phatrat

Waiver Wire Touts - Week 8

Kittle should still be on many WW’s. Might be worth a look this week. Hicks is out for the Eagles, so Kittle might have a good day while the 49ers are playing catch-up. Worth it if you’re desperate like me.

7 minutes ago, Broncos132 said:

Kittle should still be on many WW’s. Might be worth a look this week. Hicks is out for the Eagles, so Kittle might have a good day while the 49ers are playing catch-up. Worth it if you’re desperate like me.

I was desperate last week and high on the kid. He proceeded to make 1 catch on 2 targets and played only 13 snaps. I didn’t even see him on the field in the 2h. And they were playing catchup the entire game. 

No thanks. 

Id rather take my chances wit O’leary Or OJ Howard than get burned again. 

Edited by UVA_Drew

8 minutes ago, Broncos132 said:

1 minute ago, UVA_Drew said:

I was desperate last week and high on the kid. He proceeded to make 1 catch on 2 targets and played only 13 snaps. I didn’t even see him on the field in the 2h. No thanks. 

Engram owner here, looking for this week's bye replacement. I thought long and hard about Kittle too. But ended up with Howard for now. But now thinking O'Leary is the play here.

2 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

Engram owner here, looking for this week's bye replacement. I thought long and hard about Kittle too. But ended up with Howard for now. But now thinking O'Leary is the play here.

Yeah agree, think you , everyone else need get off Howard train for now . O'Leary is going see 7 targets min. 

O'Leary > Kittle >  Howard 

4 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

Haha. We’re in the same boat buddy.

It’s incredible how much time I’ve wasted this week doing research on bottom of the barrel TEs that will most likely all get me 3/30 no matter who I choose.

2 minutes ago, Sean Tambo said:

Yeah agree, think you , everyone else need get off Howard train for now . O'Leary is going see 7 targets min. 

Yahoo is still projecting O’Leary with 0.00 points this week and the rest of the season. No clue why. 

I think that has a lot to do with his lack of hype/adds. 

4 minutes ago, Sean Tambo said:

I think you're right. I'm keeping an eye on Logan Thomas. He was sent home for personal reasons yesterday and his status is up in the air for Sunday.

4 minutes ago, UVA_Drew said:

Haha. We’re in the same boat buddy.

It’s incredible how much time I’ve wasted this week doing research on bottom of the barrel TEs that will most likely all get me 3/30 no matter who I choose.

Just go with who you think will get the most targets. Right now, it looks like that's going to be O'Leary (between Howard, Kittle, O'Leary)

1 minute ago, UVA_Drew said:

Yahoo is still projecting O’Leary with 0.00 points this week and the rest of the season. No clue why. 

Don't put too much stock into projections. They don't mean much.

3 hours ago, gus030 said:

Fluke game by a career bench warmer that was cut from the stacked Bears WR core.

if you wanna know how this plays out, look t Rishard Higgins game log.

Really? Or maybe he has just never had an opportunity with a competent offense and QB..  I'll just leave this here

https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/deonte-thompson-wr/

87th percentile SPARQ score. 

Oh and Tyrod and him go way back years to Baltimore so they have years of chemistry. 

Looks to me like the Bills new WR1

http://www.espn.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/85352/five-days-after-joining-bills-deonte-thompson-could-be-top-receiver

Edited by Dirtywater97

5 minutes ago, UVA_Drew said:

Mostert (RB 49ers) was projected for -4.0 pts last week by CBS (2 fumbles with no catches?) - so consider that O'Leary projection a geyser in comparison 

25 minutes ago, Dirtywater97 said:

Really? Or maybe he has just never had an opportunity with a competent offense and QB..  I'll just leave this here

https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/deonte-thompson-wr/

87th percentile SPARQ score. 

Oh and Tyrod and him go way back years to Baltimore so they have years of chemistry. 

Looks to me like the Bills new WR1

http://www.espn.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/85352/five-days-after-joining-bills-deonte-thompson-could-be-top-receiver

12% of the target share -check

30% snap count -check

Big play on busted coverage -check

sounds like a WR1 ros to me! Load up that sparq score is amazing can't believe so many teams whiffed on this stud. He's been waiting for a qb like tyrod to turn his career around.

10 minutes ago, gus030 said:

12% of the target share -check

30% snap count -check

Big play on busted coverage -check

sounds like a WR1 ros to me! Load up that sparq score is amazing can't believe so many teams whiffed on this stud. He's been waiting for a qb like tyrod to turn his career around.

Yeah,  great argument using snap count percentage on a guy who showed up to the team not even a full week before the game. 

Never said he was a WR1 ROS said he has a good chance to be the BILLS WR1...  Solid reading comprehension.

Don't even try and compare Cutler, Glennon, or Trubisky (right now)  to Tyrod. They throw a league low and when cutler was around he was a 4th or 5th option.

Keyword: Opportunity.  

Edited by Dirtywater97

4 minutes ago, Dirtywater97 said:

Yeah,  great argument using snap count percentage on a guy who showed up to the team not even a full week before the game. 

Never said he was a WR1 ROS said he has a good chance to be the BILLS WR1...  Solid reading comprehension. 

And your argument is what? That he had 4 targets in his first game and he is suddenly the WR1? 

ill let this sunday speak for itself, you will see this guy is not rosterable unless you count return yards or some wacky scoring

Just now, gus030 said:

And your argument is what? That he had 4 targets in his first game and he is suddenly the WR1? 

ill let this sunday speak for itself, you will see this guy is not rosterable unless you count return yards or some wacky scoring

4 targets in 22 snaps. On a team where he barely knows the playbook and he outperformed 6 weeks of Zay Jones in and nearly Jordan Matthews as well in week on 22 snaps. 

Tyrod Taylor lobbied for him personally for the Bills to pick him up. 

He 4.3 speed and chemistry with a QB that can throw and likes the deep ball. His snap counts will rise as will his floor as he gets incorporated into the offense. 

Charles Clay was no world talent but started off to a career year? Why? Because there is no competition for targets. They have no one else, same reason Robby Anderson and Jermaine Kearse relevant this year. Or stay in your box and don't take any risks while other people profit. 

18 minutes ago, gus030 said:

Dont think anyone is saying hes an overall WR1 . He just has good chance of becoming Buff #1 option compared to other recievers there 

Matt Moore. Hear me out.

IF Moore plays really well tonight AND secures the job from f-ing Cutler....

I am streaming him AND Tyrod ROS.

Week 8 - Tyrod vs OAK

Week 9 - Tyrod vs NYJ or Moore vs OAK

Week 10 - Tyrod vs NO (only iffy week)

Week 11 - Moore vs TB

Week 12 - Moore vs NE

Week 13 - Tyrod vs NE

Week 14  - Tyrod vs IND or Moore vs NE

Week 15 - Tyrod vs MIA

Week 16 - Tyrod vs NE

NE - 32nd vs the pass AND just lost Hightower for the season

IND - 31st vs the pass

TB - 30th vs the pass

OAK - 23 vs the pass

NO - 21st vs the pass (but surging)

NYJ - 20th vs the pass

4 hours ago, UVA_Drew said:

Not for this week, but perhaps for the rest of the season the 0s are because Clay is supposed to come back?

Is there a possibility Clay comes back next week?

6 hours ago, Dirtywater97 said:

4 targets in 22 snaps. On a team where he barely knows the playbook and he outperformed 6 weeks of Zay Jones in and nearly Jordan Matthews as well in week on 22 snaps. 

Tyrod Taylor lobbied for him personally for the Bills to pick him up. 

He 4.3 speed and chemistry with a QB that can throw and likes the deep ball. His snap counts will rise as will his floor as he gets incorporated into the offense. 

Charles Clay was no world talent but started off to a career year? Why? Because there is no competition for targets. They have no one else, same reason Robby Anderson and Jermaine Kearse relevant this year. Or stay in your box and don't take any risks while other people profit. 

Sorry gus030 but The People's Court rule in Dirtywater's favor.

His case for Deonte having a good shot Bills wr1 was substantiated . Ruling goes in favor of the defendant.:ph34r:

7 hours ago, gus030 said:

That was his first game with the Bills as already mentioned.  Tyrod was the second string QB when he was with Baltimore, and probably spent a lot of time with Thompson practicing with the 2's.  Chemistry is there

Edited by kdko

8 hours ago, jtbgator said:

No Tyler Kroft available?

8 hours ago, UVA_Drew said:

I was desperate last week and high on the kid. He proceeded to make 1 catch on 2 targets and played only 13 snaps. I didn’t even see him on the field in the 2h. And they were playing catchup the entire game. 

No thanks. 

I'm thinking to give Darren Fells a chance but for now I'll stick with Vernon Davis.

6 hours ago, martinjlm said:

Matt Moore. Hear me out.

IF Moore plays really well tonight AND secures the job from f-ing Cutler.

That's a pretty big if right there.

Kenny Still right now if available, Parker OUT

31 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

That's a pretty big if right there.

Well the second part is the most important. Moore just needs to take the job from Cutler. That seems possible.

Edited by martinjlm

41 minutes ago, martinjlm said:

Well the second part is the most important. Moore just needs to take the job from Cutler. That seems possible.

Unfortunately he has a really difficult matchup to prove he is any better and so far, nothing.

...yeah so Alex Collins again? Caught 2 balls tonight too, how about that. Looks like the better RB too