crazybob60

Dejounte Murray 2017-18 Season Outlook

Only worth holding if you got a spot to burn. Otherwise it's a headache to own Spur players.

14 minutes ago, jrmintz said:

Only worth holding if you got a spot to burn. Otherwise it's a headache to own Spur players.

I'm in a 16 team League, not much on the wire so i'm holding and hoping for the best.

1 hour ago, Kawz said:

I'm in a 16 team League, not much on the wire so i'm holding and hoping for the best.

16 teamer a guy with Murray's potential and demonstrated production in a somewhat meaningful sample size, and starting role... no-brainer hold unless you're desperate for games played.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, rando said:

16 teamer a guy with Murray's potential and demonstrated production in a somewhat meaningful sample size, and starting role... no-brainer hold unless you're desperate for games played.

If he's back after the break i'm good.  If he misses an additional week or two i'll have to take a long, hard look.

Must pick up for 10 teamer? Pretty sweet playoff schedule 4-4-3? Can’t decide to get him, Anderson or Powell for ROS potential?

Edited by Brandayz

12 minutes ago, Brandayz said:

Must pick up for 10 teamer? Pretty sweet playoff schedule 4-4-3? Can’t decide to get him, Anderson or Powell for ROS potential?

AC

2 minutes ago, ejaggit said:

AC?

Assistant coach forum.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Stocks :D

Edited by chud12
  • Like 1

We know that the rebounds are there, but he's been averaging only 3 assists a game. For a PG, that's low, and part of the reason why I traded for Teague. Will they trend upwards at some point, or is this what we can expect from him the rest of the way?

6 hours ago, King James said:

We know that the rebounds are there, but he's been averaging only 3 assists a game. For a PG, that's low, and part of the reason why I traded for Teague. Will they trend upwards at some point, or is this what we can expect from him the rest of the way?

When Tony Parker started with the Spurs he average around 4 assists a game. That number went up to as high as 8 assists a game in his prime. His chemistry also developed with the team. If you trust the Spurs process, you should expect those assist numbers to go up for Murray as he grows with the team. In addition, the assists should go up if Kawhi ever comes back this season. 

Edited by jrmintz
Missing word and punctuation
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, King James said:

i am pretty sure he is averaging more than 3 assists per game after he became a spurs starter

• Like 1

8 hours ago, FBPro said:

i am pretty sure he is averaging more than 3 assists per game after he became a spurs starter

In the month of February he is averaging 2.8 assists a game, as a starter. 

5 minutes ago, King James said:

In 25 games as a starter this year Murray is averaging 4 dimes per. And in February he’s only played 5 games and one of them he got hurt and left in the first quarter so very small sample. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, King James said:

1 hour ago, chud12 said:

In 25 games as a starter this year Murray is averaging 4 dimes per. And in February he’s only played 5 games and one of them he got hurt and left in the first quarter so very small sample. 

yeah he got hurt in the middle of a game and was playing hurt in 2 other games in February. Espn says he is still averaging 3.8 assists per game in the last 30 days despite all that, so his assist numbers have been trending upward

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chud12 said:

1 hour ago, FBPro said:

yeah he got hurt in the middle of a game and was playing hurt in 2 other games in February. Espn says he is still averaging 3.8 assists per game in the last 30 days despite all that, so his assist numbers have been trending upward

Good to know. Like I said, I traded for Teague already, but an assists uptick from Murray would be a nice bonus...the unique thing about his game is his rebounding. His FT% and FG% are also very good. He's a special talent. And if he can start making 3's, watch out. 

3 hours ago, FBPro said:

yea this guy is gonna explode after the ASB

I hope so!

Also, I don't mind if he doesn't dish out that many assists, I'm a punt assist team, so I'm digging these rebounds from a guard position. Just need at least one three and one steal and we guccccciiiiiiii.

On 2/24/2018 at 12:26 AM, cdd10 said:

23 mins?

On pace for that today...putrid game so far, the stocks are nice though.