brockpapersizer

Ozzie Albies 2018 Outlook

5 minutes ago, Fielder1831 said:

Didn't expect this by any means. I was thinking in the 15 and up range.

Oh o.k. Your gif implied you knew something they didnt. What he has done has been pretty wild.

They all kind of razzed me that he will never reach fifteen in his career year. That was the point of the gif. Anything can happen but 15 plus looks like a sure bet. I truly don't think anyone seen this. Exactly how you explained it WILD!

9 minutes ago, 2ndCitySox said:

How many homeruns did you project for him to hit this year? 

This kid is so much fun to watch! He hustles on every ball put in play and makes some very nice plays on the defensive end as well. Very exciting times for Braves fans out there. I'm just excited to be living in Atlanta and get to go to games to watch this young energetic group of players. 

• Like 2

He now has 12 doubles, 1 triple, and 9 homers after today. Unfortunately, the Braves aren't scheduled to play tomorrow so Albies will end up coming up only 1 short of tieing the major league record for extra base hits in the month of April.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dan said:

He now has 12 doubles, 1 triple, and 9 homers after today. Unfortunately, the Braves aren't scheduled to play tomorrow so Albies will end up coming up only 1 short of tieing the major league record for extra base hits in the month of April.

The way he's raking, I wouldn't count him out just because his team doesn't have a game scheduled.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

34 minutes ago, dan said:

Braves had two games postponed in April.

• Sad 2

Ozzie just keeps on hitting. A week ago some people thought the run was over because he went 0-12 over 3 games. Then he went back to crushing it. 

I can’t wait to see the stats he puts up hitting in front of Acuna and Freeman for the next several years (I don’t know Freeman’s contract situation). Add 20-25  homer power to that and we have a blossoming stud!

Someone mentioned a few pages ago that Atlanta is generally reluctant to steal bases. That's not the same theme this year. The organization has stressed that they will be aggressive on the base paths this season. Albies will get his. Heck, just look at ender. He already has 13 sb. 

5 minutes ago, vmo1059 said:

Someone mentioned a few pages ago that Atlanta is generally reluctant to steal bases. That's not the same theme this year. The organization has stressed that they will be aggressive on the base paths this season. Albies will get his. Heck, just look at ender. He already has 13 sb. 

Harder to steal bases when you always end up past first.

Edited by jahweedum
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, RedRaider27 said:

Anyone tried to sell high on this guy? What's his value at right now in a redraft?

Offered and declined Rendon, then offered Rendon and Stroman and also declined.

44 minutes ago, RedRaider27 said:

Anyone tried to sell high on this guy? What's his value at right now in a redraft?

I tried to get Jose Ramirez for him last week and got rejected, this was just before JoRam heated up. Don’t think I’m going to get better value if I trade him unless I can somehow get a top tier player.

2 hours ago, jahweedum said:

Harder to steal bases when you always end up past first.

Very true, but if they keep the lineup the way they had it today,  maybe he'll steal some more bases.  Today was a good start.  I think the steals would come no matter if he stayed at 1st or 2nd, as he has 2 in his last 3 games, but this lineup still works for me.

If you're looking to sell high on Albies, then I'd say Albies could get someone top 25-40 depending on the other owner's need for a 2B and their depth at the position you're going after. 

so nobody is worried about the HR/FB %, K% rate? any signs pointing toward some serious regression?

Reminds me of Rafael Furcal.

Edited by B&F

10 hours ago, cdd10 said:

so nobody is worried about the HR/FB %, K% rate? any signs pointing toward some serious regression?

His K rate is 18.9 percent and his HR/FB rate is 20.5%. In today's game that K rate isn't really that high. The HR/FB rate isn't absurdly high, though it's higher than what I'd expect from a guy that was projected as a contact over power guy.  

That said, he's a young player, and young players tend to regress a bit once the league figures them out. When that happens, those that own him will be panicking and those that don't own him will be saying "I told you so." And then he'll bounce back and continue to be a solid producer. Everything I've seen tells me he's a very good player, even if he probably won't have another nine home run month for a long time, if ever again. He'll have the growing pains of a young player, but I don't see any serious regression outside of the usual regression we see when the league learns how to pitch to the new guy.

• Like 2

Altuve has shown that it can be difficult to pitch to a 5’6” midget that has bat speed and enough power to put it in the 10th row. The strike zone is tiny, they crowd the plate, and then if you throw inside and catch any part of the plate they turn on it and make hard contact. 

• Like 3