Dugout Legend

2018 Fantasy Baseball Platform Central -- ESPN/Yahoo /CBS/Fantrax, etc..

54 minutes ago, osb_tensor said:

unfortunately, this is not a fantrax problem, i believe it's a lack of education. this is a league setup option on fantrax and your commissioner either purposely selected this feature or doesn't understand the settings. additionally, this is not the standard league setup, i.e., someone specifically changed this setting in your league to force DL activations.

Thanks, that's good to know.  It's a Razzball league (RCL), figured I would give Fantrax a try this year.  Guess the RCL's are set that way, or at least the one I am in is set that way.  In any event, hopefully I will do a better job of managing this going forward.

Okay Yahoo, how come Starling Marte is STILL not eligible for the DL list?  This is getting tiresome.  Yahoo actually is really good normally DL-ing players as soon as it is official and the blurb says Marte was "placed" -- aka past tense so done already -- on the DL so why the delay?

Nothing like posting here and Yahoo magically DL-ing him 4 minutes later.  Excellent.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

On 5/17/2018 at 10:14 AM, tucker26 said:

I dont like Fantrax. Love the features but and new look. Our league left and came back cause so many here were pro new Fantrax. It really isn't user friendly or very intuitive. And slow. I know it's for some and right now there isn't a clear one better than the rest so you gotta pick your poison. We left mid-season already and went back to espn. Meh. Meh's all around. 

I'm not a fan of Fantrax either. I don't like the layout, and it just feels clunky to navigate through. I fell for the RW forum hype and am left disappointed...sounds familiar. 

• Like 1

Has there been a change to the way Yahoo handles trades? There have always been vetos but today I see that you have to provide an explanation to the Yahoo staff why you think a trade should be vetoed and then the Yahoo staff will decide.

If so then I like this. I find that more often than not the veto function is abused by other managers who are just jealous, regardless if the trade was fair or good for both teams. It's good they have to provide an explanation too because the way that I evaluate a player may be different from how someone else evaluates a player. It's good to keep leagues fair but sometimes people adopt a mentality of "Well I couldn't get a trade for player X and if I can't have them then nobody can." Or they may see that it makes both teams better so they veto to keep their competition from improving. 

I like the idea of having a third party evaluate if that's the way Yahoo is going. 

I don’t know if this is the right place to discuss this but does anybody else have a problem reading the new cbs app?

I just recently updated it and the fonts are so tiny now.  I figured I would see if others have a problem with it as well.

I messaged CBS as well and they said they don’t have any plans to change it but I figured I would post here, because I know I can’t be the only one and the more people that let them now the better chance they increase the font size.  

17 minutes ago, River Rock said:

Any sites out there clearly better than another?

They all have their good qualities and bad qualities. It's honestly just a matter of opinion. For me, I prefer Yahoo pretty easily, but Yahoo is hated on quite a bit on RW. Lots of guys like Fantrax, but I can't stand their format. ESPN...hate. CBS...meh. But that's just my opinion. Frankly, I don't think there are any that are clearly better than the others. 

On 5/28/2018 at 7:30 PM, ktierne3 said:

Has there been a change to the way Yahoo handles trades? There have always been vetos but today I see that you have to provide an explanation to the Yahoo staff why you think a trade should be vetoed and then the Yahoo staff will decide.

If so then I like this. I find that more often than not the veto function is abused by other managers who are just jealous, regardless if the trade was fair or good for both teams. It's good they have to provide an explanation too because the way that I evaluate a player may be different from how someone else evaluates a player. It's good to keep leagues fair but sometimes people adopt a mentality of "Well I couldn't get a trade for player X and if I can't have them then nobody can." Or they may see that it makes both teams better so they veto to keep their competition from improving. 

I like the idea of having a third party evaluate if that's the way Yahoo is going. 

You didn't tell us the league you are in?  You mean one of those causal public leagues?  Or a pro (money) public league?  (I'm guessing the latter here but don;t know).

In private leagues it is up to the commish of the league -- often with input from the league members -- about how the veto is handled.  You can select commish decides or have votes in those leagues and let me tell you the best set-up is to have a good commish and let him decide aka keep his hands off unless there is a real troublemaker that somehow got into the league.  Those leagues run smooth as silk in my experience.  Yahoo has never stuck it's noise into a private league nor should they ever.

3 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

You didn't tell us the league you are in?  You mean one of those causal public leagues?  Or a pro (money) public league?  (I'm guessing the latter here but don;t know).

In private leagues it is up to the commish of the league -- often with input from the league members -- about how the veto is handled.  You can select commish decides or have votes in those leagues and let me tell you the best set-up is to have a good commish and let him decide aka keep his hands off unless there is a real troublemaker that somehow got into the league.  Those leagues run smooth as silk in my experience.  Yahoo has never stuck it's noise into a private league nor should they ever.

I commished football for a couple of years and have commished my baseball league for almost a decade now and this is the best way.  I had more people "colluding" to block trades from their competition than vetoing for the trade being colluision.  It's worked a lot better with just having me look to see if there was collusion going on (which I've only encountered once).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GurleyMan said:

I commished football for a couple of years and have commished my baseball league for almost a decade now and this is the best way.  I had more people "colluding" to block trades from their competition than vetoing for the trade being colluision.  It's worked a lot better with just having me look to see if there was collusion going on (which I've only encountered once).

We have had commish review(me) for the last 17 years in both my baseball and football leagues and it works. If i am involved in a deal, 2 league members, who have been around since inception approves the trade. No funny business ever takes place.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, duke of queens said:

We have had commish review(me) for the last 17 years in both my baseball and football leagues and it works. If i am involved in a deal, 2 league members, who have been around since inception approves the trade. No funny business ever takes place.

I just usually blanket approve everything unless its the team in last place giving all of their good pieces for the top teams scraps (we play non-keeper leagues so there isn't any rebuilding).

So how did the other sites treat the Hunter Strickland situation on Sunday where MLB.com gave him save (even though he shouldn't have) and Yahoo did not give it to him...

12 minutes ago, posty said:

So how did the other sites treat the Hunter Strickland situation on Sunday where MLB.com gave him save (even though he shouldn't have) and Yahoo did not give it to him...

Bizarre. Seems yahoo has it right. Gotta think the error is changed and all other stat services make the correction when MLB does.

Got this email back from onroto-

I am pretty sure you are correct -- ESPN got it wrong, too, but STATS Inc has it
correct.
In any case, we have to wait for BIS.  Chaos would ensue if our database got out of
sync with theirs.  I'll shoot them a note right now, so it should get cleaned up
tomorrow.

As I mentioned in the Soto thread.

Today's suspended game completion stats will ONLY count in YAHOO if you started the player that day AND you play in a points league or roto league.  If you play in a H2H league, you will not get the stats from the suspended game.

It has been like that for years.

Also, because the suspended game was treated like the first game of a DH, the players are locked in Yahoo...

Edited by posty
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, posty said:

Today's suspended game completion stats will ONLY count in YAHOO if you started the player that day AND you play in a points league or roto league.  If you play in a H2H league, you will not get the stats from the suspended game.

What about in CBS?

Just now, oban14 said:

What about in CBS?

Sorry I have never played CBS, so I do not have an answer...  I can only answer what Yahoo is doing since I have played that in the past...

17 minutes ago, hailtoyourvictor said:

Players still haven't locked in ESPN, which is odd. I can move Soto out of my lineup even after the game started.

I'd proceed with caution on that. 

Not gettting the Doolittle save but getting the Eaton strikeout?! WTF?! This is ******** bull****

1 hour ago, posty said:

Also, because the suspended game was treated like the first game of a DH, the players are locked in Yahoo...

That is a ******** awful way for Yahoo to handle it. Thank you for the information though, much appreciated!

Wouldn't it make sense to follow the lead of MLB? If a player is allowed to play in the real life game, why can't we play him in fantasy? (Soto, Rendon for example)

• Like 1

19 hours ago, posty said:

Thanks for the information on this. I'll be honest, stuff like this really irritates me more than anything else with Yahoo.

I have a league mate in our H2H league who started Doolittle on May 15, he gets the save yesterday, but Yahoo will not give him the week 7 stat correction?! This would have affected his outcome for that week in the saves category. He was down 6 to 5 in saves for week 7 and the Doolittle save would have tied him 6 to 6, giving him a tie for the week 7 matchup. I know it's a half a win, but it could make the difference in league standings at the end of the season.

I am curious how other platforms are handling this situation in H2H leagues. Please let me know, thank you!

Edited by GeekUSA

After doing some research on Twitter, it looks like CBS and ESPN are the same way with retroactive stats in H2H leagues. Anyone on Fantrax have a report on how they handled this situation? Thanks in advance.