hornrimmed_rambis

Spencer Dinwiddie 2017-18 Season Outlook

1 hour ago, Dominator83 said:

I told you guys last week, hes starting to fade to black even without Russell returning. You would think he would have more urgency tonigh after hearing that Russells return is breathing down his neck

3 straight games of 20 points not sure I would call fading to black.

3 minutes ago, gill2k said:

MVP chants? :o

amazing,i thought i heard that too. going toe to toe w Derozan who's putting on a clinic.

How are the nets even in the game

17 pts in the 4th including some seriously clutch baskets and good d

• Like 1

WW pick up of the year thus far.... Mitchell is right up there with him, but at least some people drafted Mitchell, I'm not sure anyone drafted this guy!

The only reason I've killed it in my league with Conley missing so much time is simply due to Dinwiddie stepping up as my 1A point guard. Love this guy.

• Like 3

He already started next to D-Lo before D-Lo went down. His ast/to ratio says he's a better true PG than Dlo, who should get better if shifted to SG. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

I have Dinwiddie and I love him too, but it’s Tyreke (who I also have).

Tyreke was also drafted by some people, and Tyreke also has a history of doing this.

You're talking about a third string point guard who's putting up top 60 ranking and is about to jump into top 40-50.

Comparatively speaking there is no one in Dinwiddie's situation, this is akin to Dwight Buycks suddenly becoming a top 50 player for the rest of the season, put that into perspective!

Edited by Lifschitz
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Damn... missed a game winner.  Just kinda threw it up there for a layup.

He could've had more than 8 assists but 31-5-8, 3 3ptrs and 2 stocks is amazing.   I'll take that "fade" any day.

Edited by gill2k
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Lifschitz said:

Tyreke was also drafted by some people, and Tyreke also has a history of doing this.

You're talking about a third string point guard who's putting up top 60 ranking and is about to jump into top 40-50. 

Fair point. If we are strictly talking about guys that weren’t drafted at all, then yeah, Dinwiddie is the WW pickup of the year right now.

• Like 1

Dinwiddie getting the J-Lin treatment. He's not getting enough calls. Even the Toronto announcers were shocked when they saw the last replay. They were laughing while stating that it was like Grand Central [train] Station in there.

30 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

3 straight games of 20 points not sure I would call fading to black.

Well im glad he showed me tonight. I started him in all my leagues!

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, stevenzhang said:

Dinwiddie getting the J-Lin treatment. He's not getting enough calls. Even the Toronto announcers were shocked when they saw the last replay. They were laughing while stating that it was like Grand Central [train] Station in there.

This is so evident. That dunk attempt where Ibaka got a chunk of his hand was the biggest miss-call. Did you here Dindwiddie into the camera after that last play. Saying something to the tune of “this is what I’m talking about!”

Edited by Pendles
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

Fair point. If we are strictly talking about guys that weren’t drafted at all, then yeah, Dinwiddie is the WW pickup of the year right now.

That's the definition of waiver wire pick up.... off the wire, not drafted. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

He saw dlo on the gleague and played like a monster. "Hey coach, put dlo on sg levert on sf and bench that trash caroll. I'll play point for you."

Edited by Xmantt
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

Dude he's a troll, he regularly posts on guys threads during 1st quarters and says they're bums, and then they have a great overall line and he disappears.

I have no problem owning it when guys prove me wrong bro. Espeically in Dinwiddies case, where I started him in every league this week. and my leagues are weekly, so when you start a guy, you gotta ride or die with him the entire week.

But I still stand by the fact that he should be a little more aggressive in 1st quarters. he seems way too passive lately early on

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, bouncethatp@ss said:

That's the definition of waiver wire pick up.... off the wire, not drafted. 

There are no set rules or definitions for waiver wire pick ups, there are drafted players who are dropped and turn it around - that's a waiver wire pick up, there are guys who used to get drafted and turn it around (Jackson / Evans) - those are waiver wire pick ups, and then guys who went undrafted and get picked up.. 

All I was saying that if we're to set a standard for why he should be the winner it's because he was the biggest underdog and his ranking/production versus his perceptive value coming into the season is probably the biggest disparity ever. 

Edited by Lifschitz

The dude is their clear #1 option and go to guy when the game is on the line right now. I don’t think there’s any way he’s losing playing time when DLO gets back

• Like 2

Just now, Purple Hippo said:

The dude is their clear #1 option and go to guy when the game is on the line right now. I don’t think there’s any way he’s losing playing time when DLO gets back

D-lo also has a great clutch ability, but Dinwiddie is their emotional leader and he seems like the captain of the team. D-lo for all his clutch gifts usually seems more concerned with putting up shots and stats rather than winning games. Dinwiddie carries the team, you see the way he pushes the ball and goes at the other team and the types of passes he makes - he's just a natural point guard and a great mix between a scoring and passing point guard.

He has the ability to facilitate at an extremely high level, but also take over games when he needs to if the team is slacking and needs a lift. 

WTF happened tonight.  2 pts, 3 rebs, 3 asts?  :wacko:

doesn't help when your whole team forgot how to shoot. Crabb the exception for today...