Dugout Legend

2018 Fantasy Baseball Platform Central -- ESPN/Yahoo /CBS/Fantrax, etc..

51 minutes ago, CrypTviLL said:

2. Should be able to switch in-game players to different positions if needed

Let's say you have a player with multi-pos eligibility starting at SS in an early game. He plays, but then later in the day you find out that your star OF is sitting tonight. On the bench you have a SS that is in the line up for a late game. You should be able to switch that first multi-pos eligible player to an OF position and then put in the bench SS.

This benefits the players that have multi-pos eligiblity and awards a fantasy manager for checking their team daily and making roster moves accordingly. 

Now you should NEVER be able to bench the player that had already started a game, but switching him to a different starting position should be fine. 

Let's be real -- many of us only have 1 or 2 bench bats so this move would help make use of them and not feel as if they are just dead weight.

Disagree totally.  All those moves would be totally unfair.  Go join a league with deeper rosters but don't dumb down moving players around like that.  Moving players to different positions after they start a game is no bueno in my book.

Anyone else having problems with ESPN tonight? The player profiles are messed up and i can't add anyone from the WW.

On 8/6/2018 at 5:53 PM, brockpapersizer said:

I remember when people were defending the stupidity of the Yahoo/Ohtani thing earlier this year

Maybe this will be a very good thing for free fantasy baseball, finally. 

Their fresh ideas should be to ditch the free version, create something better and then charge users to use their service and then use the money to enhance the platform.  Until something is no longer free, it will not be any better - it will just be a different look but still junk.

Charge the user $$$, Yahoo.

48 minutes ago, Clubhouse Corner said:

Their fresh ideas should be to ditch the free version, create something better and then charge users to use their service and then use the money to enhance the platform.  Until something is no longer free, it will not be any better - it will just be a different look but still junk.

Free fantasy sports is a "gateway" for people to come to Yahoo.  Suddenly charging people for what they have gotten free for years would drive 99% of them away in droves and right over to ESPN -- also totally free --- instead.  Me included.  And ESPN would welcome us all with open arms.  Worst business plan Yahoo could possibly do. 

Yahoo is now part of a mega-media conglomerate that has billions and billions and billions of dollars.  They don't in the least need to suddenly charge anything to improve the platform.  To suddenly nickel and dime people who are used to playing for free is shooting themselves in the foot.

And yes it can get better when free. It is free to attract people to Yahoo so the better the service the more that come.  This mega-corp wants cyber foot traffic.  Not charging some silly fee for some fantasy game.  They make their money on traffic numbers to up their ad revenue which is where money is made on these sites online.  They chase away the 99% who play for free they will have just flunked Business 101.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Free fantasy sports is a "gateway" for people to come to Yahoo.  Suddenly charging people for what they have gotten free for years would drive 99% of them away in droves and right over to ESPN -- also totally free --- instead.  Me included.  And ESPN would welcome us all with open arms.  Worst business plan Yahoo could possibly do. 

Yahoo is now part of a mega-media conglomerate that has billions and billions and billions of dollars.  They don't in the least need to suddenly charge anything to improve the platform.  To suddenly nickel and dime people who are used to playing for free is shooting themselves in the foot.

And yes it can get better when free. It is free to attract people to Yahoo so the better the service the more that come.  This mega-corp wants cyber foot traffic.  Not charging some silly fee for some fantasy game.  They make their money on traffic numbers to up their ad revenue which is where money is made on these sites online.  They chase away the 99% who play for free they will have just flunked Business 101.

Fair enough. I just simply meant it as you get what you pay for. I guess typically,  to me, free is less than something paid for. I was not referencing the business side of it, making money and business 101. I was just simply saying they should 100000000% improve their product and I'd think with service thats paid for, comes a service thats better or upgraded.

Anyway - I digress. I see some of your points though.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Clubhouse Corner said:

Fair enough. I just simply meant it as you get what you pay for. I guess typically,  to me, free is less than something paid for. I was not referencing the business side of it, making money and business 101. I was just simply saying they should 100000000% improve their product and I'd think with service thats paid for, comes a service thats better or upgraded.

Anyway - I digress. I see some of your points though.

I dont mind paying money for a good product. Dont see how my deep dynasty could survive on yahoo or espn. $5 a person or whatever it comes out to, not a big deal.  Would be great if there were options as good for free, but $5 is hardly setting me back and its worth my entertainment. 

9 hours ago, Clubhouse Corner said:

The problem I see even if a site charges money for fantasy users to use, I believe over 95+% of users will find something to bitch about. It seems we as a whole love to bitch. 

• Like 2

On 8/18/2018 at 1:24 AM, Clubhouse Corner said:

Join Yahoo Pro leagues or Yahoo money leagues? That seems to solve your problem, right?

On 8/18/2018 at 9:58 AM, Bravesfan155 said:

Anyone else having problems with ESPN tonight? The player profiles are messed up and i can't add anyone from the WW.

I seem to be having trouble tonight on desktop computer. Mobile app seems to be working fine. On desktop players won't show up in the WW. Can't click blurbs. And even clicking FantasyCast opens up a new tab in Firefox, not the pop-up window that it usually does.

Oddly, no problems on ESPN football league sites, just baseball. That makes it even weirder.

Edited by k.k.
addition

2 minutes ago, k.k. said:

I seem to be having trouble tonight on desktop computer. Mobile app seems to be working fine. On desktop players won't show up in the WW. Can't click blurbs. And even clicking FantasyCast opens up a new tab in Firefox, not the pop-up window that it usually does.

Oddly, no problems on ESPN football league sites, just baseball. That makes it even weirder.

Yes, I've been having issues for about an hour now. Looks like something happened to their site code...

8 minutes ago, Fantasy Baseball Geek said:

Yes, I've been having issues for about an hour now. Looks like something happened to their site code...

Seems to be okay now for me, as of the last few minutes.

ESPN's ADD/DROP section of Fantasy Baseball seems to be messed up on desktop still. Can't add anyone as of 3 minutes ago. Tried Safari and Firefox so I don't think its my computer

Edit: And of course it's fixed as of 30 seconds later. Sorry to waste everyones time

Edited by yeah!magnets!

11 minutes ago, nygiantsfan913 said:

anyone else having issues on espn. i have a league member that messaged me saying he cant make any moves or lineup changes

Not I

4 minutes ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Has anyone else not received credit for the Hildenberger save on Yahoo!? 

I just did. Looks like they were a bit late on it. 

On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 1:34 PM, nygiantsfan913 said:

anyone else having issues on espn. i have a league member that messaged me saying he cant make any moves or lineup changes

Espn won't load on my phone but works on my computer?

Anyone can help re tie breakers in Yahoo in case two teams have the same record within the division? I thought it was the number of categories won in the last matchup but that doesn't seem to be the case. WHIR and thanks in advance.

2 hours ago, Scaramanga said:

Anyone can help re tie breakers in Yahoo in case two teams have the same record within the division? I thought it was the number of categories won in the last matchup but that doesn't seem to be the case. WHIR and thanks in advance.

@Scaramanga

Does this have what you need?

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/fantasy-baseball/sln6212.html

When does Fantrax playoffs start?  I imagine there's 2 weeks of playoffs between the 4 playoff teams only?  There are a total of 4 fantasy weeks left.  So just 2 more weeks to decide the playoff teams?

30 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

When does Fantrax playoffs start?  I imagine there's 2 weeks of playoffs between the 4 playoff teams only?  There are a total of 4 fantasy weeks left.  So just 2 more weeks to decide the playoff teams?

All private leagues on all platforms usually give the commish the option to set the playoff format.  Look under your League > Settings menu or it's equivalent on Fantrax or ask your commish directly.

38 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

All private leagues on all platforms usually give the commish the option to set the playoff format.  Look under your League > Settings menu or it's equivalent on Fantrax or ask your commish directly.

It's actually a public league setup by Fantrax, so just their standard rules nothing custom.  Not sure why I was being such a newb and didn't just pull up the rules.  Thanks

The playoffs are actually 3 weeks long so this is the last week before playoffs.  6 teams qualify and 3 teams get paid.   Top 2 seeds get a bye in the first round of playoffs.

This is such an amateur question. When I read player outlooks and see “mixed league”, is this referring to a fantasy league that has both the NL and AL? 

That’s what I’ve been assuming all year. Lol, sorry for the noob question.