Dugout Legend

2018 Fantasy Baseball Platform Central -- ESPN/Yahoo /CBS/Fantrax, etc..

Wow so even the heavenly, perfect Fantrax having problems. Who knew that ever could happen.

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

Wow so even the heavenly, perfect Fantrax having problems. Who knew that ever could happen.

Lol. It sure gets a lot of hype here. I tried it this year, and I just don't like the platform. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

200w.webp

• Like 2

Hey its fixed. Easy peezy. Message I got from them about 12 minutes after sending in my issue.

There was a primary server outage but everything is back to normal. Our apologies for the inconvenience. This is not a normal occurrence by any means, and you can expect a perfectly stable platform going forward.

Thanks,
Dave
The Fantrax Team
Edited by Clubhouse Corner

CBS Says in their blurb by the player that both Alex Wood and Tyler Skaggs went on the DL Saturday, but neither player shows a DL or even the Red Cross next to their name so I can't make a move yet. Pretty annoying. 

On 8/4/2018 at 10:29 PM, Flyman75 said:

It's actually worse than that. If my player's game is scheduled for 6:00, but is called for rain at 5:00 (or anytime before the actual gametime), that player is locked in as soon as His game is listed as PPD on Yahoo. That drives me nuts. They shouldn't be locked in if the game is PPD'd...and definitely shouldn't locked in until that player's gametime at the very least. 

Are you trying to change your lineup via the app or the website?  This never happened to me on the website...

• Like 1

^  Yeah I agree about PPD games that happen way in advance of game time on Tahoo.  I can always move my players out of the line-up and others in in these cases just fine.  They just lock in at game time like normal, not before.  I can say that I don't remember whether I can do it both on the website and on the app though so maybe that could be the problem.  But I use both depending where I am and what I am doing so I don't think it is.

1 hour ago, posty said:

Are you trying to change your lineup via the app or the website?  This never happened to me on the website...

I've actually had it happen to me on both. Very frustrating. 

Happens time to time with Fantrax.  I set my lineups in the early AM without issues.  I've liked it there very much so far.  Good value and nice website that they've improved on already this year.  CBS is still the nicest but 10-team leagues are a newb fest where anyone can win.

I remember when people were defending the stupidity of the Yahoo/Ohtani thing earlier this year

Maybe this will be a very good thing for free fantasy baseball, finally. 

• Like 1

they should probably focus on making sure their platform actually works.

i swear this thing is broke more than it works.  it's failing to update yet AGAIN.  this is becoming a regular thing.

3 minutes ago, crotchcrickets said:

i swear this thing is broke more than it works.  it's failing to update yet AGAIN.  this is becoming a regular thing.

It's working just fine for me. 

4 hours ago, brockpapersizer said:

I remember when people were defending the stupidity of the Yahoo/Ohtani thing earlier this year

Wow maybe I'll finally become unbanned from the Yahoo forum for asking that NA slots actually work the way they were intended and that they promised they would.  And maybe the guy who banned me is out of a job tonight.  The wheels of justice turn slow but they do turn my friends ... haha.  B)

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, brockpapersizer said:

Maybe Ohtani will be 1 player and they will change the system to work giving stats like in fantasy nfl.

10 minutes ago, DJSatane said:

Maybe Ohtani will be 1 player and they will change the system to work giving stats like in fantasy nfl.

How are they going to decide on what person gets Ohtani in dynasty leagues where two different people have him rostered?

1 hour ago, posty said:

How are they going to decide on what person gets Ohtani in dynasty leagues where two different people have him rostered?

Same way they determine position eligibility’s for guys who miss a year. Random.

2 hours ago, posty said:

Dynasty leagues make up their own rules so it really doesn't matter how Yahoo decides in the end really.

Every dynasty I play in all had it pre-decided before last year's draft.  Either it was whichever one was drafted first or the "pitcher" Ohtani owner gets him.  And since the "pitcher" Ohtani aspect was viewed as having the best overall value, he went first anyway in all leagues.

So every person in my leagues that drafted "hitter" Ohtani knew he would only remain on their roster until Yahoo came up with a fix so drafted accordingly viewing "hitter" Ohtani as basically a re-draft type of player as in one and out.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
  • Like 1

On 8/6/2018 at 6:17 PM, crotchcrickets said:

Hyperbole. I rarely have Yahoo go down or fail to update. Very rarely. And I check my Yahoo league regularly throughout the day...read the chat...check on the website as well as the app. As often as I'm on Yahoo, I'm stunned by how many people have problems that I rarely have. 

Edited by Flyman75
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Flyman75 said:

Hyperbole. I rarely have Yahoo go down or fail to update. Very rarely. And I check my Yahoo league regularly throughout the day...read the chat...check on the website as well as the app. As often as I'm on Yahoo, I'm stunned by how many people have problems that I rarely have. 

Ditto.  I've been Yahoo's number one critic here for years.  But that has to do with NA slots and other issues.  I almost never have Yahoo go down or fail to update.  In that regard it is extremely reliable and stable.

• Like 1

Just wanted to give props (again) to onroto. Was reading something about Japanese P Yusei Kikuchi potentially signing this coming winter and wanted to double check before emailing the guys to see if they’d add him.

He was already in the database and could be added today.

I know each person/league has different needs. But if you’re in a deep keeper or dynasty, onroto is phenomenal. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Backdoor Slider said:

Just wanted to give props (again) to onroto. Was reading something about Japanese P Yusei Kikuchi potentially signing this coming winter and wanted to double check before emailing the guys to see if they’d add him.

He was already in the database and could be added today.

I know each person/league has different needs. But if you’re in a deep keeper or dynasty, onroto is phenomenal. 

I did a football league on there about 5 years ago.  The layout was like 1997 AOL and there wasn't an app. 

Why is it the best run sites have zero infrastructure? 

42 minutes ago, WahooManiac said:

I did a football league on there about 5 years ago.  The layout was like 1997 AOL and there wasn't an app. 

Why is it the best run sites have zero infrastructure? 

Still no app. I don’t get the need. Just as easy to open up safari. There’s a mobile version that functions like an app. 

Football is different. Not as much need for custom categories, no need for minor league players, etc. I could see just wanting to use a free site. 

But with baseball, you either want customization or you want a pretty layout and an app (not you, but the public). Those people who have apps also have 40+ pages of complaints here. I guess for my league, we don’t need “bells & whistles,” we have unique categories (not 5 x 5), custom rules, and a deep keeper league. So again, it’s about the needs of the league. But would NEVER run a keeper/dynasty on yahoo or ESPN.

Things Yahoo needs to change.

1. PPD problems.

-When a game is postponed it should NOT ever lock your players into your line up. If a game is PPD that means your players are not playing that day, you should be able to place them on the bench whenever. Currently Yahoo locks in the player at the games starting time even if it has been PPD. Lousy.

2. Should be able to switch in-game players to different positions if needed

Let's say you have a player with multi-pos eligibility starting at SS in an early game. He plays, but then later in the day you find out that your star OF is sitting tonight. On the bench you have a SS that is in the line up for a late game. You should be able to switch that first multi-pos eligible player to an OF position and then put in the bench SS.

This benefits the players that have multi-pos eligiblity and awards a fantasy manager for checking their team daily and making roster moves accordingly. 

Now you should NEVER be able to bench the player that had already started a game, but switching him to a different starting position should be fine. 

Let's be real -- many of us only have 1 or 2 bench bats so this move would help make use of them and not feel as if they are just dead weight. 

• Like 2