brockpapersizer

Ozzie Albies 2018 Outlook

6 hours ago, svdude said:

That is just based on the asking price in leagues where I'm trying to acquire him.  No one wants to let go of him and see to be valuing him as a top 5 2B and top 50 long term asset.

I took him in the 5th round of a 14-team dynasty. Had a good first showing in the bigs... him and Devers are two of my dynasty targets because they are prospect-age (21) and could be strong contributors right away. I also think Albies has a solid floor due to the hit tool and speed, and there may be a Lindorian surge ahead (less power but way more speed!)

I think he'll be good and has a chance to be special. Has a bit of a mystique. The ultimate ceiling depends on his power, but will still be a good player without 15+. 

Edited by ChicksDigTheOPS
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TekilaAF said:

Do you think atlanta will keep his as the starter all season if he slumps?  Any hopes he can get the SS start eventually?

I think they will let him work through it.  They arent contenders this year (outside shot) and I think they are committed to letting Albies and Swanson work through struggles so they will be ready to roll for a playoff push in 2019.

• Like 1

This guy is a stone cold lock to produce. That hit tool plus speed and the friendly confines of that park are so encouraging. 

And he'll get 10+ starts at SS for sure. 

• Like 1

There's little doubt he'll play the whole season if he struggles.  Not sure if he'll get very many starts at SS though unless Swanson is horrible again.  If so, maybe they decide to move on from Swanson at some point in the season.

10 hours ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

Thats way too early!

nope, he is a star

Will he get any time at SS or will I need to use my UTL spot for him...and if that is the case, is he worth that spot rather than a 4th OF? Murphy is my long term 2B option right now. 

Edited by mowntineer

2 minutes ago, mowntineer said:

Will he get any time at SS or will I need to use my UTL spot for him...and if that is the case, is he worth that spot rather than a 4th OF? Murphy is my long term 2B option right now. 

If Swanson bombs again this season, which is probably a better than 50/50 chance, then Albies could very well just slide right back over and be Atlanta's SS of the future.  For the foreseeable future though, I'd say you'd have to use the UTIL spot for him and then hope Swanson bombs.  It would also depend on who that 4th OF would be.

I was thinking they'd try him at short this year even if Swanson puts up mediocre/average stats, just to have him get reps (I believe that was his natural position).  Probably not 20 games though.  As KilloWertz said though, I do think there is a good chance he puts up less than a mediocre line a la last year.

2 hours ago, mowntineer said:

Will he start the year in the bigs or are there years of control issues like we will see with Acuna?

He's the starting 2B.  No need to worry.

• Thanks 1

What do people feel this guys prime projections are. Thinking about snatching him in a dynasty league. Just wondering if the power will come around.

3 hours ago, Fielder1831 said:

What do people feel this guys prime projections are. Thinking about snatching him in a dynasty league. Just wondering if the power will come around.

.295/18-22HR/27-33SB assuming you mean career prime.

Edited by DConny1

You guys think 95 overall is to high?

I had Olson at that spot I wanted to draft during my roto draft Wednesday but worry Albies will not make it back to me my next pick

I'm all in on this guy and you should be to.  Love young players with good plate discipline, especially ones that play middle infield with speed and some pop!

Reached a little to get Albies and excited! 

I have yet to read some negative stuff about this guy. Really good at adjusting, solid contact, can pull the ball in the air, speed is legit, can take a walk too, super young. 

Yeah, I am excited!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dannyusf said:

Reached a little to get Albies and excited! 

I have yet to read some negative stuff about this guy. Really good at adjusting, solid contact, can pull the ball in the air, speed is legit, can take a walk too, super young. 

Yeah, I am excited!

I’m as giddy as you are.  He is one of my keepers and I keeping him over Baez whom I’ve held on for the last 4 years. ?

On 3/18/2018 at 8:16 AM, irishbaseball59 said:

You guys think 95 overall is to high?

I had Olson at that spot I wanted to draft during my roto draft Wednesday but worry Albies will not make it back to me my next pick

95 seems like a good place to pick him. This is definitely a guy that you have to reach to draft if you really want him.

There are 4 picks before me for people that didnt keep 10 players in my league and Im nervous AF that one of those 4 is going to scoop him up.

Ozzie Ozzie Ozzie, Oy Oy Oy!

Got him in the 10th round of my 12-team mixed H2H, a bit surprised he was still there since we have a few managers who love the youngsters. Love the profile of this kid, seems like a professional hitter who can make adjustments and won't be overwhelmed by anything he sees.  Very excited.