Dugout Legend

2018 Fantasy Baseball Platform Central -- ESPN/Yahoo /CBS/Fantrax, etc..

3 minutes ago, FISH ON said:

Yahoo is set up where after midnight, you can drop a player but his stats will still count for that day, kinda how streamers get the jump on starters for the next day, so the drop of Wheeler is well within the confines of yahoo settings.

You mean midnight pst

lol, yup, forgot that there are other places besides where I live.....

• Like 1

Anybody else having problems with Yahoo tonight?  Keep getting errors that their site's security certificate has been revoked and it won't load the page.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Yceman1234 said:

Anybody else having problems with Yahoo tonight?  Keep getting errors that their site's security certificate has been revoked and it won't load the page.

Same problem here:

This site is not secure

This might mean that someone’s trying to fool you or steal any info you send to the server. You should close this site immediately.

his website’s security certificate has been revoked, so you can’t go there at this time.
Error Code: ERROR_INTERNET_SEC_CERT_REVOKED

I can't into any of my leagues or the app. It would appear the entire Yahoo server is down.

Yep, Yahoo is down. They're working on it though it looks like according to their live feed...

giphy.gif

Edited by jstep13
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Fantrax had a similar problem early in the season, but it was an expired certificate.  Revoked certificates for a company the size and scope of Yahoo are really uncommon.  Typically certs are only revoked by the issuing certificate authorities when they've been issued improperly, when the owner of the certificate is spoofing another site.  It could also be some sort of misconfiguration on Yahoo's end, or at one of their content distribution networks, but this is the first time I've ever encountered a revoked certificate on a large commercial site.  Very strange.

I have to wonder if it's related to their recent acquisition by Verizon. Now that they're lumped into the same bucket ("Oath") as AOL, bad things are bound to happen. :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, DJSatane said:

Same problem here:

This site is not secure

This might mean that someone’s trying to fool you or steal any info you send to the server. You should close this site immediately.

his website’s security certificate has been revoked, so you can’t go there at this time.
Error Code: ERROR_INTERNET_SEC_CERT_REVOKED

That's what's happening all right

I can't get in with my laptop or backup desktop,but I was able to get in with an android tablet.

edit-I did a system restore to my laptop before I backed off though,not happy with this new Verizon Yahoo Oath s---.

Edited by the real donny baseball
  • Like 2

OK guys-I'm not smart enough to have a smart phone,but I can also get in on an Amazon Kindle.

Jeff Bezos probably just got a buzz on Friday night,bought Verizon and just forgot to tell the employees to fix the servers.

38 minutes ago, tonycpsu said:

Fantrax had a similar problem early in the season, but it was an expired certificate.  Revoked certificates for a company the size and scope of Yahoo are really uncommon.  Typically certs are only revoked by the issuing certificate authorities when they've been issued improperly, when the owner of the certificate is spoofing another site.  It could also be some sort of misconfiguration on Yahoo's end, or at one of their content distribution networks, but this is the first time I've ever encountered a revoked certificate on a large commercial site.  Very strange.

Expiring certs is not uncommon. Not realizing it is.

1 minute ago, duke of queens said:

Expiring certs is not uncommon. Not realizing it is.

I said *revoked* is uncommon, not expired.  Obviously certs expire all the time, but the Fantrax issue rarely happens because competent administrators replace them before they expire.

At least the Android app is working for Yahoo.

Though the app just like the Yahoo email keeps giving me the screen to take the oath to Oath's total lack of privacy agreement whereby they can sell all info including financial and medical etc etc to anyone whatsoever by hitting the AGREE button.  I just keep selecting "laters, man" and trucking on for now. 

But really any phone app is way too small-screened to comfortably do a lot of research and such on it.  I like a nice big layout to work with.

Looks like all of Yahoo is down.  Their regular, NON-fantasy sports pages have the same error.  I wonder if Oath was going to can some software guys to cost cut and they are having their revenge of the nerds moment against Oath tonight.  Actually I hope that is the reason because I'm like that.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

3 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

At least the Android app is working for Yahoo.

Though the app just like the Yahoo email keeps giving me the screen to take the oath to Oath's total lack of privacy agreement whereby they can sell all info including financial and medical etc etc to anyone whatsoever by hitting the AGREE button.  I just keep selecting "laters, man" and trucking on for now. 

But really any phone app is way too small-screened to comfortably do a lot of research and such on it.  I like a nice big layout to work with.

Between my old Nexus tablet and my Kindle,I can now rage drop my on the bench  Castillo in 2 ways.

But dayum-I'm gonna wait a bit and see if there is a hot pick up my leaguemates can't grab because they aren't as geeky as me.:lol:

I've spent a lot of bandwidth defending Y! in here but I'm done now.

I commish 4 pay leagues in Y! and considering options. 

This is inexcusable and embarrassing as a commish.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SuperJoint said:

I've spent a lot of bandwidth defending Y! in here but I'm done now.

I commish 4 pay leagues in Y! and considering options. 

This is inexcusable and embarrassing as a commish.

So are you  taking an oath against Oath in other words?  :ph34r:

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, tonycpsu said:

I said *revoked* is uncommon, not expired.  Obviously certs expire all the time, but the Fantrax issue rarely happens because competent administrators replace them before they expire.

Never heard of revoked cert. Its either expired or valid from my experience.

6 minutes ago, blackbeard said:

ipad app, iphone app, website all decimated

Yahoo's iPhone app isn't working either?  Really?  Wonder why Yahoo's Android app is working perfectly fine then.  So glad it is so I could see and "rejoice" over that 45.00 ERA next to Castillo's name too, sigh.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

1 minute ago, duke of queens said:

Never heard of revoked cert. Its either expired or valid from my experience.

Nah, revoked is different.  Wiki here.

My guess as to why some haven't been seeing the problem on different browsers / platforms is that the certificate revocation list needs to be refreshed periodically (downloaded by the client), and how often to do it varies from platform to platform.  For me it was working on my laptop then it wasn't, then it was working on the Android app, and then it wasn't, and now it isn't again.  Meanwhile, Chrome on my Android phone never stopped working.

Which means that if Yahoo had actually been pwned during all of this, many of us would have connected to the malicious site without knowing anything,.  Just another reminder that the entire Internet is put together with chicken wire and duct tape.

17 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

So are you  taking an oath against Oath in other words?  :ph34r:

More like using an oat

6 minutes ago, tonycpsu said:

Nah, revoked is different.  Wiki here.

My guess as to why some haven't been seeing the problem on different browsers / platforms is that the certificate revocation list needs to be refreshed periodically (downloaded by the client), and how often to do it varies from platform to platform.  For me it was working on my laptop then it wasn't, then it was working on the Android app, and then it wasn't, and now it isn't again.  Meanwhile, Chrome on my Android phone never stopped working.

Which means that if Yahoo had actually been pwned during all of this, many of us would have connected to the malicious site without knowing anything,.  Just another reminder that the entire Internet is put together with chicken wire and duct tape.

I'm a geek,so for yucks I even went and tried this on an old factory setting router.Nope.

Yahoo is broken.You can access it with Android and nothing else.Sell  ALL of your Verizon stock ASAP.

Edited by the real donny baseball
  • Haha 1