32 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

top 5 rounder next year?

he will still go 3rd rd

4th would be a steal. Id take him in the 3rd

Edited by colepenhagen
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

top 5 rounder next year?

I haven't thought about next year's rankings at all yet but I can say that I most definitely would draft him in the 5th round of drafts next year if he's still sitting there. I'm not sure yet how much higher I'd go but he'll be 24 years old next year and has already done some pretty amazing things at the MLB level. And I'm saying that as a disappointed owner of him in 2 leagues this year.

Edited by meh2
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, meh2 said:

I haven't thought about next year's rankings at all yet but I can say that I most definitely would draft him in the 5th round of drafts next year if he's still sitting there. I'm not sure yet how much higher I'd go but he'll be 24 years old next year and has already done some pretty amazing things at the MLB level. And I'm saying that as a disappointed owner of him in 2 leagues this year.

The kid apparently quit running @ 22 years old. I'm not saying he will never swipe a bag, but the data is there to support 2-3 SB's a year. Big Papi did that. 

If he's a .260/.270 hitter, at cleanup for an amazing lineup mind you, (which won't last much longer) he's not the guy we thought he was. SS aside, his numbers are pedestrian when the lineup and spot in the order are taken into account. 80-20-80-2 is every day WW fodder, not the next big thing. 

I get he's 24, has the pedigree and accomplishments at a young age... but this is two years running where he simply won't run... feels more like Starlin Castro than the next superstar. 

• Like 1

I can’t believe I drafted this guy in the first, I cut him some slack for being hurt, but he’s been a complete bust, will never draft again 

I wouldn't use a 1st round pick or pay through the roof in auction for him. Though he is still young and numbers last two years would likely be a bit better had he not missed time. If you can get him at the right spot or price next season I still think you have to give him a shot. There are quite a few decent floor SS's these days, you could go with another option later in rounds or cheaper, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him take a small step next year but who knows. The lack of steals is a let down, not that any of us expected him to be Trea, but you'd like to see at least 12 or more from this guy. Just hope next season he can stay healthy the whole year, give us a better idea what his season numbers would look like if he avoids the DL. 

38 minutes ago, LarryChip10 said:

The kid apparently quit running @ 22 years old. I'm not saying he will never swipe a bag, but the data is there to support 2-3 SB's a year. Big Papi did that. 

If he's a .260/.270 hitter, at cleanup for an amazing lineup mind you, (which won't last much longer) he's not the guy we thought he was. SS aside, his numbers are pedestrian when the lineup and spot in the order are taken into account. 80-20-80-2 is every day WW fodder, not the next big thing. 

I get he's 24, has the pedigree and accomplishments at a young age... but this is two years running where he simply won't run... feels more like Starlin Castro than the next superstar. 

cmon on now.. castro? who never hit 15 hrs or a ops over .777 in any of his first 6 years in the mlb

I get it total bust/down year but castros talent was no where near correa or production 

The Astros don't need to run. Altuve leads the team with 14 and Bregman is the only other one with double digits with 10 going into tonight. Seems more like a team concept so you can't really fault the player.

3 hours ago, Low and Away said:

The Astros don't need to run. Altuve leads the team with 14 and Bregman is the only other one with double digits with 10 going into tonight. Seems more like a team concept so you can't really fault the player.

He should get as much as Bregman.

The stros will continue to steal less and less as analytics say its not a beneficial risk. then you add correa's propensity to get injured, not worth it to them as a whole. especially given how big of a guy he is playing SS already. big short stops don't have a long shelf life

19 hours ago, jfazz23 said:

top 5 rounder next year?

Wherever he goes, he'll probably go completely nuts.  I would have no problem taking him in the 2nd but that's just me.

Dropped after owning for 3 years in a keeper (can’t keep next year).  Not rolling with him in the playoffs next week.  His back has to be still bothering him.

Since his return (24 GP):

.165 AVG

2 XBH

.462 OPS

.214 wOBA

33 wRC+

14.9 LD%

22.4 Soft%

23.9 Hard%

That's no bueno...

Edited by Sine_cera
  • Like 1

Should I sit him for Adam Frazier?  It's crazy that I can even ask such a question, but he's hurting my Roto team and I'm battling for the money and offense is going to make or break me.

Has anyone officially dropped him yet? 

So close to just streaming people in his spot. I have carmago now whose eclipsed as my starting ss but somehow Correa always finds himself in the lineup with others having off days. I swear it's 0-4 with no runs or rbi every day 

2 hours ago, b0nfire said:

Anyone been watching Astros games?

Does he look hurt/stiff? Or is the timing just off? 

latest espn blurb said he's still dealing with some back pain. he's prob gonna be on my bench ROS since he's a keeper