Sign in to follow this  
SadFaceHappy

What's the worst trade offer you've received (or offered) so far this year?

5 minutes ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

talented guy in a strong offense getting 12ish carries per game, with studly red zone chops. it's a long season, there is still nice upside. 

plus, when you firmly plant a flag next to a guy... it's tough to swallow pride and move on. especially for Jarvis Landry (love the targets... but this is a standard league)... and Allen who has never wowed me. 

but uhh.... back to insulting trade offers!

Don’t knock for you for turning that down. I own Landry in standard and hate every second of it. And Gilly is definitely a clear upgrade over Buck imo

Last week (6), I was struggling to find a QB in my league with Mariota injured (or so I thought). Someone offered me Tyrod Taylor for my Tevin Coleman. 

Two issues:

1. Taylor was on bye.

2. The trade itself is bad.

I picked up McCown off FA as a streamer and rode his 20 points to a W. I don't think it was halfway serious, but still.

I also received an offer of Jalen Richard for my Tevin Coleman. It seemed like a joke, especially when he said "bench for bench."

21 hours ago, dawgburt2000 said:

I offered Fournette and Watkins for Bell after week 3, which wasn’t a terrible trade IMO. What’s terrible is the package he accepted for Bell instead: Chris Thompson and Stefon Diggs. For Leveon Bell, not Joique.

What's wrong with that? He took the better offer. 

10 hours ago, Rizzle630 said:

Your offer sucks too. Lesean McCoy is a top 5 back despite what you've heard. Doug Martin still has things to prove before I am trading LeSean McCoy for him and 2 handcuffs from the same team.

Thanks for your input.

Martin has looked good in his two games and McCoy has struggled outside of week 1.  There are more weapons on the Bucs that don't allow defenses to stack the box, there is no one else to fear on Buffalo now that Clay is out and if there was they would probably trade them away.

I think McCoy > Martin ROS but I sent the offer over after Elliot was suspended and since his other option at RB is Gore I figured he could use the security of having Morris and DMC if the suspension stuck.

The point is my offer may have benefited me but it helped him, his offer did nothing for me. 

On 10/17/2017 at 12:25 PM, dawgburt2000 said:

I offered Fournette and Watkins for Bell after week 3, which wasn’t a terrible trade IMO. What’s terrible is the package he accepted for Bell instead: Chris Thompson and Stefon Diggs. For Leveon Bell, not Joique.

Huh? Wow. Insane

I play in 35 leagues - I get laughable bad offers on a daily basis.

in a 2 qb league someone offered me leveon for Dak, Freeman, Chris Hogan

Someone offered me devante Parker and alshon for my mike Evans 

Jay Ajayi and Alshon for my Kareem hunt

My dez Bryant and tyreek hill for

michael thomas

My mark Ingram for matt ryan 

That's just today. 

1 minute ago, CrastersCreep said:

I play in 35 leagues - I get laughable bad offers on a daily basis.

in a 2 qb league someone offered me leveon for Dak, Freeman, Chris Hogan

Someone offered me devante Parker and alshon for my mike Evans 

Jay Ajayi and Alshon for my Kareem hunt

My dez Bryant and tyreek hill for

michael thomas

My mark Ingram for matt ryan 

That's just today. 

better than the deals ive been getting offered in my leagues....

On 10/17/2017 at 9:56 AM, Robrain said:

Nah, nowhere close.  Brady has name value for a reason.  Gronk's still alive at this point, so the name value holds.  Would depend how bad the Hunt owner was hurting at the QB position, and whether or not he had depth at RB/WR.  But a normal counter-offer would simply be to tack on either a WR or RB to the Brady side of the equation.  Simple.

Huh!? What one player would make that an even trade? Even if you added Leveon the Brady/Levon side is still winning pretty big imo. In a 2 qb league that sort of makes sense.

On 10/17/2017 at 10:06 AM, Robrain said:

Would depend on the WR.  Some leagues only have to start 2 WRs, and you can use a RB or TE in your FLEX, or the other way around if you have 2 solid RBs behind Hunt.  If you have a solid 2 WRs behind Hopkins, and your QB situation is in the toilet, I'd work something out with the Brady owner for sure.  Would also depend on QB scoring settings for the league - if it's 6 points per passing TD, no-brainer to take home Brady if you've got good depth elsewhere.

Are you trolling? 

1 minute ago, CrastersCreep said:

Dak for Hyde seems very fair?

Who would ever trade the #6 RB for the #5 QB unless it's like a 3 QB league lol.

3 minutes ago, Queso said:

Who would ever trade the #6 RB for the #5 QB unless it's like a 3 QB league lol.

On a per game basis Dak is #3 - and with Rodgers down it seems reasonable. I guess I didn't realize Hyde was the #6 rb.

23 minutes ago, CrastersCreep said:

Huh!? What one player would make that an even trade? Even if you added Leveon the Brady/Levon side is still winning pretty big imo. In a 2 qb league that sort of makes sense.

Depends on scoring settings and depends on format, and depends on the depth you already are rocking at those positions.  Sometimes you have a superflous amount of RBs or WRs, and it absolutely makes sense to move one of your studs in order to get an across-the-board upgrade at a different position.

23 minutes ago, CrastersCreep said:

Seems ok??

Thanks selfishly included it on here to see if anyone thought that was crazy ... my league commissioner won't let us make this trade ... says I'm giving up too many starters don't understand ... feel like it's spot on 

19 minutes ago, Irish bayou said:

Thanks selfishly included it on here to see if anyone thought that was crazy ... my league commissioner won't let us make this trade ... says I'm giving up too many starters don't understand ... feel like it's spot on 

Yeah I see no problem with it, at all - what's the commish saying exactly?

I got via text:

“How about...Ty Montgomery”

”No never mind not Ty, James White, and someone on my bench for Kareem?”

Edited by Ace Rothstein

1 hour ago, CrastersCreep said:

Yeah I see no problem with it, at all - what's the commish saying exactly?

"J the only problem that ****and ****are having with the trade right now is that you're giving up three starters for one it needs to be more of an even doubt deal it's hard for us to approve a 3-1 trade like that. ....."

this is a 12 team .5ppr money league .  They're still discussing it they say ...I think they feel the the Bell owner is getting too many good players ( I think he's the most valuable piece in fantasy n easily worth some wr2's and Doug Martin ) cmon man... what do I do here?

11 minutes ago, Irish bayou said:

"J the only problem that ****and ****are having with the trade right now is that you're giving up three starters for one it needs to be more of an even doubt deal it's hard for us to approve a 3-1 trade like that. ....."

this is a 12 team .5ppr money league .  They're still discussing it they say ...I think they feel the the Bell owner is getting too many good players ( I think he's the most valuable piece in fantasy n easily worth some wr2's and Doug Martin ) cmon man... what do I do here?

It's a reasonable trade. Maybe get Bell owner to throw in some garnish

Dude has Fournette and McCoy and he tries to trade me McCoy for my Antonio Brown.

That was this year. I'm sure there are plenty of others.