brockpapersizer

Ozzie Albies 2018 Outlook

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, JetsAwesome said:

since being moved down to 2 hole he's been en fuego.   Inciarte, Albies and Freeman should have always been 1-3.  The 2 hole places slightly less pressure on Albies to get on base and being in front of Freeman he's now getting pitches he can do something with.

 

Playing against the O's doesn't hurt either

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't look now, 12-of-22 over his last 4 games, 10-of-15 over his last 3,

 

1 HR, 4 RBI, 7 Runs, 1 SB, OPS out the roof, BA over .500.

 

He's back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This guy is turning into the perfect example of sell high/buy low!!  From a scientific/statician perspective - can't wait for the all-star break on this guy!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Through 77 games Ozzie has 335 at-bats.

 

Jimmy Rollins has the record for at-bats in a season with 716. 

jimmyrollinsoh.jpg

Edited by collucho

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, collucho said:

Through 77 games Ozzie has 335 at-bats.

 

Jimmy Rollins has the record for at-bats in a season with 716. 

 

Other than being a durable player who doesn't take enough walks, what does this tell?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Yanks#1 said:

Other than being a durable player who doesn't take enough walks, what does this tell?

 

That he wikl reliably be in your fantasy lineup daily.

 

No sweating whether the manager might give him a breather or sit him against a certain left or right handed pitcher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Yanks#1 said:

Other than being a durable player who doesn't take enough walks, what does this tell?

Who cares? I just think it would be cool for (basically) a rookie to break an MLB record.

Edited by collucho
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, collucho said:

Who cares? I just think it would be cool for (basically) a rookie to break an MLB record.

 

+1 here.  Why do people have to be so cynical?  Or why does everything have to be a means to an end.  It is always fun to watch records get broken.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys are so defensive. How is it cynical when we’re in a fantasy baseball forum and I asked what the benefit of the record is to fbb? I’d be happier to see him increase  his walk rate than to be a league leader in AB each season. That’s one thing keeping him from the upper echelon of rankings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Yanks#1 said:

 I’d be happier to see him increase  his walk rate than to be a league leader in AB each season. That’s one thing keeping him from the upper echelon of rankings.

He's a kid. Good chance he cuts his K rate over the next few seasons

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Yanks#1 said:

You guys are so defensive. How is it cynical when we’re in a fantasy baseball forum and I asked what the benefit of the record is to fbb? I’d be happier to see him increase  his walk rate than to be a league leader in AB each season. That’s one thing keeping him from the upper echelon of rankings.

Chill out, bro. He most likely won't break the record anyway, just thought it was cool that he's kind of on pace to. I'm sure he will improve his OBP in years to come solely to please your fantasy needs.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 straight multi-hit games.  AVG has ticked back up to .271.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Suddenly turned it on like a switch. No idea what was going on but smells like a mechanical adjustment to me.

 

Still in time to put up a big year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Benched to stop his momentum 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will never understand why managers would bench a player who is as hot as Albies is right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

That he wikl reliably be in your fantasy lineup daily.

 

No sweating whether the manager might give him a breather or sit him against a certain left or right handed pitcher.

And just as you say that...he gets benched:angry: god knows why

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, roscobangs said:

I will never understand why managers would bench a player who is as hot as Albies is right now. 

 

5quRSK.gif

 

Go out on a high note.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He did only get 2 hits last night after 3+ the last 3 games.

 

Or maybe the combination of the walk off game going until 1am the other night and the early game today

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, roscobangs said:

20 jacks before the ASB. 

 

I'd bet on less than 15 after - love the kid- one of the reasons I'm where I am in fantasy - but, he slowed down for a reason!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any idea what's happened with Ozzie's game the past couple weeks to lead to so much quality contact?  Still a bit nervous due to the lack of walks.  I just have a tough time getting fully invested in a young hitter when he's not taking Walks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...