osb_tensor

Robbie Ray 2018 Outlook

2 minutes ago, cyberer said:

He’s throwing again! I highly doubt the veracity of this last part but cbs says he could return in 2 weeks 

Just got him off waivers so that would be nuts if he came back in two weeks. I was expecting at least another month.

3 minutes ago, lbjames6 said:

Just got him off waivers so that would be nuts if he came back in two weeks. I was expecting at least another month.

Agreed. Typically obliques are like a month which would put him out a few more weeks but I think the grade ii part scared everyone. Hopefully he comes back strong and not too fast

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/baseball/news/fantasy-baseball-finding-nine-trades-for-nomar-mazara-patrick-corbin-and-more/

It's always going to be hard to find a trade for someone on the DL, because you're moving them at the nadir of their value. Even someone like Ray, who I'm somewhat skeptical can find the level he pitched at last season, is going to have more value when he comes back from the DL. If I could swap him for someone like teammate Zack Godley, that's a move I would make for Ray. Otherwise, I would just hold tight, let him get healthy, and try to move him after a good start or two.

Faced live hitters Saturday still no update. I’m predicting a rehab start this week maybe need a 2nd but activated middle of next week... of note that would be about 6 weeks exactly on the injury. 

Edited by cyberer
  • Like 1

Robbie Ray (oblique) is on track to begin a rehab assignment with High-A Visalia on Thursday.

Ray threw another bullpen session Monday and if he recovers from it with no issues he'll be cleared for rehab games. Considering the left-hander has missed the last six weeks of action, he will need multiple rehab starts before rejoining the Diamondbacks' rotation.

Jun 11 - 6:59 PM

Another rehab start on Monday, hopefully back next weekend. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2014olympicgold said:

Robby Ray is starting today according to Yahoo

He is, according to all sources.

1 hour ago, 2014olympicgold said:

Robby Ray is starting today according to Yahoo

It was reported on Monday my friend. 

who is running him out?  yes I get its the Marlins but odds are he doesn't get a QS and might not go more than 75 pitches...

In my lineup in a non-QS league. Hoping for five, a win, and double-digit k’s

My staff is depleted with injuries, so I basically have no choice but to throw him tonight. The matchup is almost as friendly as it can get. Expecting some rust, but an overall decent line that won't hurt: 

5.1, 1ER, 2BB, 7k

2 hours ago, mtw02 said:

who is running him out?  yes I get its the Marlins but odds are he doesn't get a QS and might not go more than 75 pitches...

He went 66 last time out, I can see him going 90-100 if he's doing well. It's more like if he struggles or gets into a jam late, they'll lean conservative.

4 hours ago, lbjames6 said:

It was reported on Monday my friend. 

Friend?!

Eyes swell up with happy tears.

4 hours ago, BMcP said:

He is, according to all sources.

Solid

10 hours ago, mtw02 said:

Got the qs

1 hour ago, brockpapersizer said:

Got the qs

83 pitches too so that likely means he'll have little to no limit next time out. 

• Like 2

Extremely happy that I held him this long, great first start and I expect more from here on out. Diamondbacks starting to look dangerous again as they get players off the DL

I was frustrated with how slow they took it with him but he looks to be 100% for the 2nd half 

On 6/28/2018 at 12:11 AM, sharpee said:

top 15 SP ROS? 

Don't think so. Was super inconsistent before the injury. Seems like 2017 was a mirage.

Looking more like a bust at this point in the season.

I’m buying...just came back so he will have a few hiccups along the way

• Like 1