brockpapersizer

Ozzie Albies 2018 Outlook

1 hour ago, JetsAwesome said:

since being moved down to 2 hole he's been en fuego.   Inciarte, Albies and Freeman should have always been 1-3.  The 2 hole places slightly less pressure on Albies to get on base and being in front of Freeman he's now getting pitches he can do something with.

Playing against the O's doesn't hurt either

• Like 1

Don't look now, 12-of-22 over his last 4 games, 10-of-15 over his last 3,

1 HR, 4 RBI, 7 Runs, 1 SB, OPS out the roof, BA over .500.

He's back. 

This guy is turning into the perfect example of sell high/buy low!!  From a scientific/statician perspective - can't wait for the all-star break on this guy!!

Through 77 games Ozzie has 335 at-bats.

Jimmy Rollins has the record for at-bats in a season with 716. 

jimmyrollinsoh.jpg

Edited by collucho

3 hours ago, collucho said:

Through 77 games Ozzie has 335 at-bats.

Jimmy Rollins has the record for at-bats in a season with 716. 

Other than being a durable player who doesn't take enough walks, what does this tell?

Just now, Yanks#1 said:

Other than being a durable player who doesn't take enough walks, what does this tell?

That he wikl reliably be in your fantasy lineup daily.

No sweating whether the manager might give him a breather or sit him against a certain left or right handed pitcher.

1 hour ago, Yanks#1 said:

Who cares? I just think it would be cool for (basically) a rookie to break an MLB record.

Edited by collucho
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, collucho said:

Who cares? I just think it would be cool for (basically) a rookie to break an MLB record.

+1 here.  Why do people have to be so cynical?  Or why does everything have to be a means to an end.  It is always fun to watch records get broken.  

• Like 3

You guys are so defensive. How is it cynical when we’re in a fantasy baseball forum and I asked what the benefit of the record is to fbb? I’d be happier to see him increase  his walk rate than to be a league leader in AB each season. That’s one thing keeping him from the upper echelon of rankings.

2 hours ago, Yanks#1 said:

I’d be happier to see him increase  his walk rate than to be a league leader in AB each season. That’s one thing keeping him from the upper echelon of rankings.

He's a kid. Good chance he cuts his K rate over the next few seasons

10 hours ago, Yanks#1 said:

You guys are so defensive. How is it cynical when we’re in a fantasy baseball forum and I asked what the benefit of the record is to fbb? I’d be happier to see him increase  his walk rate than to be a league leader in AB each season. That’s one thing keeping him from the upper echelon of rankings.

Chill out, bro. He most likely won't break the record anyway, just thought it was cool that he's kind of on pace to. I'm sure he will improve his OBP in years to come solely to please your fantasy needs.

• Thanks 1

5 straight multi-hit games.  AVG has ticked back up to .271.

Suddenly turned it on like a switch. No idea what was going on but smells like a mechanical adjustment to me.

Still in time to put up a big year.

Benched to stop his momentum 

I will never understand why managers would bench a player who is as hot as Albies is right now. 

22 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

That he wikl reliably be in your fantasy lineup daily.

No sweating whether the manager might give him a breather or sit him against a certain left or right handed pitcher.

And just as you say that...he gets benched:angry: god knows why

16 minutes ago, roscobangs said:

I will never understand why managers would bench a player who is as hot as Albies is right now. 

5quRSK.gif

Go out on a high note.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He did only get 2 hits last night after 3+ the last 3 games.

Or maybe the combination of the walk off game going until 1am the other night and the early game today

4 minutes ago, roscobangs said:

20 jacks before the ASB. 

I'd bet on less than 15 after - love the kid- one of the reasons I'm where I am in fantasy - but, he slowed down for a reason!  

Any idea what's happened with Ozzie's game the past couple weeks to lead to so much quality contact?  Still a bit nervous due to the lack of walks.  I just have a tough time getting fully invested in a young hitter when he's not taking Walks.