• Announcements

• Patrick Bateman

Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  
Arrowhead

Mookie Betts 2018 Outlook

Just now, IceGoat said:

He's backkkkkk. Re-aggravation time, baby!

Nay.  Just thermonuclear war coming off of his bat.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Nay.  Just thermonuclear war coming off of his bat.

Believe me I don't want re-aggravation to happen, nor do I view its occurrence as likely, but I'm hedging my Betts (seeeee what I did there???) Win, win situation. He rakes or gets hurt. Former: my team reaps the benefits. Latter: I gain mad forum cred for being prescient. 

• Like 1

Ugh - thought he was doing a minor league stint and he's stuck on my DL today. Hopefully he saves some for tomorrow dammit.

Mookie's back just in time for Monday. At Camden Yards. 

Just got pulled in the 11th inning.

Could be because it's the 11th inning of his first game back or something else. Something to monitor.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, absknicks said:

Just got pulled in the 11th inning.

Could be because it's the 11th inning of his first game back or something else. Something to monitor.

Keep us posted if something from the broadcast.  I'd be a bit surprised if he got lifted for defense and not something related to his last AB.  Hoping he did not aggravate it.

Doubtful they PH for him with Sandy Leon in the 11th only up 2 runs and ducks on the pond unless he’s hurt again. Not to mention his D in the bottom of the inning. 

We’ll see. 

10 minutes ago, Sonny_D said:

Doubtful they PH for him with Sandy Leon in the 11th only up 2 runs and ducks on the pond unless he’s hurt again. Not to mention his D in the bottom of the inning. 

We’ll see. 

He wasn't PH for. Brock Holt pinch hit for Vazquez and then Holt stayed in for Betts while Leon took Vazquez's place behind the plate.

• Like 1

Well, must be a good sign if nothing from the broadcast.  They'd have the information, you would think, so if there is no concern there I would think they didn't want to push him.

1 hour ago, absknicks said:

He wasn't PH for. Brock Holt pinch hit for Vazquez and then Holt stayed in for Betts while Leon took Vazquez's place behind the plate.

My bad. Still concerning though, Defensive substitution in 0-0 game. 

I doubt its up to the training staff. The Red Sox haven't been able to muster up any offense since he got hurt. If he says he's fine he's playing . Plus Pawtucket the closest minor league was on the road in Syracuse

They weren't able to muster any offense with him in the lineup either.  

7 minutes ago, kidtwentytwo said:

Give it time. First game back and without a rehab assignment...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kidtwentytwo said:

Man, we are spoiled 

Out of the lineup today.... Anyone hear any injury news?

5 minutes ago, Willsea33 said:

Out of the lineup today.... Anyone hear any injury news?

Well, that's not good. You'd think thepurpose of pulling him in the 11th yesterday would be to make sure he's still fresh for today. Guessing we're not getting the full story here.

Probably needs an extra day to come down from the high of feeling so good yesterday.

• Haha 1

I'm willing to chalk this up to precautionary after having 14 days on the DL, not having a rehab assignment, and then coming back and playing in an extra innings game right away. Unless I hear some other news that's what I'm going to believe.

Yesterday

YAAAAYYYYYYY MOOKIES BACK!

Today

NOOOOOOOOO MOOKIES BACK!

“No setbacks for Mookie Betts. Said he'll take batting practice and be available off the bench tonight at Baltimore. Expects to be in the lineup Wednesday. #RedSox”

@billKoch25 

-Providence Journal 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Anyone in the back of their minds thinking what Red Sox might do come fantasy playoff time if this guy gets a hang nail?  They seem to handle him like the Braves use to with Chipper Jones.  Obviously standings have a lot to do with it, but a part of me is fearful for how they may protect him down the stretch with a cushion on division lead.

Edited by Cmilne23

3 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

Anyone in the back of their minds thinking what Red Sox might do come fantasy playoff time if this guy gets a hang nail?  They seem to handle him like the Braves use to with Chipper Jones.  Obviously standings have a lot to do with it, but a part of me is fearful for how they may protect him down the stretch with a cushion on division lead.

They won't have a cushion lead

• Like 1