Dugout Legend

2018 Fantasy Baseball Platform Central -- ESPN/Yahoo /CBS/Fantrax, etc..

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, SpecialFNK said:

this could be perception but it seems that yahoo is always slow to add the DL to a players name when a player goes on the DL, but they certainly waste no time at all removing that DL when a player comes off the DL.

 

I could be wrong but I can't imagine adding and removing the DL status from players is something Yahoo does manually. They probably pull it from some MLB player db. I only play on Yahoo and CBS but haven't noticed a significant difference between the timing in DL status changes between the two platforms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/11/2018 at 10:38 AM, fletch44 said:

 

I could be wrong but I can't imagine adding and removing the DL status from players is something Yahoo does manually. They probably pull it from some MLB player db. I only play on Yahoo and CBS but haven't noticed a significant difference between the timing in DL status changes between the two platforms.

I've always thought it happens fairly quickly once it becomes official and we've been on Yahoo for years.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/10/2018 at 6:32 PM, SpecialFNK said:

this could be perception but it seems that yahoo is always slow to add the DL to a players name when a player goes on the DL, but they certainly waste no time at all removing that DL when a player comes off the DL.

 

Must be your perception.  As soon as it is official it happens almost immediately in my Yahoo leagues.  Yahoo can't change anyone to DL status until the team does. 

 

In other words even if there is some blurb that says Klutzy Hamstring is going to be DL'ed. Yahoo can't DL him until the team actually OFFICIALLY does.  And the team sometimes doesn't bother to do the paperwork until right before game time since they don't NEED to do it until they need to activate his replacement.

 

 

 

.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a shout out to Yahoo yesterday for sending a flurry of push notifications about players in my various leagues having their games rained out... and when I went to take them out of my lineups they were already locked in and I couldn’t remove them anyway. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I put in a waiver claim for Freddy Peralta a few days ago when Yahoo added him....he will be a FA overnight/tomorrow on the 16th

 

NOW I see 10k+ people have already added him, HOW????

 

Was hoping he would slip through the cracks but I have pretty crappy waiver priorities and NOW THE WHOLE WORLD KNOWS ABOUT HIM:/

 

Have you heard?  Freddy struck out 20 batters the other day in Coors, how about that sportsfans??? GO GRAB HIM ASAP!!!!!

 

Anyway, was just wondering if there was a difference between public and private leagues on Yahoo and why he is trending now before he even becomes available, this sucks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a commissioner setting.  There are leagues that have no waivers and are able to add new players as soon as Yahoo adds them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, pedubwitat said:

It's a commissioner setting.  There are leagues that have no waivers and are able to add new players as soon as Yahoo adds them.

 

This. Or their waiver time is set to one day instead of the default two days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, lbjames6 said:

 

This. Or their waiver time is set to one day instead of the default two days.

 

This. Or Yahoo doesn’t like you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When someone is added to server they automatically go through waivers

 

if it's a hot shot prospect who was already in the server since start of the season they been a FA the whole time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, I officially do not like Fantrax now.  I can't start Chris Sale off my bench because I have Moncada on the DL.  Moncada has already played today, so I can't move him effective today, so I'm going to lose Sale's start.  Ridiculous site.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I noticed that Matt Andriese earned both a win and a hold today currently in yahoo.  He was automatically given the hold then later awarded the win by the scorekeeper after pitching 3 shutouts innings.   

I am pretty sure this happened prior with Betances a few years ago and figure this is probably a glitch in yahoo's system that goes unnoticed and never updated.   I think I pursued a response from Yahoo but can't recall if they answered or not now.

Andriese is only 1% owned so probably not a big deal but one can see if a pitcher had a higher ownership that this could have pretty big implications especially in head to head leagues.  

Edited by knuckleheads

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a glitch.  Faria didn't qualify for the win.  Colome got the save.  Leaves the official scorer to decide between Roe or Andriese for who got the win.  Both Roe and Andriese came in with their team leading.  Roe got 2 outs allowing nothing, Andriese got 9 outs and allowed nothing.  Official scorer decided Andriese was more deserving of the W, and he gets the hold for obvious scoring reasons.  Pitching the scoreless 8th in a 2-run game (although he pitched the innings 6-8 in this one)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

Not a glitch.  Faria didn't qualify for the win.  Colome got the save.  Leaves the official scorer to decide between Roe or Andriese for who got the win.  Both Roe and Andriese came in with their team leading.  Roe got 2 outs allowing nothing, Andriese got 9 outs and allowed nothing.  Official scorer decided Andriese was more deserving of the W, and he gets the hold for obvious scoring reasons.  Pitching the scoreless 8th in a 2-run game (although he pitched the innings 6-8 in this one)

 

However, note that the hold was granted by yahoo and not  in MLB nor ESPN boxscores.   This was the same a few years ago.  I realize holds are not an official stat but it seems to me that yahoo is alone on this.    Since it's not in MLB stats I think Yahoo makes errors on this.  I don't think you can get both a hold and a win.

Edited by knuckleheads

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

Not a glitch.  Faria didn't qualify for the win.  Colome got the save.  Leaves the official scorer to decide between Roe or Andriese for who got the win.  Both Roe and Andriese came in with their team leading.  Roe got 2 outs allowing nothing, Andriese got 9 outs and allowed nothing.  Official scorer decided Andriese was more deserving of the W, and he gets the hold for obvious scoring reasons.  Pitching the scoreless 8th in a 2-run game (although he pitched the innings 6-8 in this one)


I found the old link to Betances situation here.  Note it was a mistake by Yahoo then, and a mistake by Yahoo now.  They obviously don't worry about this: 

From poster cs3
 
1. Enters the game in a 
save situation; that is, when all of the following three conditions apply: (a) He appears in relief (i.e., is not the starting pitcher); and ( B) He is not the winning pitcher; and © He qualifies under one of the following conditions: (i) He enters the game with a lead of no more than three runs and maintains that lead for at least one inning (ii) He enters the game, regardless of the count, with the potential tying run either on base, or at bat, or on deck (iii) He pitches effectively for at least three innings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^   All you did above is quote the SAVE qualifications.  That has nothing to do with the HOLD qualifications. 

 

And there can be more than one pitcher who gets a HOLD in any game.  If he qualified for the HOLD and the scorer later awarded him the WIN I don't see any problem here unless the rules for HOLDS say the pitcher can't be the winning pitcher either.  But what you posted above is the SAVE qualifications.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

^   All you did above is quote the SAVE qualifications.  There can be more than one pitcher who gets a HOLD in any game.  if he qualified for the HOLD and the scorer later awarded him the WIN I don't see any problem here.

 

Oops I didn't paste the first line:
 

A hold (abbreviated HLD, H or HD) is awarded to a relief pitcher who meets the following three conditions:

1. Enters the game in a save situation; that is, when all of the following three conditions apply: (a) He appears in relief (i.e., is not the starting pitcher); and ( B) He is not the winning pitcher; and © He qualifies under one of the following conditions: (i) He enters the game with a lead of no more than three runs and maintains that lead for at least one inning (ii) He enters the game, regardless of the count, with the potential tying run either on base, or at bat, or on deck (iii) He pitches effectively for at least three innings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

^   All you did above is quote the SAVE qualifications.  There can be more than one pitcher who gets a HOLD in any game.  if he qualified for the HOLD and the scorer later awarded him the WIN I don't see any problem here.

 

And certainly if MLB didn't grant the hold then Yahoo certainly should not have.  It's only been them...

Edited by knuckleheads

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, BALCO All-Stars said:

So, I officially do not like Fantrax now.  I can't start Chris Sale off my bench because I have Moncada on the DL.  Moncada has already played today, so I can't move him effective today, so I'm going to lose Sale's start.  Ridiculous site.

how exactly is a batter on the DL related to your pitcher on the bench? i think there's key info missing from your statement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, knuckleheads said:

 

And certainly if MLB didn't grant the hold then Yahoo certainly should not have.  It's only been them...

 

I'm pretty sure Yahoo relies on a stats service for their statistics. They don't just input the stats themselves. I don't believe Yahoo granted him a hold...their stat service did. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, osb_tensor said:

how exactly is a batter on the DL related to your pitcher on the bench? i think there's key info missing from your statement.

No, nothing missing.  I went to move Sale from my BENCH to be a STARTER and a message popped up about how I have someone on my DL (Moncada) is now active and I can't make any lineup changes until that DL player is activated (I don't remember the exact message).  So I could not move Sale from my bench to be a starter because of Moncada, and Moncada had already played (early game yesterday), so I was stuck missing Sale's start.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BALCO All-Stars said:

No, nothing missing.  I went to move Sale from my BENCH to be a STARTER and a message popped up about how I have someone on my DL (Moncada) is now active and I can't make any lineup changes until that DL player is activated (I don't remember the exact message).  So I could not move Sale from my bench to be a starter because of Moncada, and Moncada had already played (early game yesterday), so I was stuck missing Sale's start.

 

I remember this from my Fantrax days. In most formats you just can't add any new players until you make the necessary moves to activate the DL player, but it will still let you set your lineup. Fantrax actually locks all lineup changes because you have an "illegal lineup," which essentially removes the ability to leave a DL player in the DL spot for the first game or two back (which is a common strategy, since a lot of guys don't hit the ground running). 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, BALCO All-Stars said:

No, nothing missing.  I went to move Sale from my BENCH to be a STARTER and a message popped up about how I have someone on my DL (Moncada) is now active and I can't make any lineup changes until that DL player is activated (I don't remember the exact message).  So I could not move Sale from my bench to be a starter because of Moncada, and Moncada had already played (early game yesterday), so I was stuck missing Sale's start.

unfortunately, this is not a fantrax problem, i believe it's a lack of education. this is a league setup option on fantrax and your commissioner either purposely selected this feature or doesn't understand the settings. additionally, this is not the standard league setup, i.e., someone specifically changed this setting in your league to force DL activations.

Edited by osb_tensor
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont like Fantrax. Love the features but and new look. Our league left and came back cause so many here were pro new Fantrax. It really isn't user friendly or very intuitive. And slow. I know it's for some and right now there isn't a clear one better than the rest so you gotta pick your poison. We left mid-season already and went back to espn. Meh. Meh's all around. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, tucker26 said:

I dont like Fantrax. Love the features but and new look. Our league left and came back cause so many here were pro new Fantrax. It really isn't user friendly or very intuitive. And slow. I know it's for some and right now there isn't a clear one better than the rest so you gotta pick your poison. We left mid-season already and went back to espn. Meh. Meh's all around. 

i think you're spot-on with the "slow" comment. very frustrating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.