• Announcements

• tonycpsu

Comments on New Forum Design (UPDATED with workarounds)   02/12/2019

We are aware that the current layout of the Rotoworld forums is not going over well, and we feel your pain.  Please direct any comments about the new look of the forums to help@rotoworld.com, or to this thread. For those who are able to install user styles, (e.g. with the Stylish addon for Firefox or Chrome), you may wish to try a couple of user-created alternative styles. RW Forums Tweaks by tonycpsu Rotoworld Forums Dark Mode by sngehl01  
Arrowhead

Mookie Betts 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

8 hours ago, Cmilne23 said:

What’s funny? 

No DH has won MVP 

I also don't think Mookie was going to win it anyway. JoRam has a shot at 40HR, 30+SB, 200RBI/R, .300... He's also currently 2nd to Mookie in WAR.

Edited by BlueJaysIn2030
  • Like 2

Would love to see Betts really heat up again. He hasn't necessarily been MIA, but also hasn't been anywhere near as productive lately like he had been. As far as MVP,  I think that would lean towards Joram a bit personally and I'm a Sox fan. Joram is just having such a good year all across the board. 

• Like 2

the beat goes on... 

.342/.431/.644 with 109 runs, 29 jacks, 70 RBI, 26 steals. 

Second best player in baseball. (I see you, Jose!)

1 minute ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Left the game due to injury. 

If it is an oblique injury, this is probably it for him this year, for fantasy purposes at least. The one guy I could ill afford to lose. 

Hopefully, the Red Sox removed him as a precaution since this have earned the privilege to be so precautious. 

Probably won’t see much time in the next few games. No reason for the Sox to start him at this point. He has been pretty quiet as of late anyway.

Apparently it was a precautionary removal and hell be back for the next game. Good news i guess but it might not matter for me if i dont hold on today :P 

1 hour ago, henchforlife said:

So consensus is not to start in weekly?

Well dag gone! That is great, just when I am making a push, I have to bench the Mook for Olson!

What consensus is that?  Cora stated the exit was precautionary and he'll be back on Tuesday.

28 minutes ago, kelle1sa said:

What consensus is that?  Cora stated the exit was precautionary and he'll be back on Tuesday.

My bad, brain going before the coffee got to it

Last time Betts was injured slightly and removed for precautionary reasons he ended up going on the DL. With the season standings all but decided Betts will sit this week making periodic appearances 

1 hour ago, chucky said:

Last time Betts was injured slightly and removed for precautionary reasons he ended up going on the DL. With the season standings all but decided Betts will sit this week making periodic appearances 

Im hoping the MVP race will motivate him play more than he probably should with the division wrapped up and his "side tightness". That being said, it might not be up to him

2 hours ago, heyeaglefn said:

And he is out of the lineup.  

not really a surprise

sox got the division and the 1 seed easy.  why would they risk losing their best player???  they dont care about MVP and they dont care about our fantasy team

i wouldnt be surprised if he misses a few more games

He is expected to be the DH today. But based on yesterdays actions and the comments from the manager prior, it already seems reminiscent of the last injury debacle. Extremely unfortunate for those in a championship battle depending on him. Hopefully he plays it out.  

3 hours ago, bank said:

He is expected to be the DH today. But based on yesterdays actions and the comments from the manager prior, it already seems reminiscent of the last injury debacle. Extremely unfortunate for those in a championship battle depending on him. Hopefully he plays it out.  

have they released lineups yet?

Do ya think he is next year's number 1? This year was not a fluke in anyway. The dude puts the barrel on the ball so frequently that the only thing that can slow him down is an injury. Plus, he plays in a hitter's park and has a great supporting cast.

6 hours ago, papasmurf said:

Do ya think he is next year's number 1? This year was not a fluke in anyway. The dude puts the barrel on the ball so frequently that the only thing that can slow him down is an injury. Plus, he plays in a hitter's park and has a great supporting cast.

1 or 2, doesn't even matter. Like you're not making the wrong choice with Trout or Betts at 1, but Betts will probably get you more RBI or R just based on lineup.  Also I'm more likely to believe Trout hitting 30+HR than Betts. So I guess it's whatever you want. 

• Like 1

betts is 3 for 3 off of Tanaka (whos been great lately)

looks to be 100% healthy.  sit and forget

@BlueJaysIn2030 - u believing the avg for betts? 353 babip seems a decent amount too high

im still going trout 1 and maybe even joeram 2.  but u cant go wrong with betts in any of the top 3

Edited by jfazz23
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

betts is 3 for 3 off of Tanaka (whos been great lately)

looks to be 100% healthy.  sit and forget

@BlueJaysIn2030 - u believing the avg for betts? 353 babip seems a decent amount too high

im still going trout 1 and maybe even joeram 2.  but u cant go wrong with betts in any of the top 3

I'd say he's closer to .300 than .330, but yeah should be a .300 hitter. 

JoRam, Trout,Betts... Can't go wrong. Splitting hairs really. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BlueJaysIn2030 said:

I'd say he's closer to .300 than .330, but yeah should be a .300 hitter. 

JoRam, Trout,Betts... Can't go wrong. Splitting hairs really. 

joram should have 2nd and 3rd eligibility right?  his babip was also very low this year.  261 compared to 319 and 333 the prior 2 years.  so i think joram could actually improve lol

but yea, if u get a top 3 pick next year no one can really insult you for taking whoever