheat, oops, I mean, operate within the , cough, cough, rules, and ignore the custom settings and rules put in place, and the fact that you guys will argue to the point of fisticuffs about it...  and the best part? It's happening in FREE leagues!! Really must have a sad life if you have to find loopholes to cheat out a win in a free fantasy game.....rotoworld posters at their best 

It is not cheating at all...... the rules are that there is a max number of games played for each position and a max number of innings for a pitching staff..........however, you can start multiple pitchers per day and each pitcher can throw multiple innings ...... so it is next to impossible for a team to end a day exactly at the max limit.     So the RULES clearly state that ALL stats accrued on the day a team reaches OR EXCEEDS the limit will count.   Any stats after that day concludes will no longer count. 

Same goes for any fielding positions that start multiple players per day ..... the RULE is that all stats accrued on the day your team meets OR EXCEEDS the limit will counts.

It's not cheating ..... it's not a gimmick ...... it's not a glitch ....... its the RULES.    You can choose to use the existing rules to your favor........or you can choose not to take advantage of the rules at your own peril.

[...]

Edited by tonycpsu
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)

Quote the rule from ESPN. I've looked and it says 200 starts max for my league. If people want to say that because there is no way of enforcing it when you go over you are right. But it is cheating as you know what max means or you wouldn't be trying to get as close as you can without going over and then scamming the system. And starts is easier to scam as you can actually plan the number.

I can see an inning one being impossible to enforce but common sense would say if 1500 is set as max and you are at 1497 and start 9 pitchers the odds are you are going to go over it by quite a few innings.

Edited by Low and Away

Not sure about ESPN (not in any espn leagues this year) but here is what Yahoo says in their help section (pay close attention to the last sentence):

Maximum or minimum player usage and limits in Fantasy Baseball

Maximum games played, and maximums or minimums for innings pitched, make strategizing more important than ever.

Minimum Innings Pitched in Head-to-Head Leagues

Maximum player usage and hitting your limits in Rotisserie and Points Leagues

Stats for players in capped positions show in StatTracker but won't be included in your team totals and are cleared in our nightly update. If your league uses more than one of any position, the allowable total for those positions will be the sum of each individual spot.

• Private Leagues - Commissioners can set custom limits in their league's settings.
  • Pro and Public Leagues - Pitchers have a max usage of 1,400 innings. Whenever a pitcher records an out they're credited with ⅓ of an inning. Non-pitchers max usage is 162 games. Players are credited with a game even if they only enter as a batter, pinch runner, or defensive replacement.

When you hit one of the limits, all active players in that position are credited their stats, making it possible to exceed the max games or innings pitched limit.

• Like 1

Fantrax now charging extra fee to have "adfree" experience. Which is nice. I don't mind it much, about $10 for 4 months or $25 for a full year. Or a multi-year package for about $60. You pick which one you want based on your interest. Otherwise if you adblock you'll be forced to buy one of the adfree packages. Or you can have none and get a ton of pop-up ads.

Some seem pissed off, others don't mind.  Just an fyi. If you are going to use fantrax as a provider.

The part that makes no sense is that it's tied to users and not leagues.  So even people who only play in premium (paid) leagues have to pay more just to hide the ads.  If people are just playing in free leagues, then yeah, I can understand wanting something to replace the lost ad revenue, though the idea that they're pulling in $25/year per user in ad revenue is laughable given the economics of online advertising.

I can't imagine they'll stick with this for that long given how competitive the industry is right now.  Fantrax is at the forefront of innovation as the major providers go, but this is a big own goal.

6 hours ago, Stars & Stripes said:

Fantrax now charging extra fee to have "adfree" experience. Which is nice. I don't mind it much, about $10 for 4 months or $25 for a full year. Or a multi-year package for about $60. You pick which one you want based on your interest. Otherwise if you adblock you'll be forced to buy one of the adfree packages. Or you can have none and get a ton of pop-up ads.

Some seem pissed off, others don't mind.  Just an fyi. If you are going to use fantrax as a provider.

Well they will go belly up in no time.  As long as Yahoo and ESPN offer both highly competitive free private leagues with multiple personalized options as well as their casual public leagues why; would anyone but a Fantrax hardcore groupie pay period let alone those very high fees.  And yes $25 is a high fee for those of us who are not part of the white collar crowd.  Especially if we can get arguably better platforms with far more potential pool of players like Yahoo and ESPN have for free.

1 hour ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Well they will go belly up in no time.  As long as Yahoo and ESPN offer both highly competitive free private leagues with multiple personalized options as well as their casual public leagues why; would anyone but a Fantrax hardcore groupie pay period let alone those very high fees.  And yes $25 is a high fee for those of us who are not part of the white collar crowd.  Especially if we can get arguably better platforms with far more potential pool of players like Yahoo and ESPN have for free.

You can either sell an item 1 dollar to 100 customers, or a 100 dollars to 1 customer.

Fantrax attracts a higher percentage of players that are willing to pay fees in the first place for hosting leagues. I just turned off my Ad-Blocker. The adds are not that counter intuitive to my experience. Its not a pay-wall. I'm not seeing a giant loss in the user base. Just vocal gumps that actually wont do anything about it.

They might change to only free users as tony said. If their paid users are loud enough it'll change.

Edited by Slatykamora
  • Like 1

I was a big Fantrax guy in the past but after football I'll be done with it. Asking to turn off Adblock is ridiculous and I can't go for it; no can do.

Yahoo and ESPN are just fine.

• Like 1

Heads up espn fantasy baseball users ...

A good read if you play on espn. 

This year espn changed fantasy basketball layout. Football has the old layout (format).

I have no idea if this new layout will be incorporated for baseball in 2019. 

1 hour ago, shakestreet said:

Heads up espn fantasy baseball users ...

A good read if you play on espn. 

This year espn changed fantasy basketball layout. Football has the old layout (format).

I have no idea if this new layout will be incorporated for baseball in 2019. 

Looks like they are trying to copy Yahoo's look but aren't quite there yet.

I've only played Yahoo for Fantasy Baseball and Yahoo and CBS Sports for Fantasy Basketball.  I like Yahoo because it's got a trophy case.  I've won more money in points leagues with CBS Sports and even won every weekly matchup one year, but no trophies to show for it.  Who's going to believe me?  Would play $20 - $100 leagues or even for free.  I've never quit a league even if it's free; Just love the competition.  I hear ESPN has a trophy case, so will try that.  I like them all for information.  Have not played for the past few years due to other commitments, so am trying to come back.  Things have changed.  I still like Yahoo since I am familiar with it.  My weakness is I will not play keeper leagues due to lack of time due to work and relationships.  That takes too much commitment and the guys who know fantasy baseball are in those leagues.  I also love Rotoworld for its great information.  Thanks, Rotoworld for this forum!!!

• Like 1

Anyone know why Yahoo pro leagues are USA only and if this will ever change?

i am curious to try one of these leagues, see how competitive they are.

Payouts more than likely. You are in Canada? IF so do they allow internet gambling? Not counting offshore sites which could make a difference.

They do allow internet gambling in Canada.  I think this is more a USA thing involving moving money across the border for gambling purposes.