osb_tensor

Eduardo Rodriguez 2018 Outlook

Well, that's ominous: Rodriguez leaves the game with a right knee injury - same knee he had surgically repaired last fall.

• Confused 1

Yeah I agree, he was eyeing his right ankle.  Impact could have been a lot worse on that play.  The way he walked off, I think he'll be okay after All-Star Break.

2 minutes ago, herschel said:

Well, that's ominous: Rodriguez leaves the game with a right knee injury - same knee he had surgically repaired last fall.

Who said it was his knee?  It looked more like it was his ankle to me.  Won't know what it really is until we get an official report though. 

Too bad.  He was keeping his pitch count down nicely this game as well which is what everyone wants to see.

Yeah he walked off looking ok. Didn't see anything that looked like a knee issue, maybe rolled his ankle coming down. 

11 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Who said it was his knee?  It looked more like it was his ankle to me.  Won't know what it really is until we get an official report though. 

Too bad.  He was keeping his pitch count down nicely this game as well which is what everyone wants to see.

Sean McAdams original tweet.  Nothing official.

3 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

It's official from the Sox now.   Right ankle sprain.

Any details on the severity or estimated time out?

13 minutes ago, rrrrich46 said:

Any details on the severity or estimated time out?

I'd say at least 8 days (nyuk nyuk), but the Sox will probably want to be conservative with him so don't be surprised if he lands on the 10d DL.

Even though it was his ankle and not his knee, it would be naive to think that a weakened ankle wouldn't put more stress on the knee. 

Edited by Lebanasty

Bad bad news:

Red Sox' manager Alex Cora announced Sunday that Eduardo Rodriguez has "serious damage" to the ligaments in his right ankle.

He won't require surgery, and the Red Sox are optimistic that he'll be able to pitch again this season, but that isn't a certainty. He'll be in a walking boot for the next two weeks before being re-evaluated. It's a crushing blow to his fantasy value for the 2018 season. The 25-year-old southpaw has been a major asset in mixed leagues, posting an 11-3 record, 3.44 ERA, 1.22 WHIP and 110/32 K/BB ratio across his 104 2/3 innings.

Source: Mike Silverman on Twitter                                        Jul 15 - 4:42 PM

• Sad 5

Was just gonna post that. Not good dammit. 

Well that sucks. He was inconsistent but putting up some good numbers overall and seemed to potentially be hitting his stride with a powerful offense behind him. This is just craptastic. 

Done for the year.  Ligament damage?  Peace out.

Best case scenario Boston has him for the post season.

I will stash him in my DL. too bad, he was having a good year.

Similar to the Acuna injury? Or was that more his knee. Either way probably a similar timeline I'd guess, or maybe longer if the ligaments are as badly damaged as feared.

Great talent but every year I pencil him in for 16 starts.  He he always gone where I am willing to draft him but I can accept that.

18 hours ago, Scaramanga said:

I will stash him in my DL. too bad, he was having a good year.

Even more than that.  He finally had hit his stride, his knee problems over and was really taking off into being the pitcher many of us thought he could be all along.  This last start he finally got on top of his pitch count and was on the verge of moving up a tier in pitching moving forward.  Then this.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Even more than that.  He finally had hit his stride, his knee problems over and was really taking off into being the pitcher many of us thought he could be all along.  This last start he finally got on top of his pitch count and was on the verge of moving up a tier in pitching moving forward.  Then this.

Two years in a row. He’s so darn close to being a rock solid real life #2/3 (already a 3 tbh). Health is the final piece. This one hurts. 

• Like 2