Dugout Legend

2018 Fantasy Baseball Platform Central -- ESPN/Yahoo /CBS/Fantrax, etc..

1 hour ago, duke of queens said:

Anyone elses Yahoo app giving errors on players tab?

What kind of errors on what players?  My app seems fine but then I don't know if you mean PLAYERS and some sub-menu in there or players in your line-up not being able to be moved or what you are meaning to say.

6 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

What kind of errors on what players?  My app seems fine but then I don't know if you mean PLAYERS and some sub-menu in there or players in your line-up not being able to be moved or what you are meaning to say.

Works now. 

6 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Calling all coders living around the Sunnyvale, CA area.  Yahoo finally admits it needs to hire some software people for it's fantasy baseball (football etc etc) dept:

http://yahoosports-jobs.tumblr.com/

Be warned, they may try and split you into 2.

Edited by duke of queens
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 6/23/2018 at 12:16 PM, shakestreet said:

Since I am a loyal ESPN player the only one way to play this game is same day adds. Any other way is horsecrap. I have no idea why anybody would even like it the yahoooo way.  the yahoo way takes the fun out of streaming. There is no making any decisions after games are played it takes away micromanaging your team. You are stuck with the same team. Looking at my matchup before the first game is played I decide I want to stream a starting pitcher. Nope can’t be done. On Thursday teams are off I want to stream a hitter or two. Nope that can’t be done on yahooooo. Worse platform ever

To each his own. I hate same-day adds, and I think playing with same-day adds is horsecrap. I also think ESPN is far worse than Yahoo ever thought about being. But that's my opinion, and you have a different opinion. Cool. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

To each his own. I hate same-day adds, and I think playing with same-day adds is horsecrap. I also think ESPN is far worse than Yahoo ever thought about being. But that's my opinion, and you have a different opinion. Cool. 

Flyman, we think alike.  I hate same day adds too. 

In my four leagues 2 are next day and 2 are same day so I see the difference each week equally and the more I'm stuck with same day the more I get pissed at it.  Gives me far less flexibility to make moves down the road since the players that are "active" that day can't be dropped since it would remove that day's stats.  It sucks you can't pick up a prospect called up out of the blue because you can't drop a player.  But you can easily do in next day leagues since the old payer (and his stats) "stays" there until the overnight (3 am) "change" occurs.  Win-win.  But to each their own as you say.

• Like 2

Yahoo’s app has been extra horrible lately. Doesn’t update in real time then you close the app out and it will be updated. Then refresh again and none of your stats fromtoday are counted. Come on Yahoo. Get your ish together. 

2 hours ago, BostonCajun said:

Yahoo’s app has been extra horrible lately. Doesn’t update in real time then you close the app out and it will be updated. Then refresh again and none of your stats fromtoday are counted. Come on Yahoo. Get your ish together. 

I honestly haven't had any problems. 

10 hours ago, BostonCajun said:

I updated yesterday and it was fine after

11 hours ago, BostonCajun said:

Its been really bad lately. Cant trust it when editing lineups. Get error messages saying "oops something went wrong" everytime i go on the app. After the updates its gotten even worse. Not showing stats, more error messages, players showing up twice in players tab. 

18 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Flyman, we think alike.  I hate same day adds too. 

In my four leagues 2 are next day and 2 are same day so I see the difference each week equally and the more I'm stuck with same day the more I get pissed at it.  Gives me far less flexibility to make moves down the road since the players that are "active" that day can't be dropped since it would remove that day's stats.  It sucks you can't pick up a prospect called up out of the blue because you can't drop a player.  But you can easily do in next day leagues since the old payer (and his stats) "stays" there until the overnight (3 am) "change" occurs.  Win-win.  But to each their own as you say.

on ESPN it is so different

once the first game starts you can drop any player from the roster ( his stats will count for today)  for another player tomorrow.

You can pick up any player ( a prospect or a veteran) and drop any player

2 hours ago, WahooManiac said:

I updated yesterday and it was fine after

Scratch that.  App sucks again

I believe there is an issue with the Yahoo baseball Player List page. If you select 'Season (std dev)' from the 'STATS' drop down menu, all the negative counting stats (e.g. caught stealing, batter strikeouts and errors) are given positive std dev, rather than the opposite. It throws the whole 'Total' column out of whack.

The same problem exists with the negative pitching stats.
I haven't look at my hockey, basketball or football leagues, but those may be problematic as well.

I let Yahoo Customer Care know about it and will report back if they get back to me.

Edited by Grinner

I hate their advanced stats page.  Who cares about standard deviation.  All I want is a simple k/9 innings and I can't get it.

• Like 1

LOL, guess we know why Yahoo was advertising at the link I put here for software engineers and coders asap.  They probably fired the old crew when Oath took over and the whole thing is falling apart right now hahaha. 

But seriously they always tinker with this Yahoo platform every year around now to introduce their greatest rainbows and unicorns upgrade for fantasy football season and it always always ALWAYS messes up fantasy baseball.  They give out the attitude that they hate fantasy baseball and only care about fantasy football there.  And they never beta test anything at Yahoo ever before the put it out live. 

And forget the app.  The pop-up blurbs on the main regular computer site give different stats like ERA etc then the Player page link now and the active roster on the My team page a lot of the time.  I have to use Baseball Reference to find out how my pitcher REALLY did that day sometimes.  And always have to use it for past starts now.  And the daily stats on the main -- My Team -- page go away mysteriously a lot until you refresh the screen then they are back again.

And they break promises and never fix the NA slots problem which I will be ranting about here until the day I keel over my keyboard and die.

Other than that Yahoo is really good.  :blink:

Yahoo currently in "READ ONLY" move and "will be back soon."  So right now you can't swap players in and out of your active roster from your bench even.

Don't know when it locked up moves but this sucks as usual.  I'm taking bets on whether they are trying to fix the problems they been having since yesterday or, more likely, busy upgrading a second time in two days their football season "look," making things even worse.

BTW this problem is BOTH on the computer site AND the phone app.  A two-for-one bonus from Yahoo.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

LOL, guess we know why Yahoo was advertising at the link I put here for software engineers and coders asap.  They probably fired the old crew when Oath took over and the whole thing is falling apart right now hahaha. 

What do you mean "oath" took over?

12 minutes ago, pbjfb said:

What do you mean "oath" took over?

Oath.  It's the company that bought out Yahoo earlier this year.  Part of Verizon. 

From the below link:  "Oath's CEO, said the new company name was chosen to convey Oath's commitment to the digital media business".  So an oath means a mere commitment to pixels now.  Not a vow to tell the truth in what you say.   Hahahahaha.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oath_Inc.

And it loves sending me endless reminders to have me agree to let them sell my personal Yahoo account emails to everyone on the planet each month too.  Not that they all don't do that already but Oath is especially explicit about doing it with it's so called "privacy" agreement.  An agreement they started sending out to everyone with a Yahoo email within days of the big Facebook stuff breaking too.  Their arrogance is already grating on me.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Oath.  It's the company that bought out Yahoo earlier this year.  Part of Verizon.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oath_Inc.

And it loves sending me endless reminders to have me agree to let them sell my personal Yahoo account emails to everyone on the planet each month too.  Not that they all don't do that already but Oath is especially explicit about doing it with it's so called "privacy" agreement.  An agreement they started sending out to everyone with a Yahoo email within days of the big Facebook stuff breaking too.  Their arrogance is already grating on me.

Yeah that "privacy" thing is really getting on my nerves. I wouldn't be surprised if Yahoo fantasy starts losing users because they don't want to agree to that retarded statement and are tired of having to click off of it so often. I get it almost every time I get on my app, and I get it less frequently online now. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Yeah that "privacy" thing is really getting on my nerves. I wouldn't be surprised if Yahoo fantasy starts losing users because they don't want to agree to that retarded statement and are tired of having to click off of it so often. I get it almost every time I get on my app, and I get it less frequently online now. 

Yeah I have to scroll down and say "laters" and avoid clicking on "accept" every time I use the phone app now too.  The laptop emails are now shunted to my Spam folder.  That notice has to be the worst written most blatant in your face we will sell you and all your private thoughts and hopes and fears down the river for pennies "agreement" every written. 

Facebook is now making "slick" (and lying through their teeth) TV ads about how much they will protect their users in the future and go back to the good old kumbaya days.  But Oath?  At the same time people are most upset at how their personal data is handled what does Oath do?  Yahoo Fantasy Sports app and Yahoo email users are getting Oath's "we can sell your personnel stuff off to anyone and everyone all the time and screw you because you can't stop us so agree to being legally raped right down below by clicking ACCEPT" crap sent to them endlessly.

And yeah if I wasn't in long time dynasty leagues I'd be out of Yahoo sooner than later.  But no way can I get everyone in every league to move and I like keeping my teams I've had and built over the years.  My Yahoo email was set up only for the Yahoo fantasy sports stuff but damn if I want Russian hackers to know and sell my super secret squirrel fantasy baseball trade negotiations ... haha. 

But seriously there is a principle involved here and I won't click ACCEPT.  Glad to know that Oath "privacy" agreement stuff gets someone else pissed too.

• Like 1

On 7/4/2018 at 2:23 PM, Grinner said:

I believe there is an issue with the Yahoo baseball Player List page. If you select 'Season (std dev)' from the 'STATS' drop down menu, all the negative counting stats (e.g. caught stealing, batter strikeouts and errors) are given positive std dev, rather than the opposite. It throws the whole 'Total' column out of whack.

The same problem exists with the negative pitching stats.
I haven't look at my hockey, basketball or football leagues, but those may be problematic as well.

I let Yahoo Customer Care know about it and will report back if they get back to me.

Response from Yahoo Customer Care:

We'll get this over to our engineering team so they can get this fixed as soon as possible for you.

For all Yahoo platform users AND those thinking about playing fantasy sports on Yahoo here is what I was talking about regards Oath's privacy policy.  I think this is very relevant in this thread since it effects current and future fantasy baseball platform choices:

https://www.cnet.com/news/yahoo-aol-oath-privacy-policy-verizon-emails-messages/

At a time where they say Google has backed away some on what it does with your GMail, we have Oath going the other direction and even into your financials as well.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

You been yahooooo’d

Do you want some cheese with that whine whining ?

Pardon?

55 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Yeah I have to scroll down and say "laters" and avoid clicking on "accept" every time I use the phone app now too.  The laptop emails are now shunted to my Spam folder.  That notice has to be the worst written most blatant in your face we will sell you and all your private thoughts and hopes and fears down the river for pennies "agreement" every written. 

Facebook is now making "slick" (and lying through their teeth) TV ads about how much they will protect their users in the future and go back to the good old kumbaya days.  But Oath?  At the same time people are most upset at how their personal data is handled what does Oath do?  Yahoo Fantasy Sports app and Yahoo email users are getting Oath's "we can sell your personnel stuff off to anyone and everyone all the time and screw you because you can't stop us so agree to being legally raped right down below by clicking ACCEPT" crap sent to them endlessly.

And yeah if I wasn't in long time dynasty leagues I'd be out of Yahoo sooner than later.  But no way can I get everyone in every league to move and I like keeping my teams I've had and built over the years.  My Yahoo email was set up only for the Yahoo fantasy sports stuff but damn if I want Russian hackers to know and sell my super secret squirrel fantasy baseball trade negotiations ... haha. 

But seriously there is a principle involved here and I won't click ACCEPT.  Glad to know that Oath "privacy" agreement stuff gets someone else pissed too.

Oh yeah, it makes me angry, too. It's upsetting enough that I'm thinking about taking my keeper league away from Yahoo, but I don't know if I will. I hate ESPN's platform. I'm in my first CBS league this year, and I really don't like it. Fantrax is the ultimate in customization, but their actual day-to-day format sucks. My favorite format (and the favorite of my leaguemates) is Yahoo, but this Oath stuff is irritating. 

• Like 2