Dugout Legend

2018 Fantasy Baseball Platform Central -- ESPN/Yahoo /CBS/Fantrax, etc..

Lineups locked for Yahoo at 11 am even though game has been PPD since last night. Was trying to wait out some lineup changes until real start times. Bummer 

9 minutes ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

Lineups locked for Yahoo at 11 am even though game has been PPD since last night. Was trying to wait out some lineup changes until real start times. Bummer 

Wtf? That's not fair. They can do that?

13 minutes ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

Same for ESPN. I'm already yelling at them on Twitter. They rescheduled that game yesterday. Should not have any impact on transaction locks today.

3 minutes ago, pbjfb said:

Wtf? That's not fair. They can do that?

I just sent them a message on Twitter. Doubt they do anything about it. With all the PPD's going on I was trying to wait things out in my weekly until official start times. Looks like Yahoo system was already pre programmed to lock at 11 am. 

Just now, bigbluecrew56 said:

I just sent them a message on Twitter. Doubt they do anything about it. With all the PPD's going on I was trying to wait things out in my weekly until official start times. Looks like Yahoo system was already pre programmed to lock at 11 am. 

But normally, on daily leagues, you would have at least until the ppd game was scheduled to start, they should give us that for this game too

8 minutes ago, pbjfb said:

But normally, on daily leagues, you would have at least until the ppd game was scheduled to start, they should give us that for this game too

Hit up yahoo sports on twitter and they them hear it.

What about reach out to your leagues and commissioners and have lineups manually adjusted?  If everyone is impacted, that shouldn't be disagreeable among fantasy league members.

What is this nonsense, Yahoo?!?

Uh-oh...

We can't get you signed in on this device. Please try from the device you use most often.

This is the device I use most often, clowns.

• Haha 1

That is a huge weakness in their system.  They can handle a lot of different roster situations (double-headers, multiple DL designations, NA slot), but can't code it to treat "PPD" the same as 'no game'?

5 minutes ago, Ryno23 said:

That is a huge weakness in their system.  They can handle a lot of different roster situations (double-headers, multiple DL designations, NA slot), but can't code it to treat "PPD" the same as 'no game'?

They cannot handle this.

Yahoo has been like that for years locking early.  They won't change it and they won't allow commissioners either to edit it.

20 minutes ago, Ryno23 said:

Yahoo most definitely can't handle their NA slot in the spring when it disappears and drops all your NA players onto the active roster thus destroying the whole purpose of having NA players.  And you still can't trade NA slot to NA slot during the season.  All they did was allow you to pick up a NA free agent and add direct to a NA slot.  Not the other two the first being the most important since NA slots were created so dynasty play could happen with farm systems etc according to their own "mission statement" about why they created NA slots to start with.  (Mission NOT accomplished).

Back a way and to avoid screenshot repeats cluttering the page we had:

A league member sent me this screenshot last night. The claim submission was attempted on Sunday, with adds resetting that night and waivers processing Monday morning. When done on the website it worked flawlessly as it always does.

Yahoo again, of course.  I may be confused about what is being explained but I think I got that the manager thought he could use one of next week's moves on a Sunday night.  No way you can ever do that.  Nor should be able to do that for that manner.  That would be 7 moves (ie, claims) in a week instead of 6 moves (assuming the Yahoo default in moves per week in H2H).

If a manager already used all their moves by Sunday they can NOT put in and extra move Sunday night to be processed overnight.  They have to wait until 3 am eastern / midnight pacific before re-set occurs and a new claim can be submitted.  If it were otherwise it would become a terrible loophole to get extra moves in a week and everyone would be up in arms over it.

18 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Yahoo most definitely can't handle their NA slot in the spring when it disappears and drops all your NA players onto the active roster thus destroying the whole purpose of having NA players.  And you still can't trade NA slot to NA slot during the season.  All they did was allow you to pick up a NA free agent and add direct to a NA slot.  Not the other two the first being the most important since NA slots were created so dynasty play could happen with farm systems etc according to their own "mission statement" about why they created NA slots to start with.  (Mission NOT accomplished).

I never noticed that before, but we only use 1 NA slot; it applies to DL'd players, too.  I've been playing on Yahoo for years, but obviously don't pay close enough attention to how things truly work there.  I just add my extra DL player to an extra, 'illegal' slot temporarily, and then take another DL player out of his slot.  Improving this functionality would be another nice addition to their game.

It's too bad Bunt Cakes isn't around anymore.  I always found him to be very receptive to suggestions.

Edited by Ryno23

18 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Yahoo again, of course.  I may be confused about what is being explained but I think I got that the manager thought he could use one of next week's moves on a Sunday night.  No way you can ever do that.  Nor should be able to do that for that manner.  That would be 7 moves (ie, claims) in a week instead of 6 moves (assuming the Yahoo default in moves per week in H2H).

If a manager already used all their moves by Sunday they can NOT put in and extra move Sunday night to be processed overnight.  They have to wait until 3 am eastern / midnight pacific before re-set occurs and a new claim can be submitted.  If it were otherwise it would become a terrible loophole to get extra moves in a week and everyone would be up in arms over it.

If you go into your league/team through a web browser (not the app) it will let you submit a claim on Sunday that clears on Monday even if you've used all of your moves for that week. The move processes on Monday, which makes it count toward the following week's add count. For some reason this only works through the web browser, as the app will immediately inform you that you're out of moves when you go to submit a claim. 

2 hours ago, mjb03003 said:

If you go into your league/team through a web browser (not the app) it will let you submit a claim on Sunday that clears on Monday even if you've used all of your moves for that week. The move processes on Monday, which makes it count toward the following week's add count. For some reason this only works through the web browser, as the app will immediately inform you that you're out of moves when you go to submit a claim. 

You can?  I was talking about a laptop and not the app in my post.  It never let me do anything like that before.  If it does it shouldn't.  And it hasn't in the past when I couldn't count up to 6 correctly and I'd get a message saying I had used all my moves for the week already.

3 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

You can?  I was talking about a laptop and not the app in my post.  It never let me do anything like that before.  If it does it shouldn't.  And it hasn't in the past when I couldn't count up to 6 correctly and I'd get a message saying I had used all my moves for the week already.

You can. I did it on Sunday. I believe it's always worked that way in leagues that use daily waivers, when it's clear that any claim you make on Sunday won't clear until Monday and be counted towards the next weeks moves. Now if you tried to put in a claim on Saturday that would clear on Sunday, it obviously wouldn't let you do that...

1 minute ago, mjb03003 said:

You can. I did it on Sunday. I believe it's always worked that way in leagues that use daily waivers, when it's clear that any claim you make on Sunday won't clear until Monday and be counted towards the next weeks moves. Now if you tried to put in a claim on Saturday that would clear on Sunday, it obviously wouldn't let you do that...

Good to know if that is a glitch.  Could prove handy come playoffs time.

5 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

I think it all depends when your waivers clear, and when your Sunday lineup locks.  My Sunday lineups lock when the first game of the day starts, and after that point (for argument's sake lets say 1 PM EST) any adds you make are for Monday (next week) because your lineup is already locked for Sunday.  Since the adds don't take affect until Monday's lineup the adds count against next week's total.  If you have waivers/FAAB and they clear after Sunday's lineups are locked then it too counts for Monday's roster and next week's add total.  

That's how any league I'm in works.  It gives no advantage to anyone because you can't use next week's added player in your lineup this week, because Sunday lineups are locked.  And it works the same way for everyone, and you still only have X-amount of adds each week.  It's just the difference between the "week" running from Sunday lineup lock to Sunday lineup lock, vs. the "week" running from midnight Monday to midnight Monday.  

3 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

There's no "glitch" because you're using next week's roster move on a player that isn't eligible to play on your team until Monday.  This is all happening on "real life" Sunday, but it's after Sunday's lineups have locked.

31 minutes ago, handyandy86 said:

I think it all depends when your waivers clear, and when your Sunday lineup locks.  My Sunday lineups lock when the first game of the day starts, and after that point (for argument's sake lets say 1 PM EST) any adds you make are for Monday (next week) because your lineup is already locked for Sunday.  Since the adds don't take affect until Monday's lineup the adds count against next week's total.  If you have waivers/FAAB and they clear after Sunday's lineups are locked then it too counts for Monday's roster and next week's add total.  

That's how any league I'm in works.  It gives no advantage to anyone because you can't use next week's added player in your lineup this week, because Sunday lineups are locked.  And it works the same way for everyone, and you still only have X-amount of adds each week.  It's just the difference between the "week" running from Sunday lineup lock to Sunday lineup lock, vs. the "week" running from midnight Monday to midnight Monday.  

Is that a weekly league then?  Because my line-up locks player by player as the official time of their game starts which is the Yahoo default.  Maybe we are talking oranges and apples here?

41 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

5 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Is that a weekly league then?  Because my line-up locks player by player as the official time of their game starts which is the Yahoo default.  Maybe we are talking oranges and apples here?

No it is not.

In your leagues after the first game starts can you pick up a free agent on the same day an insert him in your lineup? 

With ESPN once the first game locks any moves you make after the first game is locked are moves for the next day. 

Does anyone know if there is any way to set it so games that are rained out in daily cbssportsline leagues do not lock? The way it is now if a game gets postponed the players get locked and can not be substituted with a bench player. Has it always been this way and is modifiable? 

13 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

In your leagues after the first game starts can you pick up a free agent on the same day an insert him in your lineup? 

With ESPN once the first game locks any moves you make after the first game is locked are moves for the next day. 

On Yahoo the default is the next day.  But in private leagues the commish can change that to pick up the same day. 

And yes it is individual, not a group lock.  If say there is a 1 pm game in the east the games in the evening in the east or anytime in other time zones ... well their players aren't locked in.  Why should they be. 

Silly example but anyway ... if it is a same day moves league and say you want to drop Blach for Ryu and a Yankee game already started in the east at 1 pm why would that possibly effect a Blach for Ryu drop/add when their games haven't started yet?  Neither of them are locked yet.  It is like real life.  A real MLB team can make moves up until game time too.