Sign in to follow this  
MrJuiceBar

Courtney Lee 2017-2018 Season Outlook

Worth a spot in deep league rosters. Putting up solid glue guy stats. During game break, dude just ate a whole fruit-by-the-foot in under 24s.

Underrated glue guy. My team currently ranks high in reb and block so I just add him. Hope it's gonna work. 

My other 3 and D guys are JRich and Prince but I don't like their TO. With KP/Kanter/THJ score a bunch he should be a good fit and get starters minutes going forward. 

On 11/7/2017 at 8:18 PM, MrJuiceBar said:

Worth a spot in deep league rosters. Putting up solid glue guy stats. During game break, dude just ate a whole fruit-by-the-foot in under 24s.

I think that's more impressive than the 5/6 3s last night, haha.

I might pick up just for the Steals.

The last two weeks he has put up pretty consistent and solid numbers. I see the stats and haven't taken the plunge as I've had this guy in the past and he disappointed me.

Anybody think this will continue, or is this just a good couple of weeks?  He seems to be getting minutes. I don't think his recent FG% and 3Pt% are sustainable. So what's the rest of the year story on this guy? Is there some young guy in the wings who will eventually steal his minutes? There are so many borderline rosterable guys out there that have one great night and then disappear for a couple of games. 

Courtney has been pretty good lately and I have no idea if this is real or he is just shooting at an unconscious rate and will come back to earth soon.

He won't keep this up but there's no reason not to own him. He was already a top 100 player last year and he'll most likely be a top 100 guy this year as well, with increased opportunity. I don't really understand how people still sleep on him even in deep leagues, after proving to be a solid fantasy option for such a long time

I'm in a points league, so that makes a big difference in his value for me.  He was in Cory Joseph, Austin Rivers, Buddy Hield range in my points league last year.  His fantasy points per minute played is only about .69, with how my league scores. So if he loses minutes to anybody, or those % take a hit, his value  dives. 

This guy has been so solid and unreal. Career year and there's no reason to think he can't keep this up. Anyone holding him and enjoy owning him here? 

24 minutes ago, sickrookie said:

This guy has been so solid and unreal. Career year and there's no reason to think he can't keep this up. Anyone holding him and enjoy owning him here? 

He's been awesome for me so far, no complaints.

career year best avg was 12.5ppg, right now on this year he's 13ppg, past two weeks is 15ppg, past week he's avging 18ppg. Where will he settle? A little regression has to be coming..

Just now, THE_MAGIC_MAN said:

career year best avg was 12.5ppg, right now on this year he's 13ppg, past two weeks is 15ppg, past week he's avging 18ppg. Where will he settle? A little regression has to be coming..

career yes, but I think this team right now fits him most. 

I glad I picked him up

wow he looks great - but i guess same thing im wondering if this is sustainable...i own dunn and know that hes bound to be inconsistent but dont know if hes worth it more or lee haha

He's a perfect all around role player who doesn't hurt you anywhere. He seems to be getting good minutes and it's unlikely that will change because he's been the key to the Knicks' good play.

Kanter & Lee are consistent and efficient and a big part of why the Knicks are doing so well. Of course KP too and occasionally THJ. With the Knicks in a meaningful season finally I can definitely see this continuing.

So underrated due to the lack of potential upside but he has been playing incredibly recently, I've heard apparently he's starting at SF? Such a steal, this kind of production for free is so useful.

Consistency has been a problem prior to this year, but he has always had a very solid all around game. One of my best WW pick ups for sure.

16 hours ago, THE_MAGIC_MAN said:

Are the injuries to KP & THJ detrimental to his value, or would he still be this good?

I'm wondering the same thing. Have 6/10 waiver and I'm thinking of using it on him.

Picked him up as a streamer over a month ago but he's just been cruising for so long now i could never drop him.  Sustained, consistent production with ridiculous efficiency.  He's shooting 54% over the last 30 days, over 50% from 3 and over 90% from the line.  On fire.