Dugout Legend

2018 Fantasy Baseball Platform Central -- ESPN/Yahoo /CBS/Fantrax, etc..

17 hours ago, GeekUSA said:

After doing some research on Twitter, it looks like CBS and ESPN are the same way with retroactive stats in H2H leagues. Anyone on Fantrax have a report on how they handled this situation? Thanks in advance.

Can't speak for Fantrax standard public leagues,  but custom private you can handle it however you like.  Commish can change stats or do whatever at anytime throughout the year.  

18 hours ago, GeekUSA said:

After doing some research on Twitter, it looks like CBS and ESPN are the same way with retroactive stats in H2H leagues. Anyone on Fantrax have a report on how they handled this situation? Thanks in advance.

Fleaflicker league —- I know for a fact, since I own Soto, I was awarded with a 3-6 1HR on that infamous day 

Man anybody else hate the yahoo rules about pickups (adds) before any game starts? 

Streaming a hitter or pitcher is not allowed for that day. 

Is that universal or can a LM change that setting? 

My main leagues are on ESPN.

1 minute ago, shakestreet said:

Man anybody else hate the yahoo rules about pickups (adds) before any game starts? 

Streaming a hitter or pitcher is not allowed for that day. 

Is that universal or can a LM change that setting? 

My main leagues are on ESPN.

That's a setting you can change in Yahoo: "Roster Changes"

IW8simF.gif

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RotoGenius said:

That's a setting you can change in Yahoo: "Roster Changes"

IW8simF.gif

Awe cool ... things to remember when I am ask to join a yahoooo league. 

Is it true those pro (money) leagues don’t use the that setting? 

16 hours ago, shakestreet said:

Awe cool ... things to remember when I am ask to join a yahoooo league. 

Is it true those pro (money) leagues don’t use the that setting? 

I don't know but I sure hope they don't.  The default in public leagues was next day so since pro leagues are also without a human commish I assume they follow that default too.

And you can stream just fine.  Just stream the day before. Yahoo even has an easy look-up for same.  Go to Players List and under the Positions menu there is always a selection called "P (Probable)" there.  That gives you a list of all the pitchers that are suppose to be starting the next day barring weather or last minute changes/injuries.

And if it is indeed next day then the pitcher you want to drop for your streamer you can drop on the day he is pitching anytime.  Before, during or even after his game.  Doesn't matter.  The drop won't happen until the next day so you still get his stats no matter when you click on Drop if he is in your active line-up.

If it is "same day" settings it is way more complicated and you cannot drop him until the next day if he was sitting in an active roster slot.  I tis a pain especially when you live on the east coast waiting until 3 am eastern to make changes.  You sleep like a normal human being and you get up too late and someone on the west coast already made the move for the guy you wanted before he went to bed.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

Yahoo is in read only mode right now:

We're very sorry, but Yahoo Fantasy Sports is currently in read-only mode! We expect to be back shortly. Check @YahooFantasy on Twitter for updates.

So they say to check Twitter.  I'm not on Twitter.  Anyone know what they are saying there as to when they expect to be operational again?

I've defended Yahoo a few times...but why are these idiots starting this at 10:15 eastern?? Wouldn't it be prudent to start this at 3:00 a.m. or something? Why pick a time when people are trying to get on to make moves for tomorrow? Their timing is just stupid. 

Yes it is back but it was a screwy time to do maintenance.  Yahoo is on the west coast so they don't care it they screw over eastern and central time zones apparently.

Another Yahoo platform question:

Trying to activate Clayton Kershaw from DL for his start today. Yahoo says I need to drop a player (obviously). I dropped Addison Russell but he’s still shown on my roster. 

Is there a way to edit my roster so that the transaction (drop) shows on my lineup today, enabling me to activate Clayton Kershaw?

Edited by countseth

10 minutes ago, countseth said:

Trying to activate Clayton Kershaw from DL for his start today. Yahoo says I need to drop a player (obviously). I dropped Addison Russell but he’s still shown on my roster. 

Is there a way to edit my roster so that the transaction (drop) shows on my lineup today, enabling me to activate Clayton Kershaw?

You can’t

You were suppose to activate Kershaw yesterday.... 

You got yahoooooo’ed

that s--- is so wrong 

11 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

You can’t

You got yahoooooo’ed

that s--- is so wrong 

This is an editable setting. It's your league's fault, not Yahoo's. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RotoGenius said:

Thanks guys, I guess I’m screwed, but at least I have this great community. 

24 minutes ago, RotoGenius said:

Don’t be so presumptuous. If it’s a yahoo pro league, it is certainly not editable. 

1 hour ago, shakestreet said:

You can’t

You got yahoooooo’ed

that s--- is so wrong 

Which is a good thing I think.  I hate same day adds myself.  And Kershaw starting today was announced yesterday (or the day before maybe?) so anyone could have activated him in time seeing the orange color on the blurb folder and reading same when checking their team yesterday.

1 hour ago, RotoGenius said:

True that.  That is why I'm used to same day adds in half my leagues and hate them.

1 hour ago, countseth said:

Thanks guys, I guess I’m screwed, but at least I have this great community. 

It is Kershaw's first start in a LONG time and because of rainy weather he didn't make a minor league start.  

Time will tell but just maybe Yahoo saved you from the start.  I know the one league I own him in I refused to activate him for this start.  If he is good, fine.  I'll activate him before his next start.  But I can't take any more hits to my pitching ratios right now so no way am I going to gamble on him not being somewhat rusty.

29 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Which is a good thing I think.  I hate same day adds myself.  And Kershaw starting today was announced yesterday (or the day before maybe?) so anyone could have activated him in time seeing the orange color on the blurb folder and reading same when checking their team yesterday.

Since I am a loyal ESPN player the only one way to play this game is same day adds. Any other way is horsecrap. I have no idea why anybody would even like it the yahoooo way.  the yahoo way takes the fun out of streaming. There is no making any decisions after games are played it takes away micromanaging your team. You are stuck with the same team. Looking at my matchup before the first game is played I decide I want to stream a starting pitcher. Nope can’t be done. On Thursday teams are off I want to stream a hitter or two. Nope that can’t be done on yahooooo. Worse platform ever

• Confused 1

48 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Since I am a loyal ESPN player the only one way to play this game is same day adds. Any other way is horsecrap. I have no idea why anybody would even like it the yahoooo way.  the yahoo way takes the fun out of streaming. There is no making any decisions after games are played it takes away micromanaging your team. You are stuck with the same team. Looking at my matchup before the first game is played I decide I want to stream a starting pitcher. Nope can’t be done. On Thursday teams are off I want to stream a hitter or two. Nope that can’t be done on yahooooo. Worse platform ever

Or just change the setting and don't play in pro leagues.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shakestreet said:

How many times do you need to be told this is a setting? It's not "yahoo," it's how your league is/was setup. Either you're not paying attention, or you just want to complain.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, osb_tensor said:

How many times do you need to be told this is a setting? It's not "yahoo," it's how your league is/was setup. Either you're not paying attention, or you just want to complain.

I know it is the setting ... 

Instead of giving me s--- why don’t you read the whole page ... 

i qouted a question .... here is that 

7 hours ago, countseth said:

I counted with this 

7 hours ago, shakestreet said:

You can’t

You got yahoooooo’ed

that s--- is so wrong 

What the hell just happened to Android Yahoo Fantasy Sports App?  I just get an Oath page now with nothing to reach my teams.  Just Financial News and crap like that.

Edited to add:  I finally got to the teams page but have no idea how I did it.  I HATE HATE HATE Oath!!!!!

Edited by The Big Bat Theory