Dugout Legend

2018 Fantasy Baseball Platform Central -- ESPN/Yahoo /CBS/Fantrax, etc..

On 1/25/2018 at 11:02 PM, misterf said:

Well,seems unlikely that Yahoo will open today.......looks like my hunch was wrong.......hopefully they wont make us wait too much longer.

Apparently their cowardly decision to take the easy way out and treat hitter-Ohtani and pitcher-Ohtani as two completely different players this season really  pushed back  their schedule this year.

Patiently waiting....

On 1/25/2018 at 8:18 PM, shakestreet said:

ESPN has the best fantasy site. ———- 

If their baseball site is anything like their football site...no. I'm not a fan at all. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

If their baseball site is anything like their football site...no. I'm not a fan at all. 

Same with basketball. They haven't made any improvements in 8 yrs ive used them.

• Like 1

Stumbled across this on Reddit. Guess we're looking at early February for Yahoo leagues this year.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Pitches Love Velocity said:

Stumbled across this on Reddit. Guess we're looking at early February for Yahoo leagues this year.

Thanks.  One of the things Yahoo users liked is that it usually opened more than a little ahead of the other platforms.  Way to screw up, Yahoo.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Thanks.  One of the things Yahoo users liked is that it usually opened more than a little ahead of the other platforms.  Way to screw up, Yahoo.

^^^^ Exactly

Really hoping Yahoo adds the ability to track salaries in a reliable way for keeper auction leagues.

6 minutes ago, rando said:

Really hoping Yahoo adds the ability to track salaries in a reliable way for keeper auction leagues.

Keep dreamin

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Legend said:

Free money for any platform engineer reading this....

Make three way trade offers a possibility.

I don't know too much behind the coding of it, but I'd imagine it isn't *that* hard relative to other tasks....

I mean they have the trading framework already with 2 teams... just update it for a third team with the same sort of code.

Ah well.

As far as the Yahoo open date... be patient ya'll... it's only January, I know many of you guys have big time dynasty and keeper league, but let's cut some slack here. I'd rather a good updated finished product then a rushed one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Legend said:

I agree, it would be nice but it's probably not something a large percentage of users are clamoring for. Especially when the work around is pretty easy - have the commissioner manually push the trade.

Edited by fletch44

2 hours ago, The Legend said:

It's hard enough making a deal with one team let alone 2. OnRoto has this option and we did not use it once when we were there for a year.

4 hours ago, rando said:

LOL.  If they can't let you keep prospect slots active from year to year they aren't going to get around to this.

3 hours ago, CrypTviLL said:

As far as the Yahoo open date... be patient ya'll... it's only January, I know many of you guys have big time dynasty and keeper league, but let's cut some slack here. I'd rather a good updated finished product then a rushed one.

Good updated product?!?!  Where did you get this from?  They are just busy splitting Ohtani into two Ohtanis while other platforms have already found a way to keep Ohtani one player. 

And one of their perks was they were always the first platform to open each season.  If it is taking them all this extra time to split Ohtani in two there will be no updates. 

There never are any updates except cosmetic ones which always turn out horrible then people have to petition them to return to something that looks decent and they finally give in after a year of posturing and bragging about how their unicorns and rainbows new design looks so uber cool because people don't give up and keep the backlash coming until they are finally forced to cave. 

I can only remember one update all these years worth while where the rankings will now track both pre-season and in season based on the categories you have in a specific league so you can judge the value of your players in each league separately and accurately.  I salute that upgrade.  A league with standard 5 x 5 gives way in a league with 7 x 7 say to the 7 x 7 category standards.  That was really helpful and I do thank them for it. 

I have a love/hate relationship with Yahoo so I will criticize and praise them at the same time because they deserve praise for what they do well and deserve criticism for their endless screw-ups and failed promises.

To wit:  I've been waiting 6 years now for the fix they promised above regards allowing us to keep our prospects in dynasty.  One they promised to fix by the second year and never have.  Just make the NA slots permanent like the active roster slots.  How hard it that?  That is it.  Six freaking years and endless broken promises later and still nothing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

To wit:  I've been waiting 6 years now for the fix they promised above regards allowing us to keep our prospects in dynasty.  One they promised to fix by the second year and never have.  Just make the NA slots permanent like the active roster slots.  How hard it that?  That is it.  Six freaking years and endless broken promises later and still nothing.

I wish they'd make NA slots permanent, too. I run a keeper league, and I'd like to offer the ability to keep prospects from one year to the next, as well. Not really a dynasty set-up, thought. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Legend said:

Fantrax

16 hours ago, Triple Short Of a Cycle said:

CBS is down so looks like they will be the first to launch sometime today

Well, CBS still down.....haven't been able to access my Keeper League all day......and it's now almost midnight on the west coast.

So, it looks like wishful thinking to hope that the shutdown means they are about to open....seems more likely that they are having some sort of problem

1 hour ago, misterf said:

Well, CBS still down.....haven't been able to access my Keeper League all day......and it's now almost midnight on the west coast.

So, it looks like wishful thinking to hope that the shutdown means they are about to open....seems more likely that they are having some sort of problem

Yahoo only shutdown for a week or two last year so they could do their stat updates and load the new database of prospects into the system.  I assume CBS is doing the same updates adding 2018 columns etc and loading prospects as well as updating their new rankings going into this season.  That can't be done in a day.

16 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

I have a love/hate relationship with Yahoo so I will criticize and praise them at the same time because they deserve praise for what they do well and deserve criticism for their endless screw-ups and failed promises.

g.

I remember reading last year (it was last year?) yahoo revoked your posting privileges. Have they been returned?

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, phatrat said:

Fantrax

First time I am using fantrax in the RW mock draft #3 and I like what I am seeing in this mock.

I will be joining a couple of those classic draft when we get closer to the season.

I laughed at a couple of those dollar leagues that want to draft in February.  makes no sense to me. 

Maybe I can find and establish league on fantrax that needs an owner....

I started playing this game when we had to mail our lineup ... it had to postmarked on a Friday to count for the next week.

I started with yahoo, played on that site for 4/5 years mixed & match a couple of fleaflicker/CBS leagues along the way .. then I found the old espn forum, found some great leagues/owners ... who played on espn . ESPN is the best .. everything is so easy right at my fingertips .

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Yahoo only shutdown for a week or two last year so they could do their stat updates and load the new database of prospects into the system.  I assume CBS is doing the same updates adding 2018 columns etc and loading prospects as well as updating their new rankings going into this season.  That can't be done in a day.

(actually, @The Big Bat Theory said this......I originally "quoted" the wrong post)

My recollection is that CBS usually gave us a head's up whenever they would be shutting down for updates and/or maintenance.......and most of those times I think the shutdowns were only for a few hours in the middle of the night........I don't recall them ever being shut down for an extended period of time (i.e. a full day+), expecially without a notification of some kind.....

........I could be  wrong, though.......maybe it does take them a day or two (or more) to update before opening each year and I just never noticed.....or I forgot.

But I have had access to my keeper league the entire off-season, so this is by no means a complaint, just an observation.

Edited by misterf

29 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

I remember reading last year (it was last year?) yahoo revoked your posting privileges. Have they been returned?

If so can you try and return incognito as "Mr. NA".

• Haha 1

Come on, Yahoo. We're getting anxious.

Does anyone remember if YPL's were available immediately last year? I know a couple of years ago they weren't, and it was a mess. I believe they actually opened after Opening Day, but it might have been when they were trying to get into the DFS game. 

Edited by MugsyBogues