nupshah

Rate my squad in 12-Team League. WHIR!

How does my squad look - 12-Team points league  (some insight on partial scoring 3 = 4Pts; St & Blk = 3Pts; Ast = 2Pts; Pt = .5Pts; Reb = 1.5; TO = -1Pts)

Roster Positions: G, G, G, F, F, F, C, Util, Util, Util, BN, BN, BN, IL, IL

Field Goals Attempted (FGA) -0.45
Field Goals Made (FGM) 1.0
Free Throws Attempted (FTA) -0.75
Free Throws Made (FTM) 1.0
3-point Shots Attempted (3PTA) -1
3-point Shots Made (3PTM) 3
Points Scored (PTS) 0.5
Total Rebounds (REB) 1.5
Assists (AST) 2.0
Steals (ST) 3.0
Blocked Shots (BLK) 3.0
Turnovers (TO) -1.0
Ejections (EJCT) -3
Double-Doubles (DD) 5
Triple-Doubles (TD) 10
Ball in YO LANE
1. (9) John Wall (Was - G)
2. (16) Draymond Green (GS - F,C)
3. (33) Nikola Vucevic (Orl - F,C)
4. (40) Paul Millsap (Den - F,C)
5. (57) Devin Booker (Pho - G)
6. (64) Patrick Beverley (LAC - G)
7. (81) Aaron Gordon (Orl - F)
8. (88) James Johnson (Mia - F)
9. (105) Kent Bazemore (Atl - G,F)
10. (112) Josh Richardson (Mia - G,F)
11. (129) Rondae Hollis-Jefferson (Bkn - F)
12. (136) JaMychal Green (Mem - F)
13. (153) Taurean Prince (Atl - F)

I feel like i made a mistake with Booker but not sure who else to take at that point.. Rubio, DLo were gone, i needed a G.

I really don't hate Booker there. I think yuor team looks really good. Wall will hurt you a bit in TOs but he is an absolute beast. I think this year is going to be Aaron Gordon's year. Vecevic and Milsap should get you plenty of DDs.

All in all solid for a 12 teamer.

Thanks for mine

1 minute ago, Billy Ball Crusher said:

I really don't hate Booker there. I think yuor team looks really good. Wall will hurt you a bit in TOs but he is an absolute beast. I think this year is going to be Aaron Gordon's year. Vecevic and Milsap should get you plenty of DDs.

All in all solid for a 12 teamer.

Thanks for mine

Thanks.. I picked Wall because my league Admin lowered TO from -2 last year to -1. I hope Wall puts up beastly #s as people are predicting him to.

1 minute ago, nupshah said:

Thanks.. I picked Wall because my league Admin lowered TO from -2 last year to -1. I hope Wall puts up beastly #s as people are predicting him to.

I would love Wall but where I was I could go Boogie and Lebron on the flip around and SF is more swallow of a position than PG.

I’m not used to points league scoring so it makes it a bit harder for me to evaluate, but looking at your team I think the only category you might struggle a bit with is blocks, but even then you should be able to compete as you have a few 1/1/1 guys and Wall gets decent blocks for a PG

3 minutes ago, misterj said:

I’m not used to points league scoring so it makes it a bit harder for me to evaluate, but looking at your team I think the only category you might struggle a bit with is blocks, but even then you should be able to compete as you have a few 1/1/1 guys and Wall gets decent blocks for a PG

Points league will mesh all that together into one ## at the end of the game...Basically Wall's last season's per game Avg was 46.xx with only diff being that TOs were worth -2.

I hope my 1-1-1 guys come through as I was targeting them and luckily getting them late in the draft.

Wow, rebounds are worth so much compared to the rest? Should've been 1.0 instead of 1.5 I think. FTA/FTM also a bit skewed. I like your Ast/3pt/steals though, will net you loads of points. You seem weak in pts/blks/reb/to. I like your last 4 picks :)

booker was a good pick with your settings. Though big men will be worth their weight in gold with these settings... might cause you to struggle depending on how others fared.

I think you have a very solid team. The only concern I'll probably have is threes since you only have Booker (or even Baze to an extent) as your legitimate shooter. But for now, just hold and see how your team goes after the first few weeks

Thanks for your help!

54 minutes ago, Alseca said:

Wow, rebounds are worth so much compared to the rest? Should've been 1.0 instead of 1.5 I think. FTA/FTM also a bit skewed. I like your Ast/3pt/steals though, will net you loads of points. You seem weak in pts/blks/reb/to. I like your last 4 picks :)

booker was a good pick with your settings. Though big men will be worth their weight in gold with these settings... might cause you to struggle depending on how others fared.

This scoring has been adjusted for past few years and is just about perfected now.

Scored 2pt FG = 1.55 Fan pts Missed = -.45

Scored 3pt FG = 4.05 Fan pts Missed = -1.45

So in that regards rebounds are a match...

This scoring is basically even, and as long as the player plays well and doesn't hurt his NBA team with bad %, our league will reward them.

I like the Wall pick at 9. I am a little worried about the correlation of Gordon and Vucevic. If Gordon breaks out I think it is from the boards, and that is going to be at Vuc's expense. Same with Milsap and Jokic. But overall those guys are going to touch other cats to lift your points. Fine with Booker at 5. Like your late round defensive upside and I think RHJ is sneaky double doubles. Pat Bev is really the only pick I don't like. I am really concerned about his role with Rivers, Lou WIll, Teodosic all eating into the backcourt minutes. I think you should play it out before tweaking your roster too much. 

48 minutes ago, thezing1 said:

I like the Wall pick at 9. I am a little worried about the correlation of Gordon and Vucevic. If Gordon breaks out I think it is from the boards, and that is going to be at Vuc's expense. Same with Milsap and Jokic. But overall those guys are going to touch other cats to lift your points. Fine with Booker at 5. Like your late round defensive upside and I think RHJ is sneaky double doubles. Pat Bev is really the only pick I don't like. I am really concerned about his role with Rivers, Lou WIll, Teodosic all eating into the backcourt minutes. I think you should play it out before tweaking your roster too much. 

Great insight...exactly what i was expecting.

My take on Pat Bev was that he just needs a little on-court time to produce as he will be a good source for 3 and D.

We will see... but thanks!

18 minutes ago, johnnymills1 said:

on paper your team looks really good! I think you are set up for some success

http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/677242-rate-my-team-whir/

Thanks!! I am not sure if I should go for HOT WW in a first couple of weeks of just hang on to my team for ~month or so before making any changes.

Edited by nupshah

You have a nice team, I'd say. Especially in a points league setting, these guys should take you to the POs. I wouldn't worry so much about Booker, either; he tends to shine in points leagues.