brockpapersizer

Tommy Pham 2018 Outlook

3 for 5 today with 3 runs and 3 ribs. Come onnnn baby I'd love a huge second half Pham.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jeffr913 said:

Does this trade drop his fantasy value?

As someone who owns a lot of shares of him, I’m not psyched. I know that much. 

3 minutes ago, jeffr913 said:

Does this trade drop his fantasy value?

I mean, he hasn't been doing much for several months now so... no?

Just seen the trade. TB has in many cases been beneficial for some hitters, I wouldn't assume Pham has been sent to a deserted island. Maybe with some pressure off his back, he'll hit well for TB ROS. I guess it's wait and see however, but I'm not sure I expect some epic turnaround either.

Edited by tonywow
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, benturn22 said:

pham traded to the Rays lol damn..sucks for his fantasy value but at least he will play everyday 

Why?

rays betting team average, on base percentage and identical OPS

Well at least he'll have opportunities again at the top of the lineup. Hopefully this move allows him to clear his head because he's been a mental mess at the plate and on the base paths for most of the year. 

Edited by bigbluecrew56
  • Like 1

I think Pham's value stays the same or increases as he seemed to have negative feelings about STL franchise and this is a fresh start for him and consist PT and a chance to be a "face" of the franchise. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Baseball Jonze said:

I think Pham's value stays the same or increases as he seemed to have negative feelings about STL franchise and this is a fresh start for him and consist PT and a chance to be a "face" of the franchise. 

Yea value in no way goes down IMO, gonna be hitting toward the top with KK, if anything i too think his value is trending up with this move

• Like 1

It can't go much worse than it has lately for Pham, so I see no reason why owners shouldn't welcome a change of scenery here. Should get a major opportunity in the middle of the Rays lineup with hopefully a fresh mindset.

• Like 4

xEVl2WlP_bigger.jpgBatFlip Crazy @batflipcrazy
FollowingFollowing @batflipcrazy
More

Tommy Pham is the same guy. O-swing: 23.7% 2018 / 19.0% 2017 Z-contact: 88.8% / 86.5% Hard: 47.5% / 35.5% LD: 21.3% / 22.2% GB: 52.4% / 51.7% FB: 26.4% / 26.1% AVG: .248 / .306 HR/PA: 3.5% / 4.3% R\PA: 16.9% / 17.9% RBI/PA: 10.4% / 13.8% SB/PA: 3.5% / 4.7% #RaysUpTampaBayRays2018.png #Cardinals

Edited by benturn22

1 hour ago, Baseball Jonze said:

TB has never had a face for their franchise save for maybe Longoria, who they traded away at some point anyway.  As to Pham, while what you pointed out may be true to some degree, TB's lineup outside of Ramos (who is likely to be traded if they can with his injury) and Cron (having a good year) is pretty awful.  Kiermeyer (when he manages to actually stay on the field) is another candidate for most overrated.  He would be traded except TB made the mistake of giving him a long term contract.

Edited by secretagentman

What’s amazing to me about this trade is the prettt clear disdain by the Cardinals organization towards Pham. Yes I recognize he is having a down theee months but this is a layer they held in the minors far longer than necessary and then constantly looked for ways to minimize even when successful. You contrast it to how they handled a struggling Carpenter and the differences are stark. I’m not sure if they disliked something about him beyond his play on the field but certainly feels that way. Must not have bought in to the good old “Cardinal way” like they wanted. Hoping this trade fires him up.

• Thanks 1

Pham is exactly the type of player to step up with a chip on his shoulder. He’s also closer to home (at least where he spends his offseason—Miami). 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mudrummer said:

What’s amazing to me about this trade is the prettt clear disdain by the Cardinals organization towards Pham. Yes I recognize he is having a down theee months but this is a layer they held in the minors far longer than necessary and then constantly looked for ways to minimize even when successful. You contrast it to how they handled a struggling Carpenter and the differences are stark. I’m not sure if they disliked something about him beyond his play on the field but certainly feels that way. Must not have bought in to the good old “Cardinal way” like they wanted. Hoping this trade fires him up.

In fairness, Carpenter is making a lot more lol.  And has always been able to hit when he actually manages to be 100% healthy.  I think Pham is one of those guys an organization has development personnel criticize in their reports as being mediocre at best and the Cards never really believed in him.  How good he really is is anyone's guess at this point. 

Edited by secretagentman

Welp, hoping he can turn it around in Tampa. A new start can't make him much worse than he has been this year outside of a month and those distant 2-3 games Post ASB.

The Rays hope he can return within a month, according to the CBS blurb. Even if that happens, you’re looking at 3-4 weeks of play from him, he likely won’t run much, and his bat has mostly been cold since mid-May. For me personally in a redraft, that’s a drop.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Caelum said:

The Rays hope he can return within a month, according to the CBS blurb. Even if that happens, you’re looking at 3-4 weeks of play from him, he likely won’t run much, and his bat has mostly been cold since mid-May. For me personally in a redraft, that’s a drop.

Yup if you do not have a DL spot for him.  No point keeping someone who is out for 50% of the remainder of the season at this point if he clogs your roster and is marginal.

• Like 1