CFN

Bobby Portis 2017-2018 Season Outlook

2 minutes ago, ak427 said:

My god, you guys overreact so much to single games

lauri is a much better player then portis....

on ESPN. he looks terrible. not enough minutes. 

Powell and even Jerian Grant get more minutes than Portis

2 minutes ago, Panic said:

lauri is a much better player then portis....

Okay?? Is Lauri some new addition? 

2 minutes ago, ak427 said:

Okay?? Is Lauri some new addition? 

lauri markkanen.. what ? hes been away for the past week and a half with the birth of his child....

Solid line considering the low minutes. Let the game end befire thd overreactions flow. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Panic said:

lauri markkanen.. what ? hes been away for the past week and a half with the birth of his child....

I'm well aware. He's also had to play behind him and Mirotic this entire season and still put up nice value. And now that Mirotic is gone, there's absolutely no way "the ride is over"

He's also played basically the entire 4th quarter

Can't say I've been impressed.  Really thinking about grabbing a guy like Powell or Bender instead.

Mm heading that way for me too, missed the boat on Powell - spewing. But don’t know about Bender. Points are inconsistent af, Denver was his only really relevant fantasy score. You think he’s trending up? Potentials there.

I don't know what some people here are expecting. He's doing great on a per-minute basis. I just hope Vonleh doesn't muddle things. As long as he has a 23-29 mpg role this guy can produce. if they finally decide to sit Lopez's a** down (who knows when that'll be), then there's a great chance that he and Markkanen can really flourish - especially upon Dunn's return post ASG.

He is who he is. 

45% - 47%, gives you 3's from the PF/C, good source of points/boards, gets decent steals as long as he's getting minutes in the mid twenties, not a bad passer (has 3 assists or more in 3 of his last 6 games), and he knocks down his freethrows. He's basically Zach Randolph with more 3's and better FT%. There's nothing to dislike about that unless you're a team struggling in blocks and FG% - in which case you shouldn't roster him if you're looking to shore up those areas.

Since I've picked him up along with Bullock and Hezonja my PPG has jumped up tremendously, I've been top 2 in PPG in the past 3 weeks in my league with these pickups. It's not easy to find bigs who can score a ton, and he does that nicely, which really supplements your guards well. 

I said he'd bounce back in his shooting when people here stressed out that he's at 30% the week prior, in his last 3 games he's between 47% - 57%.. law of averages; it'll only get better when Dunn returns (for reasons which you can see a few pages ago). 

Edited by Lifschitz

You think Bobby "One punch man" Portis gets 25 minutes consistently? Or possibly a boost post AS break? 

Whats Rolos contract look like? Is it a one year, expiring?

• Haha 1

2 week average. 

13/9/3 on 39 percent shooting.  

Shooting slumps are going to happen but with Miro gone the shots are always gojng to be there regardless of pt at this point. Must hold for me regardless but I’m going Bobby gets at lest 25 per ros. 

Felico and Nwaba expected to start on Thursday, it seems like Portis might be limited to a 21-25 min role ros regardless of who is healthy or not. The Bulls won't even start Bobby when Larry misses time. I am kind of disappointed but o well. 

3 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Felico and Nwaba expected to start on Thursday, it seems like Portis might be limited to a 21-25 min role ros regardless of who is healthy or not. The Bulls won't even start Bobby when Larry misses time. I am kind of disappointed but o well. 

I don’t understand why Felicio is starting over him. #freebobby

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, bmoney0111 said:

I don’t understand why Felicio is starting over him. #freebobby

Yup I do not either since he has been a massive bust since they gave that guy a big contract. I guess he have to live with 13-15 points per and about 4-6 bounds per ros with no upside.  

Edited by chud12
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, chud12 said:

Yup I do not either since he has been a massive bust since they gave that guy a big contract. I guess he have to live with 13-15 points per and about 4-6 bounds per ros with no upside.  

imo Lopez should completely fall out of the rotation and spread Lopez backup minitues to the young guys. 

• Thanks 1