Dugout Legend

2018 Fantasy Baseball Platform Central -- ESPN/Yahoo /CBS/Fantrax, etc..

I'm in multiple leagues at Yahoo, but never use their email.  If you like Yahoo fantasy,  but hate this policy, isn't that an option?

And I really am just asking, not being sarcastic or anything.  Am I missing something?

I got about 200 notifications today for the same trade offer sent to me on Yahoo.  I actually thought the dude was being a dbag and trying to get my attn at first lol

1 hour ago, RenegadeGM said:

I'm in multiple leagues at Yahoo, but never use their email.  If you like Yahoo fantasy,  but hate this policy, isn't that an option?

And I really am just asking, not being sarcastic or anything.  Am I missing something?

I don't use Yahoo email, either, but my Gmail account is tied to my Yahoo fantasy so I can get notifications for trades, waivers, message board posts, etc. And I don't trust that they will only use my Yahoo email account and ignore my Gmail account. 

5 hours ago, RenegadeGM said:

Yes that is an option email wise.  But I just happen to use a Yahoo email account for fantasy sports.  Other people use Gmail or Hotmail or whatever. 

[Side note:  I never ever use the Yahoo Sports Mail built into the Managers page because those emails just go once to a person and if you click reply 3 times out of 4 the reply never gets back to the original sender.  Several days later you will get an error message saying it was undeliverable and by that time the other guy will think you were being rude and ignored him and will have made a trade with someone else instead.  Anyway long way of saying I don't know if there is a pop-up using this "service" that hasn't worked right forever since I never use it.].

But if you use your cell phone app or have to sign back into your Yahoo account to reach your fantasy teams you get hit with this stuff.  And they make you re-sign into your Yahoo account what?  Once a month maybe?  And the ACCEPT this UNprivacy policy comes up all the time on the phone app.  I know.  I scroll down to the bottom of it every day and tap on "Later."  It's just part of my muscle memory now to use my phone app.

Like was mentioned, the email notices and account re-sign ins are fewer.  But the phone app pops up every single freaking time you open it.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

7 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

anybody having trouble accessing their team on ESPN?

been about 45 minutes or so now and can't access site

Yes ... I am having trouble with ESPN.go.com ...it is frozen 

telling me the soccer game is at 73 minutes

2 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Yes ... I am having trouble with ESPN.go.com ...it is frozen 

telling me the soccer game is at 73 minutes

yep gary, exact same thing

27 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

anybody having trouble accessing their team on ESPN?

been about 45 minutes or so now and can't access site

Yep, both on the app and via the web.

same here it was working when i left. then i got back and tried to reload it says espn didnt send any data. thats the only website that isn't working

ESPN fantasy seems to be down on both mobile and desktop. Tons of games start in 90 minutes. This is not acceptable.

• Like 4

Some IT people are having a really bad start to their weekend.

• Like 2

Not good enough. If this was football season it would have been fixed an hour ago.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

I guess all platforms have their issues. 

That is a known fact ...

Appears it's all of ESPN's site, not just the fantasy side.  Scoreboard still says Cubs & Reds are in the 4th inning.

19 minutes ago, 89Topps said:

Appears it's all of ESPN's site, not just the fantasy side.  Scoreboard still says Cubs & Reds are in the 4th inning.

The main headline for me is that Brazil just made it 1-2 and there's 17 minutes left...

About to enter hour 4 now. I've never had as many problems with ESPN as i've had this year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bravesfan155 said:

About to enter hour 4 now. I've never had as many problems with ESPN as i've had this year.

Yes Espn has had problems this season. Multiple times this season I've set my lineups and then go back later to check on my teams and somehow the lineups were not saved. This happened in multiple leagues. It hasn't happened in over a month though. What's going on right now is very unusual. I hope they didn't lose the data like they did about 12-14 years back and just have us restart the season lol

12 minutes ago, Bravesfan155 said:

This is what happens when you fire half your staff 

• Like 1

Same probs here with ESPN. Also having some weirdness with CBS Sports site. I don't play any fantasy baseball there, but I can't access player and team pages for MLB at the moment either. Odd. Maybe not just ESPN?