Sign in to follow this  
monkeysennin

JR Smith 2017-18 Season Outlook

Couldn't find a topic on him but he's starting to heat up! I think the Cavs are finally starting to realize they're better with his shooting. Worth a pick up or only until Rose is back?

Edited by monkeysennin

Coincidentally just picked him up, really need the 3s and if the Cavs start winning his team wins will be nice for me. The Cavs really do need his floor spacing so him getting his shots going now is a good sign.

3 hours ago, Boogie Buckets said:

Coincidentally just picked him up, really need the 3s and if the Cavs start winning his team wins will be nice for me. The Cavs really do need his floor spacing so him getting his shots going now is a good sign.

I have done the same, picked him up as a streamer for 3's and stls but I might just keep him as long as his shot is falling.

Scooped him up today as well. He's getting the minutes and having owned him in years past when he's on a roll he can carry a team in 3's and steals. Won't hesitate to drop him if his shot isn't falling though.

Picked him up for this game and I am digging his steals. You guys think he can sustain this when IT comes back or is this just a hot streak?

6 hours ago, prefuse1 said:

Picked him up for this game and I am digging his steals. You guys think he can sustain this when IT comes back or is this just a hot streak?

Knowing JR it is just a hot streak, but let us enjoy the ride while it lasts

He plays brilliant minutes and is so underused in those minutes its kinda annoying. Did nothing for 3 quarters besides hit that clutch 3 at the end. Imagine if he'd sustained his first quarter perfomance through the full game.

Edited by Boogie Buckets

As a competitive fantasy player i love players who get consistent big minutes. JR is actually a decent defender and can score the ball. I’m expecting some nice production especially until Isaiah comes back 

• Like 1

I know this sounds crazy... but is JR a pick up? 4th round value since the trade and 3 games next week....

12man H2H

This guy made me win a championship a few years ago, averaging something like 5 3pts in the crucial weeks. I picked him up as a sign of gratitude

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, sgergole said:

This guy made me win a championship a few years ago, averaging something like 5 3pts in the crucial weeks. I picked him up as a sign of gratitude

That kind of loyalty is rare in this world.

• Haha 1

24 March  2014 - 06 April 2014: 42 3pters in 8 games played. 5.3 average per game in the two crucial weeks. And this before shooting threes was mainstream. Never forget.

Swish appears to be back on his game.

I truly think he may be the player with the biggest benefactor of all the trades that went down.

Does he really need his own thread?  

Only a matter of time: