kmoore1521

Tyreke Evans 2017-2018 Outlook

Recommended Posts

Grizzlies swingman Tyreke Evans returned to practice Thursday for a limited workout as he recovers from a rib injury.

I’m getting there,” Evans said. “I’m doing one-on-one drills trying to keep my conditioning up. There’s certain movements I make that still bother me a little bit like going up and doing different type of layups. Other than that, I’m trying to keep my legs right so when I do come back I’ll be ready.”

 

“When I first (suffered the injury) the pain was at a very high level,” Evans said. “I want to make sure I come back right and not re-injure it, and not sit out longer. That’s what I’m working on now.”

https://www.commercialappeal.com/story/sports/nba/grizzlies/2018/03/08/memphis-grizzlies-cautious-tyreke-evans-recovery-15-game-losing-streak/408653002/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, pedros2507 said:

Grizzlies swingman Tyreke Evans returned to practice Thursday for a limited workout as he recovers from a rib injury.

I’m getting there,” Evans said. “I’m doing one-on-one drills trying to keep my conditioning up. There’s certain movements I make that still bother me a little bit like going up and doing different type of layups. Other than that, I’m trying to keep my legs right so when I do come back I’ll be ready.”

 

“When I first (suffered the injury) the pain was at a very high level,” Evans said. “I want to make sure I come back right and not re-injure it, and not sit out longer. That’s what I’m working on now.”

https://www.commercialappeal.com/story/sports/nba/grizzlies/2018/03/08/memphis-grizzlies-cautious-tyreke-evans-recovery-15-game-losing-streak/408653002/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

 

Thanks man....some good potential news on a night filled with crap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Preparing the Kool-Aid said:

 

Of even a possible return date

 

Memphis almost never does that. Even if they set a date they always say it's for re-evaluation. Just put him at IR or drop him if your playoffs start today. You ll get max 2 games this week.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, RipCity0 said:

 

Memphis almost never does that. Even if they set a date they always say it's for re-evaluation. Just put him at IR or drop him if your playoffs start today. You ll get max 2 games this week.

 

Have a BYE and have him on INJ. Just might need all guns blazing, and dude was playing best ball of his career. Just an oddity looking at that contact. You'd think either Clarkson is Luke Cage or Tyreke Mr. Glass. The video was more of me tinfoil on thinking he's shutdown without any news.

Edited by Preparing the Kool-Aid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Silver needs to get an independent doctor down to Memphis to take a look at Tyreke...

An independent dr isn't a bad idea.  Not even have to put it into practice...just have the policy in place.  It will help prevent a lot of phantom injuries. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Silver needs to get an independent doctor down to Memphis to take a look at Tyreke...

Yeah I really dont know why he is making such a big deal of Chicago tanking, if like a fourth of the league - including the Grizzlies who refuse to play Evans - is openly tanking as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2018-03-14.png

 

They don't want to drop 20 games....'cause that'd be embarrassing.   They're not the sixers.  Tyreke to the rescue to break the streak?!?

Edited by Elcamino
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, rush007 said:

Is he coming back?

We have no idea...but it's something!  The 'BACK' was creative photoshop.

 

Last meaningful update was 3/8 - He did a limited practice.  Been crickets since then.  Seeing the Questionable tag on the official Grizz account is much better than from a beat writer.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, georgepr said:

He's in the ww, don't know if I should pull the trigger and scoop him up.

 

Same here.   Hate to drop someone for nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, georgepr said:

He's in the ww, don't know if I should pull the trigger and scoop him up.

AC, and he shouldn't have been dropped in any league . . .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Elcamino said:

2018-03-14.png

 

They don't want to drop 20 games....'cause that'd be embarrassing.   They're not the sixers.  Tyreke to the rescue to break the streak?!?

 

giphy.gif

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Griff X said:

trying to avoid being called out for tanking like the Bulls...

Plus, I'd assume Tyreke would want to play if he could, to try to shake the injury prone label going into Free Agency after a stellar bounce-back year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.