KilloWertz

Caris LeVert 2017-2018 Season Outlook

Yes he hurt his leg or ankle when A Gordon slid under him trying to take a charge.  He stayed on the court for a few more minutes, but then came out to close the half. Should be fine.

It looks like the rotation for now is LeVert is subbed out after 4-5 minutes for Crabbe then returns at the start of the 2nd/4th quarters. Plays for around 8 minutes then Crabbe or Carroll returns for him for a total of around 25-27 minutes. The next step is for Kenny to trust him more to finish games which is improbable unless one of Crabbe, Carroll, or RHJ gets injured.

6 minutes ago, OxyBubbleMan said:

It looks like the rotation for now is LeVert is subbed out after 4-5 minutes for Crabbe then returns at the start of the 2nd/4th quarters. Plays for around 8 minutes then Crabbe or Carroll returns for him for a total of around 25-27 minutes. The next step is for Kenny to trust him more to finish games which is improbable unless one of Crabbe, Carroll, or RHJ gets injured.

He closed the game instead of RHJ though 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OxyBubbleMan said:

He tied for most minutes on the team at 27.  With Atkinson's rotation I think that is about where he will be.  Other than DLo I don't think anyone averages over 30.  He likes to keep the minutes down so they can keep the pace up.

And I don't know how much he played in the last 4 minutes but he finished the game.  Got a huge offensive rebound before DLo's turnover when it was still a one possession game.

I like tonight's line even with no stocks.  Very very solid for someone we all got for free.

• Like 2

He is being 'eased' in from is pre-season ankle sprain.

By game 30, he will see 30 MPG simply because he is their second best player.

On a team trying to score 130 a night, I'm in.

16/5/4/1.5 looking like a possibility. 

• Like 1

a couple of threes, 5/5 FTs, season high 5 assts, no stocks but ill take that. showing us something different every game. 

Yeah, he finished the game with about a minute left as they were down and needed a secondary ball handler/facilitator which Crabbe is not suited to. I liked tonight's line too. Started shooting more threes and I hope he hits BBM's projections of 1.7. Even 1.4-1.5 would be nice as I need more 3s.

Yeah, big opportunity with DLo out and he's an early candidate for Brick Layers.  0-5 including a bunny layup.  

LeVert 3-11 tonight and 0-5 on 3 including some wide open looks.

He really needs to start knocking down some shots.  Would open up the rest of his game.

I would have benched him once the news came out... D-Lo being out it bad for a guy like him at this stage of his career. He's not ready to carry to burden of attention from opposing teams that come without the number 1 guy there.

Disclaimer I'm hoping Favors blows up against Phoenix and Caris' owner gets a little antsy... I put in a trade offer so that it's sitting in his inbox when he checks his team tonight hehehe.

Good point.  I should have benched him.  Thought about it but didnt do it.

Not closing out game tonight.

Edited by VaTerp

Shot was definitely off tonight but I was encouraged by the minutes and the usage with DLO out.  He seemed like their primary option. 

Still got some good run tonight. I'm backing him. Was running the point for a lot of the game.

LeVert has the talent but his game lacks polish.

I cut him for Lamb as I thought/think he has better long term value this season but I'm wondering if he will put it together this year. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, VaTerp said:

LeVert has the talent but his game lacks polish.

I cut him for Lamb as I thought/think he has better long term value this season but I'm wondering if he will put it together this year. 

BKN offense is fantasy gold. Don't forget about batum.

No, I'm well aware of Batum which is the primary reason I think LeVert has better long term value ROS.

I just mentioned Lamb b/c I'm playing against him tonight and flipping back and forth between games.

Independent of that, my questions about LeVert still remain.  I think he may still be a year away.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, VaTerp said:

No, I'm well aware of Batum which is the primary reason I think LeVert has better long term value ROS.

I just mentioned Lamb b/c I'm playing against him tonight and flipping back and forth between games.

Independent of that, my questions about LeVert still remain.  I think he may still be a year away.

read it wrong.

• Like 1

I can live with the growing pains on offense but not the FT%.

I understand he's a hold for many but I may have to cut bait soon if he doesnt pick it up.

• Like 1