Dugout Legend

2018 Fantasy Baseball Platform Central -- ESPN/Yahoo /CBS/Fantrax, etc..

2 hours ago, GeauxLSU said:

This is such an amateur question. When I read player outlooks and see “mixed league”, is this referring to a fantasy league that has both the NL and AL? 

That’s what I’ve been assuming all year. Lol, sorry for the noob question.

Yeah that is what it means though it is a really outdated term since probably 95 to 99% of all leagues are all of baseball.  So it is understandable that you weren't sure since "standard league" would be a more appropriate term.  And we all were "noobs" at one time or the other so don't ever hesitant to ask questions here.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Yeah that is what it means though it is a really outdated term since probably 95 to 99% of all leagues are all of baseball.  So it is understandable that you weren't sure since "standard league" would be a more appropriate term.  And we all were "noobs" at one time or the other so don't ever hesitant to ask questions here.

Thanks man! I appreciate it it. 

Edit: I find it a interesting that there are leagues that only play AL/NL. Makes me think of my dad and his utter disdain for the AL & the DH. When the Yankees were dominating, he’d get mad and blame it on the DH rule.

Edited by GeauxLSU

It would be great if yahoo what send you notifications to your phone every time there was an add/drop in your league.  My one league has no waiver wire. As soon as someone is dropped he is eligible to be picked up immediately after. It forces you to really keep track of the adds and drops

3 hours ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

It would be great if yahoo what send you notifications to your phone every time there was an add/drop in your league.  My one league has no waiver wire. As soon as someone is dropped he is eligible to be picked up immediately after. It forces you to really keep track of the adds and drops

Ok yahoo admins, if you're looking,  let's make this an OPTION not a standard.  My yahoo league has over 1K moves so far,  this would make me quit fantasy lol

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

You need to get the commish to change the rules to a waivers option.  You can set waivers to only one day if the commish wants quick turnarounds without the insanity of no waivers.

I'm in a Yahoo dynasty league where the commish has NO WAIVERS through the mini re-draft and then starts waivers the next day so they can change the waivers setting after the season starts. 

Note:  The NO WAIVERS turns the post re-draft in that league into the California gold rush with everyone bailing while the last person who had the most drops finishes off their last picks and everyone sits at MY TEAM page and refreshes every 2 seconds until the remaining FA players are freed up.  Then the next morning there are regular waivers in place.  Every commish has their "thing" going on. 

(Well not "everyone" uses this feature.  Despite me posting it on the message board there are several laid back types that never get it and correct their holding on to some piker they could quickly drop for a better player still available after the mini-redraft).

11 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

You need to get the commish to change the rules to a waivers option.  You can set waivers to only one day if the commish wants quick turnarounds without the insanity of no waivers.

I'm in a Yahoo dynasty league where the commish has NO WAIVERS through the mini re-draft and then starts waivers the next day so they can change the waivers setting after the season starts. 

Note:  The NO WAIVERS turns the post re-draft in that league into the California gold rush with everyone bailing while the last person who had the most drops finishes off their last picks and everyone sits at MY TEAM page and refreshes every 2 seconds until the remaining FA players are freed up.  Then the next morning there are regular waivers in place.  Every commish has their "thing" going on. 

(Well not "everyone" uses this feature.  Despite me posting it on the message board there are several laid back types that never get it and correct their holding on to some piker they could quickly drop for a better player still available after the mini-redraft).

Ya its very odd. I've been playing fantasy baseball for years and this is the only league that uses the "no waiver" method. Its fun in a way. Trades also go through immediately once someone accepts. Your traded players are available to be used right away (the commish can ultimately overturn the trade barring collusion). This league is almost like a novelty but we all embrace its weirdness. 

1 hour ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

Ya its very odd. I've been playing fantasy baseball for years and this is the only league that uses the "no waiver" method. Its fun in a way. Trades also go through immediately once someone accepts. Your traded players are available to be used right away (the commish can ultimately overturn the trade barring collusion). This league is almost like a novelty but we all embrace its weirdness. 

Oh I agree the commish approving trades is the best way.  You get your players right away.  It takes up to 4 or 5 days the very fastest to get players in a trade where the league can veto.

I was in a league with no waivers for 4 or 5 years and it was crazy.  And not very fair.  Those of us who had access to computers during the day could check frequently but others who  didn't work in that type of environment where computers were handy were screwed.  (Pre cell phone "app" days).  But I'm happy not to have to do that stuff anymore.  I just prefer the short but still only a mere one day waivers for my own sanity.

The Yahoo setting I like best in one day waivers plus secret bidding option.  If you bid no money it works like regular waivers seeding.  But if you really want a player and are worried others will want him too you can place a bid in your waivers claim so it gives you a chance to not be a slave to waiver seeding if you really want a guy.

• Like 1

Anyone else missing points from last night's LAA-OAK game at CBS?

Illegal rosters were not the issue.......

The Marlins and Pirates have a makeup game scheduled for Monday October 1rst. does anyone know if the stats for this game will count towards the standings in a Yahoo roto league? or will the Yahoo fantasy season end on Sunday 9/30/18? 

2 hours ago, Vulmear said:

The Marlins and Pirates have a makeup game scheduled for Monday October 1rst. does anyone know if the stats for this game will count towards the standings in a Yahoo roto league? or will the Yahoo fantasy season end on Sunday 9/30/18? 

Once the Pirates are eliminated from the wild card chase perhaps the game will be cancelled since it won't have any impact on the standings.

• Like 2

On 8/28/2018 at 12:30 AM, GeauxLSU said:

This is such an amateur question. When I read player outlooks and see “mixed league”, is this referring to a fantasy league that has both the NL and AL? 

That’s what I’ve been assuming all year. Lol, sorry for the noob question.

Yes, that's what it means. And no worries on the noob question. Good to see another LSU fan on here :). 

On 8/28/2018 at 7:43 AM, GeauxLSU said:

Thanks man! I appreciate it it. 

Edit: I find it a interesting that there are leagues that only play AL/NL. Makes me think of my dad and his utter disdain for the AL & the DH. When the Yankees were dominating, he’d get mad and blame it on the DH rule.

I"ve played in a few "Only" leagues, and it is a VERY different strategy. 

6 hours ago, Vulmear said:

What Shot Porch said.  Also if it was played it wouldn't be counted.  You can't move the date markers past Sept 30th to set line-ups.  There is no October 1st in Yahoo baseball land.

• Like 1

Does anyone know how the ESPN standard tiebreaker rules apply? We had a dispute in our league after a 6-6 semifinals game tie. We do a H2H scoring each category (not W-L of each week). We assumed one team would advance for winning more regular season categories against the other team, but that wasn’t the case.

8 hours ago, InfieldSingle said:

Does anyone know how the ESPN standard tiebreaker rules apply? We had a dispute in our league after a 6-6 semifinals game tie. We do a H2H scoring each category (not W-L of each week). We assumed one team would advance for winning more regular season categories against the other team, but that wasn’t the case.

I don't play there but each platform has some Settings page and the tie breaker info is usually posted there.  Unless the commish changes the options it is the default that will be listed.

Do tie breaker games count as regular season games?  I have a bunch of Rockies, Cards in my lineup. Is it possible I could get some bonus games?

32 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

No they do NOT count.  Plus they are past the expiration date when platforms shut down collecting stats.

They most certainly DO count as regular season games.

From wiki

For statistical purposes, one-game playoffs are considered part of the regular season. The result of the playoff is included in the regular season standings and individual player statistics are included along with the statistics for the rest of the season. One significant playoff-like deviation from normal regular season games in force as of 2007 is that six-man umpire crews are used (as opposed to the four-man crews of the regular season).[3] Also, television broadcasting rights for all are negotiated by MLB - since 2012, the network owning the rights to the Wild Card Game for a particular league has also had the rights to any tiebreaker(s) that might occur in that league.

Now, do they count towards your fantasy leagues stats? That's up to your league's rules. 

1 hour ago, murraygd13 said:

Do tie breaker games count as regular season games?  I have a bunch of Rockies, Cards in my lineup. Is it possible I could get some bonus games?

Unless you play in some custom onroto or fantrax league,  i don't believe any major fantasy sites will count these games

[Tie-breaker game discussion merged with the platform thread, as the answers are likely to vary by platform.]

2 hours ago, Junkie Cosmonaut said:

They most certainly DO count as regular season games.

This is a fantasy baseball site and I took his question as such.  So again, no, they do not count as part of the regular ROTO season because the fantasy baseball platforms end on September 30th.

Does anyone recall if Yahoo roto leagues lets you go past the innings cap as long as all your pitchers are going for that day or will all of the pitchers be locked once you hit the limit on gameday?  I only have 3 innings left going into tomorrow and I am thinking of streaming multiple pitchers.