Dugout Legend

2018 Fantasy Baseball Platform Central -- ESPN/Yahoo /CBS/Fantrax, etc..

1 hour ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Is that a weekly league then?  Because my line-up locks player by player as the official time of their game starts which is the Yahoo default.  Maybe we are talking oranges and apples here?

I think we are talking apples to oranges . . . my ESPN leagues the default is that the whole lineup for my team locks when the first MLB game of the day starts (whether I have a player on that team or not), so any adds or DL moves made after the first MLB game of the day has started take effect for tomorrow's games.  That's why to me it makes perfect sense that when waivers run Sunday night it's for Monday's scoring period.

If Yahoo or your league lock at different times then I could see how that might affect when you can and can't make adds.

2 minutes ago, handyandy86 said:

I think we are talking apples to oranges . . . my ESPN leagues the default is that the whole lineup for my team locks when the first MLB game of the day starts (whether I have a player on that team or not), so any adds or DL moves made after the first MLB game of the day has started take effect for tomorrow's games.  That's why to me it makes perfect sense that when waivers run Sunday night it's for Monday's scoring period.

If Yahoo or your league lock at different times then I could see how that might affect when you can and can't make adds.

We've lost the plot completely. 

This was originally a conversation about whether Yahoo allows you to place a waiver claim on Sunday that will not process until Monday when you're out of moves for the current week (the week that ends Sunday). 

Obviously if you don't have moves left for the current week and you're trying to add Ryu for his start on Sunday night, it doesn't matter if your whole lineup is locked or only those players whose games have started are locked. In that example you're attempting to add a player for Sunday but you're out of moves. If you waited until the game began and put in the same claim, which wouldn't process until Monday, that would be allowed even if you've used up your moves for the week because you're actually using a move NEXT week (since it clears on Monday). 

Hope that was clear...

Yahoo is now part of Oath.

New Privacy and Terms.

I scroll to the bottom where "I Accept" lights up to click, but when I do click "I Accept" it says "Oops, something went wrong. Please try again later".

..and then after I wrote this all out it does work. instead of just deleting this I've gone on to write some more. I'm guessing everything with Oath will be the same as it's been with Yahoo before?

some random search on twitter for what the first message says...

is this all normal??

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, SpecialFNK said:

Yahoo is now part of Oath.

New Privacy and Terms.

I scroll to the bottom where "I Accept" lights up to click, but when I do click "I Accept" it says "Oops, something went wrong. Please try again later".

..and then after I wrote this all out it does work. instead of just deleting this I've gone on to write some more. I'm guessing everything with Oath will be the same as it's been with Yahoo before?

some random search on twitter for what the first message says...

is this all normal??

Yeah they say up front they can scan your email and use it to sell to anyone in effect.  The thing is that every site online does that.  Funny the twitter poster didn't know that.  They must be new to the internet, haha.

There is no such thing as private emails as all sites including your local ISP email as well can do that unless you use crypto stuff or a VPN to help fend them off and all that kind of thing.  My fantasy team emails aren't worth that, hah.  Oath is just actually upfront about it I guess.  But it is naive to think this doesn't happen to 100% or all our emails.  All sites scan for "keys" to send advertiser scum and political scum our info.

Anyway there is a "no I'll get to it later" or words to that effect I always click.  With this one you have to click on scroll down several times to activate the options then click on the "laters" one.  A pop-up like that comes up every so many days or visits so I never agree to any of this stuff as a result.  I did that on a Hotmail account for years.  A pop-up would appear once like ever few weeks and I'd click "laters" and skip it.  I know it does not stop them one bit anyway.  Just makes me feel better.  It is all a farce in the end.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

I just missed out on Fulmer's performance today because of this, and I checked the next few days and all of my pitchers who are starting (and who I had already made active for those days) are back on the bench. 

This happens when I use both the website and the app. My pitching changes keep getting reset. 

Does anyone else get this or know why it happens? How can I prevent this? I feel like making changes more than a day ahead won't matter because it never seems to stick. 

Thanks. Hope this is an appropriate forum for this question. I didn't see another one. 

3 hours ago, JohnJSal said:

I just missed out on Fulmer's performance today because of this, and I checked the next few days and all of my pitchers who are starting (and who I had already made active for those days) are back on the bench. 

This happens when I use both the website and the app. My pitching changes keep getting reset. 

Does anyone else get this or know why it happens? How can I prevent this? I feel like making changes more than a day ahead won't matter because it never seems to stick. 

Thanks. Hope this is an appropriate forum for this question. I didn't see another one. 

what site do u use? cuz i know with espn if you set your lineups a couple days ahead. then go make any adds from the free agent list. it will change your previously set lineups

29 minutes ago, JohnJSal said:

If you're using Yahoo, in my experience, if you make any adds/drops to your roster for the next day it doesn't save your previously requested future lineup changes.

For example, let's say you set your lineup to start Kershaw tomorrow, and then later in the evening you added a bat for tomorrow. It may put Kershaw back on the bench. So when it comes to Yahoo, I only set one day in advance and then that day in the morning or before the games or whatever, I will look at my line up that day again to make sure all my hitters are active and all my SP's are starting.

Bottom line is, don't trust Yahoo to be smart about your lineups. 

Edited by jstep13

I like yahoo. I use both yahoo and Espn and yahoo seems so much more organized to me and has more features. It shows league specific rankings, it shows more stats when previewing players, it shows when a player is starting AND benched. It shows which spot in the lineup a batter is batting, as well as matchup ratings (for what that’s worth). It also shows stats for the last 7 days, 14 days and 30 days when previewing a player. The waiver wire is more organized and is overall less confusing.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Csiebert5 said:

I like yahoo. I use both yahoo and Espn and yahoo seems so much more organized to me and has more features. It shows league specific rankings, it shows more stats when previewing players, it shows when a player is starting AND benched. It shows which spot in the lineup a batter is batting, as well as matchup ratings (for what that’s worth). It also shows stats for the last 7 days, 14 days and 30 days when previewing a player. The waiver wire is more organized and is overall less confusing.

But can you draft on an iOS device?

2 minutes ago, NoGloveNoLove said:

But can you draft on an iOS device?

Absolutely, yes. I actually prefer the iOS draft room over the desktop draft room for yahoo. I can’t stand the Espn iOS draft room as it is very unorganized and missing many tools.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Csiebert5 said:

Absolutely, yes. I actually prefer the iOS draft room over the desktop draft room for yahoo. I can’t stand the Espn iOS draft room as it is very unorganized and missing many tools.

Funny, because I use to only use Yahoo but their tie breaker rules are funky, or at least they use to be. I changed about 5 years ago to ESPN but haven’t been happy here either. I might just give it a try again. A little too late this year but oh well...

11 minutes ago, NoGloveNoLove said:

Funny, because I use to only use Yahoo but their tie breaker rules are funky, or at least they use to be. I changed about 5 years ago to ESPN but haven’t been happy here either. I might just give it a try again. A little too late this year but oh well...

All sites have a few quirks that people are unhappy with...

you know that 

21 minutes ago, NoGloveNoLove said:

Tiebreaker rules can be set by the commish in Yahoo private leagues.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

All sites have a few quirks that people are unhappy with...

you know that 

I get that but the Yahoo tie breaker for the playoffs lost me $200. In the Championship game, I tied the other guy but because his RB had 1 more TD than I did, he won. It didn’t matter regular season record or match up record, which in my opinion should have been the tie breaker. It is what it is, that was 5 years ago, it’s time to move on because ESPN isn’t cutting it anymore.

For Yahoo users, I have  Roster Changes set to Daily-Today. I was under the assumption if your team's game started you could not drop a player from that team. Team in my league dropped Wheeler at 1:45 and games started 1:05.

12 minutes ago, duke of queens said:

For Yahoo users, I have  Roster Changes set to Daily-Today. I was under the assumption if your team's game started you could not drop a player from that team. Team in my league dropped Wheeler at 1:45 and games started 1:05.

I believe with those settings you can still drop a player that was sitting on your bench even though his game has started.  You cant drop guys in your starting line-up. 

• Like 2

Yahoo is set up where after midnight, you can drop a player but his stats will still count for that day, kinda how streamers get the jump on starters for the next day, so the drop of Wheeler is well within the confines of yahoo settings.

35 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

I believe with those settings you can still drop a player that was sitting on your bench even though his game has started.  You cant drop guys in your starting line-up. 

Ah might be the case. Thanks.