brockpapersizer

Ozzie Albies 2018 Outlook

15 minutes ago, jahweedum said:

I'd bet on less than 15 after - love the kid- one of the reasons I'm where I am in fantasy - but, he slowed down for a reason!  

So.... yah not happy with 34??? Stud. He will be on my dynasty team for years!

Edited by Fielder1831
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Magnus88 said:

Any idea what's happened with Ozzie's game the past couple weeks to lead to so much quality contact?  Still a bit nervous due to the lack of walks.  I just have a tough time getting fully invested in a young hitter when he's not taking Walks.

With all that quality contact he has no time to be taking walks. ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Back on pace for 200 hits which was his goal before the season started. Pretty cool. I frantically made sure he wasn't part of the derby when I woke up today.

• Like 1

hope they just let him rest to Thursday as a precaution - hamstrings are tricky.  Hope they just make sure he's right.

7 hours ago, kidtwentytwo said:

AA was on Sirius this morning.  Indicated Albies could sit the Miami series.  

Well crap! In a weekly I just can't start him then. At least I have a hot Kinsler to us :/

just DL him already

edit: nevermind...just saw where he is expected back thursday

Edited by crotchcrickets

39 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Hope you sold high.

Im buying everywhere at this very moment!

I think he's back Thursday no doubt. I've read the tea leaves all day 

50 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Hope you sold high.

Come on man you advocated for him during his slump - don't you waver now!

10 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

It was in jest. Im on this ride to the end.

Good

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

1 HR and 3 steals since Jul 13. Apparently, pitchers have figured out they can throw him junk because he is so aggressive. Unless he adjusts, its gonna keep being ugly.

https://www.beyondtheboxscore.com/2018/8/15/17690594/mlb-news-strike-zone-edwin-diaz-mariners-robinson-cano-contract-ozzie-albies-slump-braves

Albies has kind of fallen off a cliff in the last few months, and he has been 50% below average offensively this month. Why? His launch angle and exit velocity have both dropped, and it’s largely because from the left side, he is reaching more as pitchers make adjustments.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, St3v3k4hn said:

1 HR and 3 steals since Jul 13. Apparently, pitchers have figured out they can throw him junk because he is so aggressive. Unless he adjusts, its gonna keep being ugly.

https://www.beyondtheboxscore.com/2018/8/15/17690594/mlb-news-strike-zone-edwin-diaz-mariners-robinson-cano-contract-ozzie-albies-slump-braves

Albies has kind of fallen off a cliff in the last few months, and he has been 50% below average offensively this month. Why? His launch angle and exit velocity have both dropped, and it’s largely because from the left side, he is reaching more as pitchers make adjustments.

He’s also been moved down the order, batting 6 the last few days...

In non-keeper leagues, is anybody thinking it's time to cut bait for the playoffs? He has 8 hits, all singles, in his last 44 ABs. Seems like he hit the wall pretty hard.

3 hours ago, OaksterDan said:

In non-keeper leagues, is anybody thinking it's time to cut bait for the playoffs? He has 8 hits, all singles, in his last 44 ABs. Seems like he hit the wall pretty hard.

At some point dropping him has to be considered. I've rostered him in redraft since the beginning of the season, but he's been brutal for a long time now. Hard to roster such dead weight heading into the playoffs, especially if there are some hot FAs available. I'm likely dropping as there hasn't really been any positive signs recently that he will help much at all come playoff time. Still like him for next year and beyond though.

• Like 3

Down to seventh in the order today.

I wonder if the hamstring injury he suffered on July 20 has had an impact on him.  After slumping for close to a month following his terrific start to the year, in 21 games between June 22 and July 20 his numbers were:

37-93 (.398)

22 R

4 HR

14 RBI

4 SB

In the 31 games he's played since returning from the hamstring injury on July 26 to the present, his numbers are:

27-117 (.231)

12 R

1 HR

7 RBI

2 SB

With the playoffs coming up Albies owners may have to move on if he continues to struggle.  However, I think that should be a last resort: he just seems like the type of player who'll go to 2-4 in some random game and then be a top 10 hitter for the rest of the season.