phatrat

Waiver Wire Touts - Week 8

The week 8 Waiver Wire Touts thread, is for naming Waiver Wire pickups for the week and beyond. General player discussion belongs in player threads.

Add/Drop questions, How do you rank these guys, Who should I pickup?, etc... Those type of questions need to be posted in the Assistant Coach Forum.

Cool Stories, belong in the Cool Story 2017 Thread

FAAB Waiver Wire questions belong here:  

Team Defense Questions belong here:

Thanks!

Doctson, if he's not owned in your league. Dump your underperforming bench player and add him now. FA add. Dumping Rawls for him for me. Galloday too.

He may get you 2 points next week, but Latavius Murray needs to be owned in all leagues. 

Tyler Kroft scores. Again. He gets the Colts next week. 14 targets, 12 catches, 113 yards and 3 TDs his past 3 games and counting. He should be streamed at worst this week.

Stephen Hauschka had 3 FG (including a 50+ yarder) and 3 PAT this week. He had 10 FG in his prior 3 games. He gets Oakland, who have allowed the 5th most PPG to kickers coming into this week.

Edited by miasma16

Any Giants WR should be available. 

Lewis

King

Rudolph

Shephard too

Edited by TennisMenace

Josh McCown, should've gotten him last week

Anyone with insight to Matt Moore?

Picked up Lewis just now as he was still a FA still. he will absolutely blow up tonight. Get em now for free if you can !

1 hour ago, TennisMenace said:

Lewis

King

Rudolph

Shephard too

Watching today's game we can see why.

1 minute ago, Sean Tambo said:

Deonte Thompson 

Was hoping nobody would mention him. But 4/107/0 on 4 targets (only 22 snaps) and was just signed by the Bills on Tuesday; its hard to ignore. They need a play maker and maybe he's it. Hate to burn a #1 waiver on him, but at this point in the season, why not?

Hmmmm....Deonte Thompson......only 4 targets, but the first game with a new team....Zay Jones had 9 targets and 2 receptions.....I suppose Matthews is the WR1, but Thompson has potential to assume that mantle.........one thing is that this came against a porous Bucs pass defense....

Golladay for sure. Should be healthy and Tate will most certainly not play.

demarcus robinson - solid third or fourth option on the best offense in the league 

Corey Davis 

josh doctson 

Danny woodhead

deonte Thompson has done this too many times. He’s been released too many times. I’m not buying it. Jordan Matthews is still good.

Also I REALLY wanted to play Kenny Stills today and I deeply regret it. He could be usable this Thursday night, but Matt Moore going to Baltimore on a short week?

no thanks.

Its a silly term but I would consider stills as a “handcuff wr” if Parker misses time. He is a good player and is reliable in that role.

Edited by PlayTheWaivers

8 minutes ago, ukdesi said:

Hmmmm....Deonte Thompson......only 4 targets, but the first game with a new team....Zay Jones had 9 targets and 2 receptions.....I suppose Matthews is the WR1, but Thompson has potential to assume that mantle.........one thing is that this came against a porous Bucs pass defense....

True, but their next three opponents: vs. Raiders, at Jets, vs. Saints. Playoff schedule (Weeks 14 - 17): Colts, Patriots and Dolphins twice.

2 hours ago, TennisMenace said:

Lewis

King

Rudolph

Shephard too

I wish Shepard was available in my 10 team league. I like him more than Jordy ROS.

If you don't get Woodhead now, you're not going to get him after Week 9. He's going to be PPR gold so long as he stays healthy. I think he gets all of Buck's workload.

Foreman, Snead, Ginn, Demarcus Robinson, and Greg Olsen should all be looked at as potential adds.

1 hour ago, KareemX said:

True, but their next three opponents: vs. Raiders, at Jets, vs. Saints. Playoff schedule (Weeks 14 - 17): Colts, Patriots and Dolphins twice.

Yeah good schedule. LIke the other poster said, Matthews is a good receiver and probably still wr1. I think Clay will come back at some point. And how reliable is the Bills passing offense? I like Thompson, just not sure what his upside is.......WR2s in my league that are still available include players like Sanu, Hurns, Kupp/Woods, Goodwin

Just now, marlin said:

After today Matt Ryan should be on waivers

Most probably. Andy Dalton plays Indy,  could be a nice streamer

1 hour ago, marlin said:

After today Matt Ryan should be on waivers

I don't know your league's size, but putting Ryan on waivers just helps owners who are desperate for QBs. Especially if he has a resurgence given his easy schedule. It's like the owners that cut AP or Ingram earlier in the year that probably regret it now. If you have a deep bench or free agency is barren I think it's worth holding him for another week or two.

3 hours ago, Sean Tambo said:

Deonte Thompson 

The bears have attempted..around 14 passes combined the last 2 games though lol

1 minute ago, Woonga24 said:

He's a Bill now. 

2 minutes ago, Woonga24 said:

On the Bills now. Had a good showing in his first game. Desperation add

2 hours ago, KareemX said:

Saints secondary is no longer a pushover. 

1 minute ago, Broncos132 said:

On the Bills now. Had a good showing in his first game. Desperation add

2 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

He's a Bill now. 

tenor.gif