osb_tensor

Robbie Ray 2018 Outlook

I’m also willing to cut him some slack - he improved significantly as the outing went on in terms of placement and stuff.

Gonna give the guy a few more starts, no reason to overthink his first two starts after a lengthy DL stint

Thankfully he’s getting some help from his offense tonight. Crossing my fingers he can limit the damage for just four more innings and rake up a few more K’s.

12 minutes ago, Lux Aeterna ll said:

Thankfully he’s getting some help from his offense tonight. Crossing my fingers he can limit the damage for just four more innings and rake up a few more K’s.

not looking good

Win or lose, huge bust.

Edited by borindia
  • Like 2

pulled 2 outs before qualifying for an easy win but cant hit the broad side of a bark so his pitch count is near 100.  This dude blows.  3 homers, 4 walks.  Just got to Double A already, you aren't major league material.

Edited by summersoff7

Yeah, that’s a wrap on Ray for me. He’s worse than Castillo at this point. He needs to get sent down to AAA for a few weeks.

Would've been nice to see a better start vs a weak SD team. That being said, I'm holding. The main reason to own Ray is for the Ks and he's still delivering there. I don't think he'll revert to last season's overall numbers, but he's somewhere in between that and what he's shown so far this season. ERA should be in the high 3s by the end of the year.

Edited by OaksterDan
typo

One year wonder, he has reverted to his form of 2 years ago

from Zane Grey

10. Robbie Ray – Damn, Cousin Sweatpants, I wanna draft all of the starters in this tier, but this is where not being a panty mouth comes in.  You really don’t need a starter here, but if you get caca-cuckoo for Ks like me, I can see why you’re foaming at the lips.  Ray had 218 Ks last year in only 162 IP.  Imagine he throws 200 IP this year.  Oh, man, I’m feeling lightheaded from wonderful.  I wanna go into a Thai massage right now and ask for a Robbie, and hope they misinterpret my meaning.  2018 Projections: 16-7/3.26/1.16/234 in 191 IP

Don't own him but something to take from last night's game is three of the runs came of Wil Myers' bat.  When he is healthy is one of the best power hitters in the game.  Still had 7 ks.

19 minutes ago, SpartyinFoCo said:

Start him today?

I pretty much start every pitcher on my roster. But if there was ever a likelihood of a rocking, an inconsistent Ray at Coors is it.

1 minute ago, kaesr said:

I pretty much start every pitcher on my roster. But if there was ever a likelihood of a rocking, an inconsistent Ray at Coors is it.

I couldn't agree more but the dude has to bounce back sometime! I am not starting him either but wanted to see what others are thinking.

20 minutes ago, kaesr said:

giphy-47.gif

In H2H points where the Ks could potentially offset the runs/dingers, it might be worth the gamble.  Otherwise the only reason to start him today is if you're desperate for Wins or Ks.

Edited by OaksterDan
clarification
  • Like 1