• Announcements

• Patrick Bateman

Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  
Arrowhead

Mike Trout 2018 Outlook

in 2017 trout posted the highest bb% and lowest k% of his career. he also set the high mark in ISO, OBP, and SLG.

i'm seeing MVP and silver slugger awards in his future... probably followed by a HoF induction at some point.

Edited by osb_tensor
  • Thanks 1

I notice roster resource is showing trout as #2 hitter in the anaheim line up, which I think is great.  Question:  did he hit second last season ?

in 2017 Trout had 321 PA's in the 2-hole, and 128 PA's batting 3rd.

15 hours ago, Magoo said:

This is the year. .340 136 52 128 50

I'll take the over

• Like 2

1 minute ago, b0nfire said:

I'll take the over

And I was shorting him on the runs and rbis because, hey, no reason to use hyperbole with him.

Edited by Magoo

Arguably the best player in the majors. Yet Eric Karabel has him ranked behind Altuve this season. Altuve is great and all but he's no Trout! I guess the argument here is because of the position. My argument against that is if I've got the #1 overall pick I'm going with the guy who will give me a broader spectrum of overall numbers. Is Karabell in the minority here or is this the year that Trout loses the #1 adp ranking? In the grand scheme of things it's only one spot but I do find it interesting that ESPN will probably have someone other than Trout at #1. 

2 hours ago, Fantasy Baseball Geek said:

Arguably the best player in the majors. Yet Eric Karabel has him ranked behind Altuve this season. Altuve is great and all but he's no Trout! I guess the argument here is because of the position. My argument against that is if I've got the #1 overall pick I'm going with the guy who will give me a broader spectrum of overall numbers. Is Karabell in the minority here or is this the year that Trout loses the #1 adp ranking? In the grand scheme of things it's only one spot but I do find it interesting that ESPN will probably have someone other than Trout at #1. 

They probably calculated into his numbers the hangover effect from celebrating the next several months straight his beloved Eagles' Super Bowl win.  (I saw the camera shots of him in the stands going happily crazy more than a few times during the game).

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, cs3 said:

in 2017 Trout had 321 PA's in the 2-hole, and 128 PA's batting 3rd.

Wow I definitely didn't remember this fact.  

He keeps getting better and better. Last year he was able to walk more than strike out. If he didn't get injured he would've easily hit 40/30. Plus, I feel this year is the best offense surrounding him that he's ever had. The additions of Cozart and Kinsler aren't huge moves but they definitely will help a lot early in the lineup. Now with a full season of Upton batting behind him and not worthless Pujols, I think he's going to have one of the greatest seasons ever. 

• Like 1

interesting hypothetical

if trout didnt sign that contract through 2020 (hell be 29) he would have been a free agent this offseason (26 age)

what do you think he would have gotten, contract wise

basically, what would the yankees have paid him?

Edited by jfazz23

15 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

interesting hypothetical

if trout didnt sign that contract through 2020 (hell be 29) he would have been a free agent this offseason (26 age)

what do you think he would have gotten, contract wise

basically, what would the yankees have paid him?

8-350

7 minutes ago, Arrowhead said:

Trout reminds me of Vlad Guerrero in his prime

How so, I don't see it.  Vlad was great but he was a hacker while Trout has great plate discipline.

• Like 1