brockpapersizer

Ozzie Albies 2018 Outlook

14 hours ago, ZChronicNebula said:

A 5’9 21 year old 2nd basemen from Curaçao is tied with Bryce Harper for NL lead in HRs. What a time to be alive.

A 5’9” dude leads all of baseball too.  It’s tbe most magical thing about baseball really: this sort of thing can’t happen in other sports where you need the size to compete

3 minutes ago, merlin401 said:

A 5’9” dude leads all of baseball too.  It’s tbe most magical thing about baseball really: this sort of thing can’t happen in other sports where you need the size to compete

That's not true. Doesn't happen often but it does. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, merlin401 said:

Ahem.

allen-iverson-sixs.jpg?w=1024&h=576&crop

4 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Name the player that does not slump at some point.

Ill hang up and listen.

I don't understand ..... I said he HAS to slump at some point basically for this reason 

4 hours ago, merlin401 said:

The list of small players in other sports is very long. Welker sproles and the best.... Tyrone Bogues. To name a few. 

3 hours ago, dkrocka said:

Only took like 35 games for this guy to match my home run projection.

Yep, most people expected around 12 homers for the SEASON. And he's matched that total in less than a 1/4 of the games. He'll go through stretches with less homers (and more steals) but I think it's up to people to prove that he's not legit, that he can't be a top 5 2nd baseman for the next 5+ years.

19 hours ago, dan said:

Yep, most people expected around 12 homers for the SEASON. And he's matched that total in less than a 1/4 of the games. He'll go through stretches with less homers (and more steals) but I think it's up to people to prove that he's not legit, that he can't be a top 5 2nd baseman for the next 5+ years.

Also add the fact that the Braves lineup is only going to get better. I see an Astros type lineup in the making.

0-10 in his last 2 games.  He's trash.  Probably getting demoted.  I'm already looking at who I can pick up instead as a replacement...

Sadly, I'm actually at least a smidge surprised nobody has made that post in here yet since you usually see one in every player's thread during a slump.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 5/12/2018 at 9:33 AM, merlin401 said:

Nate (Tiny) Archibald in the NBA dominated the through the seventies.

NFL had the Smurfs with the Redskins in the early eighties. 

Gretsky was only six feet and utterly dominated the NHL.

But you are right in that baseball is the only sport where it wouldn't surprise people to see a smaller player to do well. You have Altuve, Jimmy Wynn, Joe Morgan also. The other sports have changed a lot through the years

On 5/11/2018 at 7:38 PM, DMurphy77 said:

Don't see much "Sell High" talk here anymore.  For people with him in Keeper leagues what would it take right now for you to trade him?

For me, it would have to be my team suffering some major injuries and a championship on the line.  If the trade doesn't put me in as an automatic league winner, I wouldn't consider it.  For that reason, it would have to be later in the season when my team's position in the rankings is more clear.  Even then I would be inclined to gamble on doing a smaller deal for help and holding him while crossing my fingers that my pitching (my area of vulnerability) could hold up.

11 minutes ago, The 7th Beatles said:

That is quite the company to be a part of.

• Like 1

On 5/12/2018 at 10:33 AM, merlin401 said:

Seriously? Literally only basketball and even then, there are exceptions

41 minutes ago, Ja21 said:

Seriously? Literally only basketball and even then, there are exceptions

Well several people have responded similarly now so I guess I’ll respond: I agree my post was a bit too hyperbolic, but yes I think the breadth of body types and sizes that can excel as baseball is far far more varied than the other sports.  

5 hours ago, dan said:

They've gotta move him down.

I get why you are suggesting that (more RBIs), but I'm perfectly fine with where he is.  His time as the #2 and #1 hitter has been pretty magical so far this season, so I see no real reason to mess with it.

• Like 1

The kid is a stud plain and simple.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story