B&F

Ryan Zimmerman 2018 Outlook

On 8/4/2018 at 7:15 AM, CharlesHustle said:

No way he gets more than 4 starts a week ROS, time to let go.....

the time to let him go was months ago.  

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRNao5Zq31aovifOSvC7tB

As I said earlier on, August is his month.  If he does well again today,  I am definitely picking him up

He is that player tha always seems to hit well for all teams but mine. 

• Like 1

Such a weird season. His exit velocity and expected stats are even better than last year. 

2 hours ago, RBI Sports said:

Just picked him up. Hoping they play him more often. These early lock days suck though. 

Exactly what I did. He had been playing only half the time, but he's red hot and has been known to go on binges, so I'm giving him a whirl on the chance that maybe they play him more in the near future to take advantage of that as long as he's hot.

2 hours ago, Caelum said:

Exactly what I did. He had been playing only half the time, but he's red hot and has been known to go on binges, so I'm giving him a whirl on the chance that maybe they play him more in the near future to take advantage of that as long as he's hot.

Isn't it pretty much a pure LR platoon with Adams?

8 hours ago, 96mnc said:

Isn't it pretty much a pure LR platoon with Adams?

Not 100 percent, Zimmerman started against the righty Desclafani on Saturday, for example. I'm strictly talking about taking a flier, since I had an easy drop, to see if his recent hot streak results in more at-bats and a continued hot streak. My team in question has had garbage stats at first base for a while, so even 4-5 games a week of a hot Zimm sounds good. So it's totally dependent on your own situation

1 hour ago, Picard56 said:

LET THIS MAN PLAY EVERYDAY! He is absolutely crushing the ball lately.

This was his 3rd start in a row, which is a season first to my knowledge, so maybe he will now for the most part. It would be hard to sit him tomorrow after what he did today.

Edited by KilloWertz

Honestly, he's not going to play everyday and likely at best 4-5 times a week (6, 7 game week respectively).  He's shown a propensity to not be able to handle the rigors of anywhere close to full-time duties anymore.  If you are in a daily lineup changes league, he's a good guy to plug in, but for those of us in weekly leagues unfortunately it's really hard to lose the stats from the missed games.

On 8/11/2018 at 7:49 PM, BigPapi44 said:

Honestly, he's not going to play everyday and likely at best 4-5 times a week (6, 7 game week respectively).  He's shown a propensity to not be able to handle the rigors of anywhere close to full-time duties anymore.  If you are in a daily lineup changes league, he's a good guy to plug in, but for those of us in weekly leagues unfortunately it's really hard to lose the stats from the missed games.

We all said this about him last year and he logged 576 PA's. He is healthy now and i wouldnt bet against him the ROS. 

He was dropped in a few of my leagues. Guy has excellent statcast data 95 mph + hard hit rate .409 xWOBA and has one of the highest woba - xWoba differentials at -.049 which suggests that better results may be on the way (Think Kendrys Morales)  I think he's well worth a look for those who need a bat as he with the stretch run, playoffs etc. 

3 hours ago, henchforlife said:

Next week looks juicy as well, may have to roll him out in my CI spot. Might pop a few homers next week based on the schedule

as per ESPN, he is projected to face righties five out of six times next week, would be nice to see some more LHP in there...