B&F

Ryan Zimmerman 2018 Outlook

I had him last year and he was great. That being said, I was not targeting him in drafts this year. Just too scary for me to do and there are other players around his ADP i like better. I got him free last year. This year you have to pay.

I'm not saying he can't do what he did last year or put up a respectable year, but there were other people around his ADP who I felt more comfortable drafting. There will be another Ryan Zimmerman (from last year) on the waiver wire soon enough.

very strange.  Could it be they are waiting on test results or an appeal verdict on test results?  Very strange

6 hours ago, TribeFoo said:

giphy.gif

I think most would agree he's in a position to put up numbers in that lineup. The question at this point is if 1) he's healthy and 2) he can do that after playing in a softball league all spring.

Now that's a nice GIF LMFAO

Probably 2017 was a flukie career year but what is his ADP and Avg $ cost right now?  he's so cheap, you just have to pick him up.  It's a nearly free chance of winning your league.

Last year was an outlier...we can all agree on that. But does he come close to those numbers this year?

29 minutes ago, lavaman said:

Last year was an outlier...we can all agree on that. But does he come close to those numbers this year?

I disagree as I don't see last year as an "outlier".  He was healthy.

he had 4 previous seasons with 25 or more HRs (and 1 with 24).  He had 4 previous seasons with 90 or more RBI (and 1 with 85).

career .280 hitter with a .820 OPS.  He's a good hitter ... when healthy.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, jb_power said:

I disagree as I don't see last year as an "outlier".  He was healthy.

he had 4 previous seasons with 25 or more HRs (and 1 with 24).  He had 4 previous seasons with 90 or more RBI (and 1 with 85).

career .280 hitter with a .820 OPS.  He's a good hitter ... when healthy.

Good hitter yes. He's ALWAYS been a good hitter. But THAT good?? He had his best season, and it will be very hard to duplicate whether he is healthy or not.

I'm gonna call it right now, he's off his PED vitamins and the air comes completely out of the ballon this season 

12 minutes ago, mevins31 said:

I'm gonna call it right now, he's off his PED vitamins and the air comes completely out of the ballon this season 

Okay....

Noted.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, mevins31 said:

What makes you think he's off them? 

10 minutes ago, dod959 said:

What makes you think he's off them? 

He can have a down year and still get a nice contract based off what he did last year 

This guy has the best job ever. Gets all offseason and spring training off, then plays every other game during the season. Nice work if you can get it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TribeFoo said:

This guy has the best job ever. Gets all offseason and spring training off, then plays every other game during the season. Nice work if you can get it.

Oh, and you forgot to mention he makes millions while doing it.

He was done in 2013! Seriously. Anomaly year last year and. Career reserrection due to PED's. Hope he can get down to Tijuana soon 

Just now, mevins31 said:

any time you want to get started, Mr. Worthless.

If you are daily lineups, tomorrow he has to be in.

Teheran cannot pitch to Harper...should put Zimm in a good spot batting behind him. 

1 minute ago, mowntineer said:

If you are daily lineups, tomorrow he has to be in.

Teheran cannot pitch to Harper...should put Zimm in a good spot batting behind him. 

He's been in terrific spots so far. Guys are always on in this lineup. something looks 'missing' hmm

I don't think there's anything wrong with Zimmerman.  I think it's early and he did not get a lot of ABs in Spring.  The Nats are a team that have aspirations of not only making the playoffs, but of winning the World Series.  Martinez knows that value of having a healthy Zimmerman, so I do anticipate he will get regular rest days with the hopes he stays healthy both for the season and playoff run.  While not ideal in weekly lineup leagues, I still think if you can get a healthy 125-135 games from him, he will be very productive.  I'd rather the rest days and him doing what he did yesterday, then some wannabe from the FA wire.

Moving like the tin man, needs some oil. And by Oil I mean Deca-durobalin