Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lamont Sanford

Why Not Charged Interceptions?

An obvious flaw in fantasy (and NFL) scoring is QB interceptions, where the resulting turnover is no fault of the QB, yet he is charged with the INT. Why can’t the NFL simply charge the INT to the player most responsible? For example, if a WR let’s a perfect pass bounce off his hands for an INT, why not simply charge the WR with the INT? Why does it have to be charged to the QB? Essentially the same process as MLB determing what is and isn’t an error. Seems logical and uncomplicated.

I’ve been saying this for years earned versus unearned runs ...earned versus unearned interceptions ...

I disagree. Technically, the QB is the last person to have possession of the ball before an interception. In your logic, if a WR breaks a tackle and scores, only he should get credit for the TD and not the QB.

Just now, Jwook said:

I disagree. Technically, the QB is the last person to have possession of the ball before an interception. In your logic, if a WR breaks a tackle and scores, only he should get credit for the TD and not the QB.

I don't know how that's the same logic. 

the one scoring flaw i hate is when the qb is handing the ball to the running back he fumbles the grab and the qb gets the fumble 

im pretty sure if the center huts the ball over the qbs head or a bad snap the qb gets charged with the fumbled there too 

4 minutes ago, Jwook said:

Say what now? You’re massively complicating the issue at hand.

Just now, brockpapersizer said:

I don't know how that's the same logic. 

If a WR can get charged with an interception due to his failure, then the inverse of a QB not getting credit for a WR breaking away falls in the same logic.

12 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

An obvious flaw in fantasy (and NFL) scoring is QB interceptions, where the resulting turnover is no fault of the QB, yet he is charged with the INT. Why can’t the NFL simply charge the INT to the player most responsible? For example, if a WR let’s a perfect pass bounce off his hands for an INT, why not simply charge the WR with the INT? Why does it have to be charged to the QB? Essentially the same process as MLB determing what is and isn’t an error. Seems logical and uncomplicated.

Whats the next step after this? Take away yards from QBs when it comes to screen passes?

Just now, Jwook said:

If a WR can get charged with an interception due to his failure, then the inverse of a QB not getting credit for a WR breaking away falls in the same logic.

I read this three times and understood it less with each pass.

4 minutes ago, Evincar said:

Whats the next step after this? Take away yards from QBs when it comes to screen passes?

What sense does that make? Was a QB’s error clearly responsible for the loss of yardage? 

17 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

An obvious flaw in fantasy (and NFL) scoring is QB interceptions, where the resulting turnover is no fault of the QB,

Wait...didn't the ball leave the QB's hand?

Just now, Lamont Sanford said:

Are you serious?

Are you? This thread is a joke.  Going down the rabbit hole of who's most responsible for the interception is hilarious.  Why not trace it all the way back to a lineman who missed an assignment and put the pressure on the QB?

If the QB throws a int because he got hit when he throws then the OLineman should be charged with the Int

1 minute ago, kdko said:

Are you? This thread is a joke.  Going down the rabbit hole of who's most responsible for the interception is hilarious.  Why not trace it all the way back to a lineman who missed an assignment and put the pressure on the QB?

Lmao oh man we posted the same thing at the same exact time 

Why not give rushing TD's to the offensive lineman most responsible for the hole when the RB punches it in at the 1 yard line? Wow.

Just now, kdko said:

One of us is going down a rabbit hole, and it’s not me. My suggestion is no more complicated than MLB determining whether or not a player committed an error, whereas yours is ridiculous. 

Just now, Lamont Sanford said:

One of us is going down a rabbit hole, and it’s not me. My suggestion is no more complicated than MLB determining whether or not a player committed an error, whereas yours is ridiculous. 

The QB committed the error.  I'll oversimplify this for you.  If the QB hadn't thrown the pass in the first place, there would never be an interception.  That goes for 100% of passes.

4 minutes ago, Jwook said:

"breaking away" is a lot more subjective than a turnover, not to mention, he still had to get the ball to him. It's possible to have a great pass and have a WR make a great move. A turnover should be awarded to whoever is at fault.   It's really not the same logic at all. 

If a kicker kicks a kick that is returned for a TD then it should be negative points